Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-21-2012   #61
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Return of Jacoby

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
I really hope that someday you'll understand but until then, have a great day and good luck!
I don't have to understand anything more than what you did in your very firs post of this thread, which was to state that Jacoby Jones is now (a) thriving because he was (b) berated by Kubiak, (c) vilified by Houston, and now he is oh so very fortunate to (d) be in a positive environment in Baltimore.

And I told you that you had NO article to substantiate your claims against our HC. You then said you heard it on the radio. Yeah, sure.

From there, you called me a 14-year-old.

And your team got its ass handed to them today, so that's the cherry on the top of this ice cream sundae.

You got taken to task, and I have not done anything but show you that your original post was inaccurate and, obviously, bad in taste. Don't come here and talk down to us about our former player when that same guy , Jacoby, was given 5 years to make it work here. We were OVERLY patient with him. Period.
Old 10-21-2012   #62
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78028 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

**** you, Jacoby.
TheMatrix31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #63
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 141560 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
**** you, Jacoby.
$&@£ harder joDopey. I wish he'd gotten lit up by braman.
Old 10-21-2012   #64
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123766 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Really wanted to see jjmake a bad play today. Luckily he was no factor a tv all in the receiving game. Had a few nice returns though.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #65
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I don't have to understand anything more than what you did in your very firs post of this thread, which was to state that Jacoby Jones is now (a) thriving because he was (b) berated by Kubiak, (c) vilified by Houston, and now he is oh so very fortunate to (d) be in a positive environment in Baltimore.

And I told you that you had NO article to substantiate your claims against our HC. You then said you heard it on the radio. Yeah, sure.

From there, you called me a 14-year-old.

And your team got its ass handed to them today, so that's the cherry on the top of this ice cream sundae.

You got taken to task, and I have not done anything but show you that your original post was inaccurate and, obviously, bad in taste. Don't come here and talk down to us about our former player when that same guy , Jacoby, was given 5 years to make it work here. We were OVERLY patient with him. Period.
Oooh Internet Tough Guy rehashes everything posted in the thread because he cannot make his point. Nice try.

If only you could comprehend instead of making inference as to intent.

Congrats on the win- The Texans beat the Ravens on every facet of the game.

Too bad you couldn't- you had as much to do with the win as I did the loss.
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #66
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 13325 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

Jacoby's biggest contribution in today's game was a good chuckle; the thundering of emphatic boos everytime he took the field was simply hilarious. To think, we used to only boo him after the plays. LOL

Good riddance.
Old 10-21-2012   #67
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I was disappointed to hear the boos. Would have thought we would have been classier than that.

Good to see the players.. who had more at stake in that game than we did... were pretty classy with the way they recieved Jj...
Old 10-21-2012   #68
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I was disappointed to hear the boos. Would have thought we would have been classier than that.

Good to see the players.. who had more at stake in that game than we did... were pretty classy with the way they recieved Jj...
Glad to know I'm not the only one who disliked the booos. I thought it was tacky and very classless for Texans fans to be that rude. Just wasn't called for. JMO!! JJ is simply playing the game, just like all the rest.

My daughter told me Texan fans were giving V. Leach a bad time when he was warming up before the game. Nagging, booing, making inappropriate comments. WHY do that? Proves nothing except making Texan fans look like poor sports. Sad and pathetic IMHO!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #69
jjjezebel
ĦAy, caramba!

Section: Section 116, seats 15-17
Rep Power: 11836 jjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Agreed. I thought the constant booing was excessive and unnecessary.
jjjezebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #70
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I agree. I don't like booing, and didn't like the way the crowd got carried away with it.
Old 10-21-2012   #71
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

From the audio on my TV, the boo'ing was not loud. I am sure it was unnerving for you ladies and gents at the game, but over the TV it was a muffled noise that was barely audible. Which tells me it came from a very small section of fans across the stadium...the bandwagon types who don't know how to respect the business side of football. IMO.

I was unhappy with the boo'ing. There was no need for those fans to do that.

And in Jacoby's defense, he had a really good set of returns today. And a catch over on the sideline. He did well.

Even Pollard, who had the helmet-to-helmet hit on OD...he wasn't trying to hurt him, it just happened.

Now, if the Ravens had been whipping our butts today, I really think the Leach/Pollard/Jones trio would have been clowning a little bit, tbh.
Old 10-21-2012   #72
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123766 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail.Blazr View Post
To be clear... I am a fan of the kid, in the same way I rooted for Rocky Balboa... Like you stated, a small time kid from Lane College(where you say) comes to the NFL unpolished and makes a splash. I was merely dragging him through the mud to speak to/defend the notion given by the OP, that JJ was vilified, which can't be denied, but can certainly be justified.

If he can turn it around in Baltimore, awesome. If for the reasons you suggest, even better for him.. woe is we. So far, it seems he's turning out to be what Raven Fans/Jacoby Fans wished for. Buyer beware.
Please don't ever put JJ's name and Rocky Balboa's name in the same sentence ever again. That was arguably the best trios of all time having 4 to5 great films with great characters that displayed greatness. JJ is nothing but a typical NFL cat with some talent that will never achieve what he is capable of.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #73
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30005 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

I have no ill will towards Jacoby. I'm just glad he's gone. He was babied and coddled by this team (and overpaid) and he simply didn't live up to his potential. Good for him if he revives his career, but, I'm glad he's outie.

Oh, and the only reason he had a couple of good returns - in my opinion - has more to do with our Special Teams than his talent. Out Special Teams squad is atrocious.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #74
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't care for the boos, however those fans are the same ones that have boo'd the Texans this year and including the early going of this game IIR.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #75
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78028 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Classy nothing. Who gives a ****. Guy cost us a playoff game last year and he wasted five years of our time.

**** him. I'd boo him the loudest if I were there and I hardly ever boo at live events.

I'm glad we beat their ass and I'm glad he was inconsequential in this game. Worthless loser.
TheMatrix31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #76
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 36798 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:

Booing is part of the game, it's part of the business. Nothing like a little heckling to see if we can get under his skin. He was the best part of their game today, but didn't mean I wasn't going to try to disrupt it.

It's not personal it's a game.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #77
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30005 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Classy nothing. Who gives a ****. Guy cost us a playoff game last year and he wasted five years of our time.

**** him. I'd boo him the loudest if I were there and I hardly ever boo at live events.

I'm glad we beat their ass and I'm glad he was inconsequential in this game. Worthless loser.
LMAO!!!!

I blame Kubiak/Smith for Jacoby more than anyone. It took them way too long to see what the rest of us saw. And let's not forget that Kubiak/Smith decided to pay Jacoby over Leach, which led to Leach leaving. Massive mistake.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012   #78
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Booing is part of the game, it's part of the business. Nothing like a little heckling to see if we can get under his skin. He was the best part of their game today, but didn't mean I wasn't going to try to disrupt it.

It's not personal it's a game.
I agree. I wanted sooo bad to see Jacoby screw up. If it was a result of thin skin, that would have been perfect. Face it.. Jacoby will mess up when pressing. Booing him could have resulted in him pressing.

Whether you find it classy or not... it's an entitlement that any fan has. Boo who you don't like at a game. Could you imagine the boos that would be offered if Rosenfels strutted out on the field?

Wait till next game when Mario comes to town. :-) I have a feeling that'll be

REALLY CLASSY
Old 10-22-2012   #79
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 108383 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Call me classless, or whatever. I booed the hell out him every time he touched the ball.

Same thing will go for Mario, see Texan Bill's sig for my reasoning.

Quote:
"Judgement Day November 4th!!"
Signed,
Marion Williams

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012   #80
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Please don't ever put JJ's name and Rocky Balboa's name in the same sentence ever again. That was arguably the best trios of all time having 4 to5 great films with great characters that displayed greatness. JJ is nothing but a typical NFL cat with some talent that will never achieve what he is capable of.
LOL @ taking exception to the Rocky reference

I think instead of saying I am a fan, I should have said I was a fan and my rationale of why I rooted for him may be better received. I certainly didn't anticipate anyone confusing my thinking Jacoby ever lived up to the greatness of the fictional character I compared him to... Although, didn't the Italian Stallion start off as a BUM?

Just for you, I think I can refrain from putting the two in the same sentence. Honestly, after this week, I think we, as Texan fans will finally let Jacoby drift away to never become a Texans Talk forum topic again.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read