Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-16-2012   #1
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ravens injuries

Ray Lewis out for the year (torn pectoral) Ladarius Webb is out for the year (torn left ACL) Suggs still out and should be coming off the PUP this week. I really wanted to see all the teams at full strength when we play them but that never happens in the NFL. Jacoby Jones is Healthy and is coming to town to show us what we are missing..haha
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012   #2
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ravens injuries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubecool454 View Post
Ray Lewis out for the year (torn pectoral) Ladarius Webb is out for the year (torn left ACL) Suggs still out and should be coming off the PUP this week. I really wanted to see all the teams at full strength when we play them but that never happens in the NFL. Jacoby Jones is Healthy and is coming to town to show us what we are missing..haha
Damn that's a huge blow with Webb. From "sprained knee" to torn acl? Yeesh. Plus Lewis and the leadership he brings, they'll still be a very tough task though. It's not like we faced all of GB's starters when we were blown out.
Old 10-16-2012   #3
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
Damn that's a huge blow with Webb. From "sprained knee" to torn acl? Yeesh. Plus Lewis and the leadership he brings, they'll still be a very tough task though. It's not like we faced all of GB's starters when we were blown out.

They still had the league MVP on their team.
Old 10-17-2012   #4
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

he we both lost our ILB leaders ...... Cushing and Lewis
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012   #5
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 73838 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubecool454 View Post
I really wanted to see all the teams at full strength when we play them but that never happens in the NFL.
Interesting you say this, I don't. I'm happy to gobble up second and third stringers if it gets us the W.

Here's to more injuries that cost opponents games against the Texans, without costing the players their careers cause footballers kids gotta eat you know.
Old 10-17-2012   #6
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 89551 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

the scariest player to me is one not mentioned - ed reed. they're not the same defense without suggs, and now missing 3 more superstars should be crippling, but that centerfielder can still turn a walk in the park into a nightmare.

the ravens offense is finally clicking, so we have to take advantage of their beef on defense being out and run for 300 yards. run, run, run, punt if we must - but hammer it all day.
Old 10-17-2012   #7
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 73838 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
the scariest player to me is one not mentioned - ed reed. they're not the same defense without suggs, and now missing 3 more superstars should be crippling, but that centerfielder can still turn a walk in the park into a nightmare.

the ravens offense is finally clicking, so we have to take advantage of their beef on defense being out and run for 300 yards. run, run, run, punt if we must - but hammer it all day.
Not sure we throw the ball downfield far enough for Reed to be a threat.
Old 10-17-2012   #8
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Hiloti Ngata is also injured with a sprained medial collateral ligament in his right knee and an injured right shoulder. Not certain on his status for this Sunday yet, but he was not in practice today.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...,2190797.story

Quote:
Ravens Pro Bowl defensive tackle Haloti Ngata has minor medial collateral damage in his right knee, a sprained knee, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.

The source characterized the injury as a "tweak," and Ngata is expected to play Sunday against the Houston Texans at Reliant Stadium.
This year, I sprained my MCL and had a bone bruise, while hiking the AT in Maine, which is the toughest part. As a result of being in a remote section, I was forced to only consider hiking out. I really couldn't bear much weight on the knee, when hiking UP or Down. On flat ground, it was pretty stable, but I was simply focused on moving in a straight line and not jarring the knee while stepping out. I can't imagine weighing another 100 lbs and playing football on it. YIKES! I would imagine if Hiloti does play, he won't require a double team.
Old 10-17-2012   #9
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 89551 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

ed reed might also be on the injury report with potentially a torn shoulder.
Old 10-17-2012   #10
bshep86
Rookie

Section: M&T Bank Stadium
Rep Power: 1052 bshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
ed reed might also be on the injury report with potentially a torn shoulder.
Myself and a few goal keepers I know had this same injury and surgery to fix it. This is what I know about a torn labrum:

Its inevitably going to subluxate at different points while playing and doing routine things in everyday life, you usually loose feeling in the arm for a little bit, but it's an injury you can play through. The more it subluxates, the longer it will take you to recover, but the recovering from SLAP surgery is general 1 months of rest, 1 month of light lifting, and 4 months of strengthening. If he was a pitcher, it would be a different story, but overall it's something Ed Reed can play through.
Old 10-17-2012   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't we have a number of threads with Raven injuries???

I'm sure they're fans are as apathetic towards our injuries as we are their's, (and BTW don't we have a few of our own), no??

BTW, we had Ravens fans that visited us in BLUE CREW last year and they had a great time and were really great to tailgate with!!
Old 10-17-2012   #12
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 40560 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ed Reed has a labrum tear in shoulder
Old 10-17-2012   #13
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

So, I hear there may be some injuries to key components of our next opponent. Anyone got any information on this?
Old 10-17-2012   #14
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

Don't we have a number of threads with Raven injuries???

I'm sure they're fans are as apathetic towards our injuries as we are their's, (and BTW don't we have a few of our own), no??

BTW, we had Ravens fans that visited us in BLUE CREW last year and they had a great time and were really great to tailgate with!!
Good points. Besides, shouldn't we kind of dampen the significance of their injuries a bit considering how the last two games have gone for the Texans (against opponents with injury problems)?
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012   #15
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshep86 View Post
Myself and a few goal keepers I know had this same injury and surgery to fix it. This is what I know about a torn labrum:

Its inevitably going to subluxate at different points while playing and doing routine things in everyday life, you usually loose feeling in the arm for a little bit, but it's an injury you can play through. The more it subluxates, the longer it will take you to recover, but the recovering from SLAP surgery is general 1 months of rest, 1 month of light lifting, and 4 months of strengthening. If he was a pitcher, it would be a different story, but overall it's something Ed Reed can play through.
You're right, he can play through it. BUT, if it is a significant torn labrum, he might be able to play through the pain and pursue and tackle, but he will have a significant limitation of range of motion of his shoulder, particularly raising his arm above his head. If our QB favors high throws this game, Reed may end up looking like a rookie.........an unprepared rookie. And don't expect him to go out of his way for "unnecessary" contact.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012   #16
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Over on the Ravens board there is a thread suggesting that Reed may be injured also...... we can only hope.
Old 10-18-2012   #17
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Over on the Ravens board there is a thread suggesting that Reed may be injured also...... we can only hope.
Labrum tear, from Reed himself.. LINK
Old 10-18-2012   #18
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
Ed Reed has a labrum tear in shoulder
He's been playing with it all season, it won't affect him. This isn't pee-wee football kids, this is the NFL. Ed Reed is still a very dangerous safety.
Old 10-18-2012   #19
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail.Blazr View Post
Hiloti Ngata is also injured with a sprained medial collateral ligament in his right knee and an injured right shoulder. Not certain on his status for this Sunday yet, but he was not in practice today.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...,2190797.story

This year, I sprained my MCL and had a bone bruise, while hiking the AT in Maine, which is the toughest part. As a result of being in a remote section, I was forced to only consider hiking out. I really couldn't bear much weight on the knee, when hiking UP or Down. On flat ground, it was pretty stable, but I was simply focused on moving in a straight line and not jarring the knee while stepping out. I can't imagine weighing another 100 lbs and playing football on it. YIKES! I would imagine if Hiloti does play, he won't require a double team.
Haloti will play.
Old 10-18-2012   #20
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

is it just me or does T sizzle look fatter looks like he put on at least 30 pounds of fat LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read