Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-19-2012   #21
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 36901 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Biggest Game in Franchise History!

How about we tone it down some, and call it biggest game OF SEASON thus far. This one impacts the AFC more than the Packers, so this is more important than that one. Not to mention the confidence boost heading into our bye. We need this to gain some emotions and confidence back.
Old 10-19-2012   #22
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 226347 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

This is simply nothing less than the most important game in human history. Its outcome is more important than any previous contest of wills up to and including World Wars I & II. Failure is not an option. Success without domination is not an option. Leaving enough Ravens standing to take the field next week would be an epic failure of inconceivable proportions.
Old 10-19-2012   #23
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36122 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

This game is huge if Houston wants home-field advantage in the playoffs. A loss and Houston would likely be heading to Baltimore in a possible playoff game. Baltimore does not lose at home. In their last twenty games in Baltimore the Ravens are 19-1.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012   #24
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4782 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

A Texans loss would not be OPTIMAL!

(too soon?)
Old 10-19-2012   #25
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 50843 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 10-19-2012   #26
Daravenator
Veteran

Rep Power: 3743 Daravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respected

It is a big game for the Texans, as Houston is 0-6 against Baltimore and a win here breaks that streak. But it isn't a must-win.
Daravenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012   #27
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77581 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daravenator View Post
It is a big game for the Texans, as Houston is 0-6 against Baltimore and a win here breaks that streak. But it isn't a must-win.
It's a "must win" in my book for a couple of reasons. First being, we need to get that "never won against the Ravens" monkey off of our backs that you mention. It's real and needs to go away.

Secondly this game is for first place in the conference. It goes a LONG way to getting a first round bye and playing you guys on OUR TURF in the playoffs and I wholeheartedly believe it will come down to you guys and us. Big deal in my opinion.

Both teams are working hard toward the same goal.

So

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-19-2012   #28
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9887 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Biggest Game in Franchise History!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
It's a "must win" in my book for a couple of reasons. First being, we need to get that "never won against the Ravens" monkey off of our backs that you mention. It's real and needs to go away.

Secondly this game is for first place in the conference. It goes a LONG way to getting a first round bye and playing you guys on OUR TURF in the playoffs and I wholeheartedly believe it will come down to you guys and us. Big deal in my opinion.

Both teams are working hard toward the same goal.

So
This is a must win!!
Old 10-19-2012   #29
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 27227 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Okay. A must win. Sure, I'll play this game.

If the Texans do not win, however, are your hopes for a Super Bowl dashed for the rest of the year?

EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012   #30
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 31195 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daravenator View Post
But it isn't a must-win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
It's a "must win" in my book
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Tiger View Post
This is a must win!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
Okay. A must win.
And here comes the obligatory it's not a must win, just a must play well game.

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012   #31
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Despite what I hope was my obvious mockery of such a statement, it is the biggest game of the season so far because of playoff seeding implications and because I think the team might need it for self belief purposes after getting shellacked last week.

For my sake I hope we win it so this place doesn't turn into a house of horrors during the bye week.
Baltimore still has to play Cincinatti, Pittsburgh (x2), Denver, Washington, & NYGiants.

We've got Chicago, NE, & Minnesota

We can theoretically lose this game & still finish with a better record than Baltimore, New England, & Denver.... and have homefield throughout the play-offs.

This game is important because good teams rarely loose two in a row. This game is important because we can't go into the bye on a two game loosing streak. This game is important, because we've never beaten Baltimore. This game is important because this is the team that knocked us out of the play-offs (that reason alone should make this game extremely important to this whole organization).

There are a lot of reasons why this is an important game. Being only a game or two ahead of our division rivals is not a big deal, because we've got plenty of season left to make up for it & our division is weak (though I think Hasselbeck makes the Titans a play-off contender, but those hillbillies are going to throw Locker back in the game as soon as they can).

Denver is probably our biggest competition for homefield advantage.
Old 10-19-2012   #32
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 106068 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
This actually is a big game. Whoever wins has inside track to homefield throughout the playoff's in the AFC. Peter King say's it could be the nfl game of the year. I saw it on the internet so it must be true.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...tml?xid=cnnbin
Old 10-20-2012   #33
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
This is simply nothing less than the most important game in human history. Its outcome is more important than any previous contest of wills up to and including World Wars I & II. Failure is not an option. Success without domination is not an option. Leaving enough Ravens standing to take the field next week would be an epic failure of inconceivable proportions.
Pretty hard to do considering the Ravens are on a bye next week
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012   #34
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdotTexas2Step View Post
This and the game against New England will probably be the biggest game of the season in retrospect.

It's crucial we win these if we want to the road to the superbowl in the AFC to go through Reliant.
If NE doesn't start winning more games it may not be as big as this one. The Denver game is looking better now as well.
Old 10-20-2012   #35
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
This game is the biggest game in FRANCHISE HISTORY!

(according to Paul Kuharsky, ESPN Blogger)

Given that indisputable fact, I am declaring this game a MUST WIN!!

I will also say if we lose this game, and other teams in the division win we will only have a 2 game lead in the division and with the bye coming up we could come out of the bye week with only a game advantage over the rest of the division.

No it is not.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read