Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-16-2012   #1
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Eagles Fire Castillo

This was a dumb move to begin with, imo. I expect Reid to be fired at the end of the season if the Eagles don't get right. Castillo was his choice. Mike Vick was his choice. Very telling if you ask me

Quote:
The Philadelphia Eagles have fired defensive coordinator Juan Castillo and promoted secondary coach Todd Bowles into the position, the team announced Tuesday.
Quote:
Castillo was named the Eagles' defensive coordinator last season, prompting criticism for Reid because Castillo had been the team's offensive line coach. The defense struggled early last season and didn't begin to jell until late in Philadelphia's disappointing 8-8 season.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/85...delphia-eagles
Old 10-16-2012   #2
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Eagles Fire Castillo

Andy scrambling to save his job....that offense is atrocious and the qb play.... Guess who's responsible for that side of the ball Andy?
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012   #3
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Eagles need to fire whoever made Michael Vick's hands so small.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012   #4
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 127449 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

As a Cowboys fan this makes me sad.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012   #5
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109428 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

There is no way Lurie can let the Reid regime go beyond this year. The Titans finally threw in the towel on Fisher, its time for the Eagles to do the same.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012   #6
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
There is no way Lurie can let the Reid regime go beyond this year. The Titans finally threw in the towel on Fisher, its time for the Eagles to do the same.
He's had a great run, but unless the Eagles somehow turn it around and fix their problems, I don't think he'll be there next year. Michael Vick was great in 2010. Since then he's been a below average QB. Maybe Nick Foles can step in and save his job, but he's a rookie QB drafted in the 3rd round. He's probably not ready.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012   #7
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Hiring an offensive line coach to be your defensive coordinator is a bad idea? Who knew?

I really do wonder who will be the next coach in Philly. Gruden, Cowher, Holmgren? Dare I say... Wade Phillips? I dunno, but they have a ton of talent to work with, it's a much more attractive situation than the other dumpster fires around the league that will be open.
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-16-2012   #8
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, I thought they fired him after last season.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012   #9
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 42567 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Why didn't they just demote him back to OL coach? They still need help there.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012   #10
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

We are only 'bout a third of the way into the regular season and the Eagles are just one game behind the Div-leading Giants, so no telling at this point what's gonna transpire before the end of the year ? However that for sure was a big loss for Philly Sunday at home to the Lions.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012   #11
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Sounds like scapegoat is being cooked in Philly.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012   #12
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Puzzling move to begin with.

I agree with others that barring a big time turn around I don't see Reid going past this year, this team always seems to make big FA moves and has a ton of roster talent and for them to be struggling like they have been should be something Reid is held accountable for.

NFC East is going to be VERY interesting next year because I think Garrett's tenure is up in Dallas as well. Philly and Dallas will likely be vying for a top coaching name.

I am sure both will make runs at Cowher and luring Gruden out of the booth. I do think it'd be fun to see Reid hired on as OC in Dallas.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012   #13
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Puzzling move to begin with.

I agree with others that barring a big time turn around I don't see Reid going past this year, this team always seems to make big FA moves and has a ton of roster talent and for them to be struggling like they have been should be something Reid is held accountable for.

NFC East is going to be VERY interesting next year because I think Garrett's tenure is up in Dallas as well. Philly and Dallas will likely be vying for a top coaching name.

I am sure both will make runs at Cowher and luring Gruden out of the booth. I do think it'd be fun to see Reid hired on as OC in Dallas.
Will Jerry Jones' ego let him make a big hire? A coach like Cowher or Gruden would probably want control of the front office. I doubt Jerry Jones gives that up.

It would be interesting to see Cowher coaching at Philly. I wonder how Steelers fans would feel about him coaching the other team in Pennsylvania?

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012   #14
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Will Jerry Jones' ego let him make a big hire? A coach like Cowher or Gruden would probably want control of the front office. I doubt Jerry Jones gives that up.
JJ hired Bill Parcells not too long ago so it isn't out of the realm at all. Gruden doesn't have the stroke to demand full control.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read