Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-20-2012   #1
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3890 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Terrell Suggs will play for Baltimore Ravens vs. Texans

Quote:
The Ravens activated Suggs from the physically unable to perform (PUP) list on Saturday but have not indicated what role he would play in the game or how much action he would see. Suggs had offseason surgery on his Achilles, which he tore in April.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...vens-vs-texans
Old 10-20-2012   #2
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Terrell Suggs will play for Baltimore Ravens vs. Texans

Misleading title for the thread. He has been activated off of the PUP list, but that doesn't mean he'll be active and playing as part of their active roster on Sunday. Still doubt very seriously that he'll play. He replaced a guy in Kindle who's only been active for 2 games so Suggs place on the roster doesn't really mean much at this point.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012   #3
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202278 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

A good and MORE REALISTIC view of the Suggs status explained. Also a good overall assessment of his effect present or absent on the Ravens. From the Baltimore Sun:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...0,211132.story
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012   #4
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87002 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Even if he did play it wouldn't matter, Duane owns him every time.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012   #5
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 284137 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Ravens should put him out there on our slippery, gapped, ragged turf.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012   #6
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 59496 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll believe it when I see it.

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012   #7
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202278 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

If the Ravens and Suggs are not just "bluffing," but actually are hell bent to go through with seeing him on the field............

Sponsored links
Old 10-20-2012   #8
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Ravens should put him out there on our slippery, gapped, ragged turf.

So Andre can pull up lame on our turf again? Naw, lets pass on that idea.
Old 10-20-2012   #9
DaTruthExplodes
Anti-Homer

Rep Power: 0 DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes

he can be neutralized by dbrown. now if they move him to the other side i can see him making plays.
DaTruthExplodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012   #10
dinkatoid
Veteran

Rep Power: 628 dinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTruthExplodes View Post
he can be neutralized by dbrown. now if they move him to the other side i can see him making plays.
I'm not even sure that will help. Suggs tore his ACL back in may - that makes this a pretty damn fast recovery, not to mention the rust of not playing a game in almost 10 months. I would be surprised if he looks anything like the Suggs of old - I don't expect to see him better than around 75% of normal. While that is still not a terrible player, it should make it a lot easier to handle for the younger guys.
Old 10-20-2012   #11
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkatoid View Post
I'm not even sure that will help. Suggs tore his ACL back in may - that makes this a pretty damn fast recovery, not to mention the rust of not playing a game in almost 10 months. I would be surprised if he looks anything like the Suggs of old - I don't expect to see him better than around 75% of normal. While that is still not a terrible player, it should make it a lot easier to handle for the younger guys.
Achilles........other than that, there isn't much different except long term prognosis.
Old 10-20-2012   #12
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Am hoping we beat them down no matter if he plays or not.

If he's wanting a piece of action this early into his recovery, then so be it. Sometimes being macho is not the best thing to attempt, and this is one of those times for Suggs...but hey, he's a big boy and if they want to try that stuff on us then all I can say is that he gets what's coming to him if it goes badly.

I HAD sympathy for the guy. But if he tries to come back and he gets hurt, I will have zero sympathy for him. Come Sunday, gloves are off. Period.
Old 10-20-2012   #13
AFS
Watt was that?

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter Though few believed it and most doubted it, Ravens LB Terrell Suggs was activated today and will play Sunday vs. Houston via @mortreport

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...14039670771713
AFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012   #14
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFS View Post
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter Though few believed it and most doubted it, Ravens LB Terrell Suggs was activated today and will play Sunday vs. Houston via @mortreport

Gloves off. Game on. No quarter.
Old 10-20-2012   #15
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFS View Post

Tweet was sent early today. Suggs will not play. If I had a camel I'd put it up for a bet.
Old 10-20-2012   #16
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

There is a better chance of GP playing than there is of Suggs playing.
Old 10-20-2012   #17
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Tweet was sent early today. Suggs will not play. If I had a camel I'd put it up for a bet.
You rock, Boss!!!!!!

Old 10-20-2012   #18
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
You rock, Boss!!!!!!

Haha, my camel would look better than that Doc!
Old 10-21-2012   #19
Daravenator
Veteran

Rep Power: 3744 Daravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respected

If Suggs actually takes the field, I will eat my hat. I have a hard time believing that someone with a Achilles injury plays after only three days back at practice. I guess stranger things have happened, but this would be right up there.

No offense, but this games is nowhere near as important to Baltimore as one game each remaining against the Browns and Bengals, and two against Pittsburgh. If the Ravens want to guarantee another AFCN division title, Suggs needs to be ready for those contests, not this one.
Daravenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #20
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daravenator View Post
If Suggs actually takes the field, I will eat my hat. I have a hard time believing that someone with a Achilles injury plays after only three days back at practice. I guess stranger things have happened, but this would be right up there.

No offense, but this games is nowhere near as important to Baltimore as one game each remaining against the Browns and Bengals, and two against Pittsburgh. If the Ravens want to guarantee another AFCN division title, Suggs needs to be ready for those contests, not this one.
That makes sense. The Texans are running away with the AFC South which is frankly, not real competitive (to put it nicely) while Baltimore is in a very tough AFC North. Either Pittsburgh or Cincinnati could slip up on you if the Ravens brought Suggs back too soon.

I expect this to be the first of two Ravens-Texans games this year and both will hopefully be at Reliant.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read