Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-19-2012   #41
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 402769 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Return of Jacoby

The change of scenery to the Ravens could end up being a great thing for Jacoby's mindset.

If he's truly a changed player, then this weekend could prove to be dangerous for the Texans. A motivated player trying to prove his worth to his former team can be a dangerous player. The Texans would be wise to keep that in mind.

If he's the same old Jacoby Jones that Houston fans have come to love/hate, then this game could end up well for the Texans as he presses too hard to show us up. In that sort of pressurized situation, the old Jacoby would be sure to make some mistakes that benefits the opposition. For the sake of the Texans, I'm hoping hes' the same old Jacoby Jones.
Old 10-19-2012   #42
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 87188 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

can't wait to boo this guy, costing us a chance at greatness last season......
Old 10-20-2012   #43
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

With how badly our STs have been playing I'm pretty certain Jones is going to do alright returning punts.
Old 10-20-2012   #44
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

So, guess who PFF has graded as the 22nd (out of 108) best WR in the league going into this weekend ..... ?

... 6 spots ahead of Andre.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012   #45
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
I didn't say the coach was the problem. Re-read what I wrote.

I'm sure your dismissive tone makes you feel better about yourself too.
Whatever. You said what I said you said.

Keep spinning though. There never was an article, and whatever you heard on a radio was pure speculation or gossip. Save that stuff and just talk real talk, please.
Old 10-20-2012   #46
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
So, guess who PFF has graded as the 22nd (out of 108) best WR in the league going into this weekend ..... ?

... 6 spots ahead of Andre.
Jacoby has had a good year so far. No one will sit here and argue that at all. If it has truly clicked with him then there's no reason why he can't continue to play well. But we all know that this could turn into fools good and he'll pop up as a turd once again when this chips are all out on the table.

Andre on the other hand is capable of playing much better and I'm sure he'd even admit that. I'd love to see those grades at the end of the year.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012   #47
Daravenator
Veteran

Rep Power: 3744 Daravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Jacoby has had a good year so far. No one will sit here and argue that at all. If it has truly clicked with him then there's no reason why he can't continue to play well. But we all know that this could turn into fools good and he'll pop up as a turd once again when this chips are all out on the table.

Andre on the other hand is capable of playing much better and I'm sure he'd even admit that. I'd love to see those grades at the end of the year.
That is true; it is also true that every now and again a change in scenery makes for a long-lasting difference. Maybe the Ravens coaches have bee able to get him to stop focusing on his past failures and to start concentrating on what got him into the NFL in the first place. Hard to say. And maybe at some point Jacoby will lay a big turd on the turf. But right now, he's paying huge dividends.
Daravenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-20-2012   #48
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daravenator View Post
That is true; it is also true that every now and again a change in scenery makes for a long-lasting difference. Maybe the Ravens coaches have bee able to get him to stop focusing on his past failures and to start concentrating on what got him into the NFL in the first place. Hard to say. And maybe at some point Jacoby will lay a big turd on the turf. But right now, he's paying huge dividends.
I just said that it is possible that it has clicked and if so there's no reason he can't continue to play well so not sure what you're trying to make a point against.

We've just seen this same movie over and over here in Houston so it would surprise absolutely no one if he finds ways to lose games for the Ravens at some point this year. I'm not saying it's gonna happen, but I won't be falling out of my seat shocked if it does. Jacoby doesn't have my respect as a player because he was a knucklehead who cheated himself and the team by failing to commit 100 percent to the game. As opposed to Leach and Pollard I hope Jacoby falls flat on his face in Baltimore.
Old 10-20-2012   #49
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 23098 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Whatever. You said what I said you said.

Keep spinning though. There never was an article, and whatever you heard on a radio was pure speculation or gossip. Save that stuff and just talk real talk, please.
Whatever? Weak response...unless your 14.

What I said was I had read, then I said maybe I heard it- t point was I was asking for input into that thought process that the idea was Jacoby was put under pressure by Kubiak and I asked for peoples thoughts- that is all. No one else had a problem with the question and the thought process- only you.

But you can stay the Internet tough guy.
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012   #50
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 12424 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'll argue it. He's been Ok. He hasn't been good.

He's 99th in receiving yards. 140th in receptions.

On the plus side he's 37th in yards per catch.

You can't be 'good' with only 2 catches a game.
noxiousdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012   #51
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxiousdog View Post
I'll argue it. He's been Ok. He hasn't been good.

He's 99th in receiving yards. 140th in receptions.

On the plus side he's 37th in yards per catch.

You can't be 'good' with only 2 catches a game.
Considering he's their third receiver and probably 5th option because of Pitta and Rice I'd say he's been good. Stats don't always tell the whole story. Factor in his Kickoff return for a TD and it adds to his resume. I wish he was terrible there, but for the role he's asked to play for them he's been good.
Old 10-20-2012   #52
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Realizing he was villified in Houston, I was pleasantly surprised by Jacoby and the presence he brings to the Ravens offense- he matches up well with Torrey Smith on the outside and his returns have been a pleasant surprise.

So far he has been a definite positive for the Ravens. I read somewhere he was under so much pressure by Kubiak to perform; Kub;s would berate him daily in practice, etc., but here has thrived in a positive environment.

Your thoughts?
Quote:
Whatever? Weak response...unless your 14.

What I said was I had read, then I said maybe I heard it- t point was I was asking for input into that thought process that the idea was Jacoby was put under pressure by Kubiak and I asked for peoples thoughts- that is all. No one else had a problem with the question and the thought process- only you.

But you can stay the Internet tough guy.
Stop name-calling and just own up to your ORIGINAL POST in this thread, which was this:

Quote:
Realizing he was villified in Houston, I was pleasantly surprised by Jacoby and the presence he brings to the Ravens offense- he matches up well with Torrey Smith on the outside and his returns have been a pleasant surprise.

So far he has been a definite positive for the Ravens. I read somewhere he was under so much pressure by Kubiak to perform; Kub;s would berate him daily in practice, etc., but here has thrived in a positive environment.

Your thoughts?
So let me do a 14-year-old'ish breakdown of your post:

1. "Realizing he was vilified in Houston..."

Seriously? Vilified? Come on, man. You don't open up as a visitor here and say that to us. We had high hopes for the guy, he was not worthy of being here for the five years he was here, but it is what it is at the end of the day. When your "electric" WR has short circuits at all the wrong times and in the most needed situations, yeah we get upset at it. But he wasn't vilified. You started off poorly.

2. "I read somewhere..."

Look, Ravens fan, you're the one who claimed an article is out there where it is a reported fact that he was chewed on and berated by Kubiak. Not me. YOU. You laid it out there, and then you cam back and said "Well, maybe I heard it on the radio...not sure." Yeah, what-the-eff-ever, bro. You are just talking out of your butt at this point, IMO. That was mistake number two.

3. "But here he has thrived in a positive environment."

So you basically track back to #1 where you scapegoat the Texans (specifically the coach, Gary Kubiak). What an incredibly irrational thing to say here. So again you're just acting like your precious Ravens were able to draw out of Jacoby Jones what we couldn't. Pffft. You don't listen very well or you'd remember that we state over and over that the guy has a history of making big plays and then sort of negating those good things by botching plays in a horrific way down the line. His ratio of great plays to bumbling plays is not optimal or he'd be here. Which, in a way, you're implying that we should have held onto him or coached him better. LOL.

So again, nice job of coming in here and putting your spin on things. You wanted our thoughts, and when we gave them to you you're getting pensive over it. And you're recanting things, changing y our story on what you read...err, I mean what you "heard"...errrr, I mean "yeah, well you're 14!"

I didn't want to have to break your post down for you, but someone had to put the telestrator to work and draw out the X's and O's of how you botched the play...just like Jacoby Jones. Seems it's an epidemic or something
Old 10-21-2012   #53
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 23098 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

vil·i·fy (vl-f)
tr.v. vil·i·fied, vil·i·fy·ing, vil·i·fies
To make vicious and defamatory statements about

I am pretty sure that, while JJ did not live up to the promise and draft status that some Texans fans placed upon him, there were some fans who wrote 'vicious and defamatory statements' about him in past threads and aposts- therefore my use of the word.

Whether I read it or heard it, is inconsequential: I asked for feedback on it. Yet you seem to fail to understand that I asked a question. And again, other posters had no problem answering or providing their thoughts.

JJ's 'thriving in a positive environment' is directed more as in a general statement of the organization and the fans NOT indrectly placing too much pressure on JJ. I didn't say that the Texans Coaches failed on JJ; I didn't say they quit on him. Whatever you think I "implied" is on YOU- I'm pretty straight forward; no need to look deep into what I write like you have.

Namecalling? Seriously? I guess the PM's I got about you from other Texan fans were correct- don't get all butt-hurt because I called you an "Internet Tough Guy" (which is the way you come off)= if that hurt your feelings then you shouldn't post on a message board.
Old 10-21-2012   #54
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
Considering he's their third receiver and probably 5th option because of Pitta and Rice I'd say he's been good. Stats don't always tell the whole story. Factor in his Kickoff return for a TD and it adds to his resume. I wish he was terrible there, but for the role he's asked to play for them he's been good.
He's been exactly what you described- a pleasant 3rd or 4th option in the passing game and a welcome addition on returns.
Old 10-21-2012   #55
Lucky

Rep Power: 213963 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Jacoby was a nightmare for the Texans, but he's doing well for the Ravens.
Jacoby is having almost the exact same season in Baltimore that he had in Houston in 2011. About 2 catches a game at 16 ypc, with a return TD. Why wouldn't Raven fans be happy with that from their #3 WR?

Jones would still be a Texan had he not muffed the punt in Baltimore. Unless he muffed a punt in Foxboro the following week. We could play the "what if" games all day. My feeling is that at times Jacoby will press and try too hard. Like trying to replace Andre. Or make a big play in a playoff game when it isn't there. That's when the mistakes happen. Today could be one of those games where Jones tries to do too much. To show Houston that they made a mistake. Could be the difference in a tight game.
Old 10-21-2012   #56
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5860 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Jacoby had the unfortunate occurrence of a bad play at a critical time. He was treated pretty poorly by so-called fans after that game, so his departure was a blessing for him.

I'm glad that he got another contract, was picked up by a competitive AFC team, and is seeing some success this year. He botched a play last year, but he didn't deserve the backlash he got after that game.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #57
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
vil·i·fy (vl-f)
tr.v. vil·i·fied, vil·i·fy·ing, vil·i·fies
To make vicious and defamatory statements about

I am pretty sure that, while JJ did not live up to the promise and draft status that some Texans fans placed upon him, there were some fans who wrote 'vicious and defamatory statements' about him in past threads and aposts- therefore my use of the word.

Whether I read it or heard it, is inconsequential: I asked for feedback on it. Yet you seem to fail to understand that I asked a question. And again, other posters had no problem answering or providing their thoughts.

JJ's 'thriving in a positive environment' is directed more as in a general statement of the organization and the fans NOT indrectly placing too much pressure on JJ. I didn't say that the Texans Coaches failed on JJ; I didn't say they quit on him. Whatever you think I "implied" is on YOU- I'm pretty straight forward; no need to look deep into what I write like you have.

Namecalling? Seriously? I guess the PM's I got about you from other Texan fans were correct- don't get all butt-hurt because I called you an "Internet Tough Guy" (which is the way you come off)= if that hurt your feelings then you shouldn't post on a message board.
I offered my thoughts like the other posters did. But you began your post with accusations and finger pointing.

You started out being the Internet tough guy by putting our HC and our organization on full blast by accusing us, in our own house nonetheless, of vilifying JJ and that he was prospering in a more "positive environment."

You were all cheery and giggles until I called you on your B.S., and so you started the name calling by saying I am a 14-year-old. Please please PLEASE show me any of my posts to you where I name-called you prior to you rolling out the weak sauce "You're a 14-year-old" comment.

You got flustered, you fumbled the ball, it's OK. It happens.

Don't sit there and act better. Your OP was awful, in my opinion. Some sugar sandwiched on each end by some B.S. gossip at the start and at the finish...which is very 14-year-old'ish, btw. Just own up to your spin, that's all you had to do. Don't down my team to me and expect I won't say something.

And as for the PM's you received, well that shows the maturity level of those posters. 14-year-olds pass notes in class, so it's no skin off my back.
Old 10-21-2012   #58
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I took care of JJ by picking him up for fantasy football this week ... Bwahahaha ! He's doomed today .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #59
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I offered my thoughts like the other posters did. But you began your post with accusations and finger pointing.

You started out being the Internet tough guy by putting our HC and our organization on full blast by accusing us, in our own house nonetheless, of vilifying JJ and that he was prospering in a more "positive environment."

You were all cheery and giggles until I called you on your B.S., and so you started the name calling by saying I am a 14-year-old. Please please PLEASE show me any of my posts to you where I name-called you prior to you rolling out the weak sauce "You're a 14-year-old" comment.

You got flustered, you fumbled the ball, it's OK. It happens.

Don't sit there and act better. Your OP was awful, in my opinion. Some sugar sandwiched on each end by some B.S. gossip at the start and at the finish...which is very 14-year-old'ish, btw. Just own up to your spin, that's all you had to do. Don't down my team to me and expect I won't say something.

And as for the PM's you received, well that shows the maturity level of those posters. 14-year-olds pass notes in class, so it's no skin off my back.
I really hope that someday you'll understand but until then, have a great day and good luck!
Old 10-21-2012   #60
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I really hope that someday you'll understand but until then, have a great day and good luck!
JJ got drafted in the 3rd round out of tiny Lane College . The Texans and JJ had a relationship of the wild charming son and the dad ( Kubiak ) who tried to tame him . JJ was given the chance to be the man when AJ got hurt last year and didn't produce . If he's doing great then more power to him .

ps. His biggest issue is his hands are so small that he can't palm a WNBA basketball . He measured 7.5 inches from the tip of the pinkie to the tip of the thumb .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read