Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-21-2012   #1
Pictavia
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Pictavia is a quality contributor and well respectedPictavia is a quality contributor and well respectedPictavia is a quality contributor and well respectedPictavia is a quality contributor and well respectedPictavia is a quality contributor and well respectedPictavia is a quality contributor and well respectedPictavia is a quality contributor and well respectedPictavia is a quality contributor and well respectedPictavia is a quality contributor and well respectedPictavia is a quality contributor and well respectedPictavia is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Sky Sports

Good news for UK Texans fans Sky Sports have the today's game v the Ravens as the main feature starting 1730 gmt. What a change a couple of years make this is the second main game for the Texans this season. Over here for years it has been a diet of Giants, Patriots, Cowboys with the odd Steelers appearance.
I hope now that the team has recovered from last weeks nightmare and resume normal service
Pictavia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #2
LondonTex
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3606 LondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sky Sports

I hate that it's on Sky. For those of us NFL Texans fans in the UK who shell out to pay for a season of NFL Gamepass, the Texans game is blacked out this week. Luckily I have access today to Sky Sports but this is not always the case. I hate it when Gamepass black out games that are on Sky....they don't black out games that are on C4 and BBC because they are free to air...thank goodness for that at least.
Old 10-21-2012   #3
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 24274 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Direct TV's NFL Sunday Ticket blacks out the games that are on local TV also.

We can watch them on the combined channel in one of the 8 little boxes, but have to change the channel to the local station to watch the Texans.
Old 10-21-2012   #4
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 48076 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Same for NFL network. It's blacked out if game is shown locally.
Old 10-21-2012   #5
Pictavia
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Pictavia is a quality contributor and well respectedPictavia is a quality contributor and well respectedPictavia is a quality contributor and well respectedPictavia is a quality contributor and well respectedPictavia is a quality contributor and well respectedPictavia is a quality contributor and well respectedPictavia is a quality contributor and well respectedPictavia is a quality contributor and well respectedPictavia is a quality contributor and well respectedPictavia is a quality contributor and well respectedPictavia is a quality contributor and well respected

Agree about NFL gamepass points. On the plus side coverage on national tv enables viewers of NFL in the UK to see that there is more to football than the usual glory hunters of Giants etc. Fortunately up here because of our strong ties with Houston there is a substantial Texans support. I wish this was the case across the UK and not just for the Texans but other "unfancied" teams.
Old 10-21-2012   #6
robroy72
Veteran

Rep Power: 6816 robroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonTex View Post
I hate that it's on Sky. For those of us NFL Texans fans in the UK who shell out to pay for a season of NFL Gamepass, the Texans game is blacked out this week. Luckily I have access today to Sky Sports but this is not always the case. I hate it when Gamepass black out games that are on Sky....they don't black out games that are on C4 and BBC because they are free to air...thank goodness for that at least.
You pay for something and it gets blacked out? Feck me ... and people ask me why I left the UK....
robroy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #7
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13529 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't wait for Kevin Cadle's brilliant analysis
Surreal McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-21-2012   #8
Pictavia
Rookie

Smile Re: Sky Sports

The highlight of the week In fairness much less painful than Mike Carlson on Ch4
Old 10-21-2012   #9
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I actually love the Sky Sports coverage, just a shame Nick Halling isn't involved any longer I thought he was quality.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #10
LondonTex
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3606 LondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pictavia View Post
Agree about NFL gamepass points. On the plus side coverage on national tv enables viewers of NFL in the UK to see that there is more to football than the usual glory hunters of Giants etc. Fortunately up here because of our strong ties with Houston there is a substantial Texans support. I wish this was the case across the UK and not just for the Texans but other "unfancied" teams.
Agreed in terms of when it's on 'terrestrial tv' like C4 and BBC. It's great when people get to see our awesome Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pictavia View Post
The highlight of the week In fairness much less painful than Mike Carlson on Ch4
haha, I actually like Mike. He's a bit like marmite in that way...most either love him or can't stand him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
I actually love the Sky Sports coverage, just a shame Nick Halling isn't involved any longer I thought he was quality.
I agree, the Sky coverage is good. I like Neil Reynolds and he really knows his stuff. I also like the other pundits....I only cancelled Sky Sports cause I couldn't rationalise paying for that AND gamepass ...I didn't realise gamepass blacks out sky sports games until recently....that really ticked me off as I figure if you pay for gamepass you should get to watch every game. ah well 'sigh'
Old 10-21-2012   #11
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Former Texans QB Bradlee Van Pelt on the panel tonight as well, tends to present a few games every season for SS.
We will remember them.
Old 10-21-2012   #12
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
Really? Couldn't stand Halling, glad he's gone. Cadle is a buffoon as well.
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #13
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13529 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancunian View Post
Really? Couldn't stand Halling, glad he's gone. Cadle is a buffoon as well.
Agreed. They should just give us the US feed. No need to localise the presentation when it's this poor.
Surreal McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #14
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal McCoy View Post
Agreed. They should just give us the US feed. No need to localise the presentation when it's this poor.
Can I just point out that having spent the majority of the last 3 years watching the US feeds, all that time these people you dislike chatting **** about whats happening around the league the US audience is watching adverts.

Its crazy ho many ads they show over there, I think UK TV is limited to something like 12 minutes per hour or something, if you watch american hour long shows they tend to be 42 minutes long in total (with ads removed), but I'm pretty sure their sports coverage is more like 25 mins per hour. Crazy.

Oh, and i meant to add, what you are being given is the US feed in total, they don't cut to studio except at half time, every single break in play is an ad break.
We will remember them.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read