Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Terrell Suggs will play for Baltimore Ravens vs. Texans

Misleading title for the thread. He has been activated off of the PUP list, but that doesn't mean he'll be active and playing as part of their active roster on Sunday. Still doubt very seriously that he'll play. He replaced a guy in Kindle who's only been active for 2 games so Suggs place on the roster doesn't really mean much at this point.

Ravens should put him out there on our slippery, gapped, ragged turf.
nod.gif

If the Ravens and Suggs are not just "bluffing," but actually are hell bent to go through with seeing him on the field............

718109520_298948_2120249965056_1209996578_32031264_1324916932_n_xlarge.jpeg

he can be neutralized by dbrown. now if they move him to the other side i can see him making plays.

I'm not even sure that will help. Suggs tore his ACL back in may - that makes this a pretty damn fast recovery, not to mention the rust of not playing a game in almost 10 months. I would be surprised if he looks anything like the Suggs of old - I don't expect to see him better than around 75% of normal. While that is still not a terrible player, it should make it a lot easier to handle for the younger guys.

I'm not even sure that will help. Suggs tore his ACL back in may - that makes this a pretty damn fast recovery, not to mention the rust of not playing a game in almost 10 months. I would be surprised if he looks anything like the Suggs of old - I don't expect to see him better than around 75% of normal. While that is still not a terrible player, it should make it a lot easier to handle for the younger guys.

Achilles........other than that, there isn't much different except long term prognosis.

Am hoping we beat them down no matter if he plays or not.

If he's wanting a piece of action this early into his recovery, then so be it. Sometimes being macho is not the best thing to attempt, and this is one of those times for Suggs...but hey, he's a big boy and if they want to try that stuff on us then all I can say is that he gets what's coming to him if it goes badly.

I HAD sympathy for the guy. But if he tries to come back and he gets hurt, I will have zero sympathy for him. Come Sunday, gloves are off. Period.

If Suggs actually takes the field, I will eat my hat. I have a hard time believing that someone with a Achilles injury plays after only three days back at practice. I guess stranger things have happened, but this would be right up there.

No offense, but this games is nowhere near as important to Baltimore as one game each remaining against the Browns and Bengals, and two against Pittsburgh. If the Ravens want to guarantee another AFCN division title, Suggs needs to be ready for those contests, not this one.

If Suggs actually takes the field, I will eat my hat. I have a hard time believing that someone with a Achilles injury plays after only three days back at practice. I guess stranger things have happened, but this would be right up there.

No offense, but this games is nowhere near as important to Baltimore as one game each remaining against the Browns and Bengals, and two against Pittsburgh. If the Ravens want to guarantee another AFCN division title, Suggs needs to be ready for those contests, not this one.

That makes sense. The Texans are running away with the AFC South which is frankly, not real competitive (to put it nicely) while Baltimore is in a very tough AFC North. Either Pittsburgh or Cincinnati could slip up on you if the Ravens brought Suggs back too soon.

I expect this to be the first of two Ravens-Texans games this year and both will hopefully be at Reliant.

That makes sense. The Texans are running away with the AFC South which is frankly, not real competitive (to put it nicely) while Baltimore is in a very tough AFC North. Either Pittsburgh or Cincinnati could slip up on you if the Ravens brought Suggs back too soon.

I expect this to be the first of two Ravens-Texans games this year and both will hopefully be at Reliant.

I hope you are right Herv. That would be friggin awesome. The 2 teams that scare me in the AFC when it comes playoff time are Denver and New England.

I was just browsing to see if he had some special surgery (usually we hear 12 month for recovery). This is only what I found. now being 100 percent probably is the 12 month.. I don't know

Cloak would be the one to answer this

Anyway this was an article a Surgeon explained

Take us through what a patient such as Terrell Suggs might face in the coming days and weeks.

Generally, the surgery is done as outpatient surgery. The tendon is repaired with suture, and then afterward, after five to seven days, if the wound is healed, the limb is mobilized and therapy is begun. Some protocols will allow some weight-bearing in a protected fashion in the next 10 days to six weeks. Typically, we have them walk with the foot [in a brace] with a heel lift or the foot slightly down. The brace is repaired for strengthening and conditioning.

Between six and 12 weeks, the brace is brought to a more neutral position, and generally, people can do more aggressive activities, such as cycling and swimming. In terms of running, it varies depending on the magnitude of the tear and exactly what was needed surgically. Some people can return to jogging even at 10 weeks, and some go longer.

When might a football player such as Suggs realistically return to action after this injury?

In terms of full, aggressive play, it could be anywhere between three months and six months, depending on what was done. ... For someone like this [a high-level athlete], though, it's probably going to be more like six months.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/20...patient-surgery-nonoperative-treatment-tendon

BTW the ravens board said he looks like he gained about 15-20 lbs
http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/topic/49082-the-return-of-suggs-forces-kindle-out/page__st__40

1st picture on link

I'm with you on this one.

But I would have to seriously wonder, if he DOES play, if this would not be generated solely by a totally ill-considered, ill-advisable, EGO-driven move on his part.

Turn back to a statement he made right after undergoing his surgery:

The NFL Defensive Player of the Year vowed to return by November at the latest, which flies in the face of protocol. Injuries of this nature normally require a year of rehab.

"I'm 29 years old," Suggs said. "I don't miss games. I'll be returning soon."

Classic Suggs. Over his nine-year NFL career, he's missed only three games and appears motivated to silence his doubters.
link

I'd be shocked that a front office that makes as few mistakes as B'mores would risk so much, for so little reward, be letting Suggs play.

I'd be shocked that a front office that makes as few mistakes as B'mores would risk so much, for so little reward, be letting Suggs play.

You dont think homefield thru-out is a high reward ?

The team that wins this game has the inside track to homefield advantage for the duration of the conference playoffs - these two teams have a two game lead on every other team in the conference. No one else in the AFC stands better than 3-3.

The consequences of this game couldmean the difference between a Superbowl appearance .... or not. The stakes couldnt be higher at this early juncture of the season.

You dont think homefield thru-out is a high reward ?

The team that wins this game has the inside track to homefield advantage for the duration of the conference playoffs - these two teams have a two game lead on every other team in the conference. No one else in the AFC stands better than 3-3.

The consequences of this game couldmean the difference between a Superbowl appearance .... or not. The stakes couldnt be higher at this early juncture of the season.

I would contend that you have a better chance winning on the road with Suggs then at home without. This is only compounded by the loses of Webb and Lewis.

If I was the Baltimore FO the only team I would risk Suggs to avoid playing on the road would be New England. Other than staying in front of the Pats I wouldn't risk Suggs this quickly.

I was just browsing to see if he had some special surgery (usually we hear 12 month for recovery). This is only what I found. now being 100 percent probably is the 12 month.. I don't know

Cloak would be the one to answer this

Anyway this was an article a Surgeon explained

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/20...patient-surgery-nonoperative-treatment-tendon

BTW the ravens board said he looks like he gained about 15-20 lbs
http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/topic/49082-the-return-of-suggs-forces-kindle-out/page__st__40

1st picture on link

He is 5 months 1 week removed from an Achilles tendon repair. Return is expected typically no sooner than 6-9 months following repair. Numerous sources have reported that he has gained substantial weight during his more inactive rehab period. According to PUP rules, he was not able to practice with the team any sooner than after the 6th week......his first practice was yesterday. Only 2 weeks ago, sideline shots showed Suggs still limping noticeably.

The extra weight certainly applies additional un-needed stress to a healing Achilles, especially worrisome for someone not in optimal game shape. I doubt seriously if he is activated and plays Sunday. If the Raven choose to do so, Suggs performance will likely be unrecognizable........and his chances of setback/re-injury will be significant.

Just a additional thought I wanted to offer. Suggs' Achilles tear was partial, not complete. This could account for why they may feel a little more comfortable in bringing him along a little sooner. However, the statements I made in BOLD above concerning a possible return on Sunday still stand.

I am quite familiar with the surgical procedure/rehab protocol he evidently underwent. It was first described in 2010. It is referred to as a "primary achilles tendon repair with mini-dorsolateral incision technique and accelerated rehabilitation." The most recent study came out just this month. It found that there were less complications and setbacks with this approach than with an large incision "open" technique. It also found that a 4 to 6 month return to sport activity was reasonable. Keep in mind that this was more of a cross-sectional population of normal everyday persons playing sports....not necessarily professional athletes.....and, especially, not athletes expected to perform at elite level.

Suggs activated, will play today per ESPN.

Well crap.

Not even scared. Suggs in 20lbs overweight and just returned to practice. He is nowhere near game shape right now. Combine that with reliants linebacker eating turf it is just a terrible decision by the Ravens catering to the ego iof Suggs.

Not even scared. Suggs in 20lbs overweight and just returned to practice. He is nowhere near game shape right now. Combine that with reliants linebacker eating turf it is just a terrible decision by the Ravens catering to the ego iof Suggs.

Limited snaps. They are reaching for this game. Shows how important it is.

Gonna have to call better plays that don't have od one on one blocking Suggs in the run game. Jesus.

Am hoping we beat them down no matter if he plays or not.

If he's wanting a piece of action this early into his recovery, then so be it. Sometimes being macho is not the best thing to attempt, and this is one of those times for Suggs...but hey, he's a big boy and if they want to try that stuff on us then all I can say is that he gets what's coming to him if it goes badly.

I HAD sympathy for the guy. But if he tries to come back and he gets hurt, I will have zero sympathy for him. Come Sunday, gloves are off. Period.

Gloves off. Game on. No quarter.

hahahahaahahahahaa

Glove off as in, Suggs just ***** slapped you through the TV?

Once again, you're wrong.

I'm impressed with Suggs's play considering he hasn't played forever, is out of shape, and probably is way behind on the defensive schemes.

If Suggs gets hurt the Ravens have no one else to blame but themselves though.

It sucks to see any team decimated with injuries like they are (as we were last year)...but they are tempting fate.

Suggs played a hell of a lot better than I thought he would considering the circumstances. The Ravens just ran into a buzz saw like the Texans did last week.

man t sizzle sure sounds confedient ........ i wonder if we will ever see the ravens again this year ????????

Suggs played a hell of a lot better than I thought he would considering the circumstances. The Ravens just ran into a buzz saw like the Texans did last week.

Exactly what I was saying in another thread. Buzz saw. Exactly!

And you're right: He play far better than I expected of him, as well. I really figured he would be a bit gimpy out there today.

Tweet was sent early today. Suggs will not play. If I had a camel I'd put it up for a bet.

I lost my fictitious camel that I had already named Andy today. Suggs gained a ton of respect from me today. That dude is a beast to do what he did so soon. The Ravens on the other hand are fools for continuing to run their best players out on the field when the game was out of hand. I just don't get it.

Back