Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-02-2005   #41
LikeABoss
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 LikeABoss seems to be losing the respect of his peers

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
No but he already has 2 strikes and if the NFL considers this his 3rd he will be serving a one year suspension...
The NFL will wait to see what the judicial system says about this. They are going to court over this matter.
Old 06-02-2005   #42
TexansRockMySocks
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss

First of all Domanick Davis caught 68 passes which puts him second behind Andre in catches.

2nd of all, this dude will not be spending anytime in jail, especially over a D.U.I. The most he can recieve is some community service. You talking like this dude just murdered someone or something
Before you start smarting off lets see. You kind of walked yourself into this one. You just said this team needs another reciever capable of 70 catches. Well When DD is not running or blocking he is just that, a reciever. And had 68 catches, pretty much almost 70, and less drops too. So As long as we are getting the ball to someone and moving the chains im fine. Moran Norris could have 68 receptions for all i care, because we are still producing. And as for the jail part, in a short time in this league he has already found himself in trouble with the law on multiple occasions. If this continues, you know he will end up in jail. And he was suspended for 4 games last yr, and his behavior hasnt improved any so how do we know he won't be suspended again?
TexansRockMySocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005   #43
DRIFTAWAY
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansRockMySocks
Before you start smarting off lets see. You kind of walked yourself into this one. You just said this team needs another reciever capable of 70 catches. Well When DD is not running or blocking he is just that, a reciever. And had 68 catches, pretty much almost 70, and less drops too. So As long as we are getting the ball to someone and moving the chains im fine. Moran Norris could have 68 receptions for all i care, because we are still producing. And as for the jail part, in a short time in this league he has already found himself in trouble with the law on multiple occasions. If this continues, you know he will end up in jail. And he was suspended for 4 games last yr, and his behavior hasnt improved any so how do we know he won't be suspended again?
and SOCKS hits again. I def. like this kid
Most Improved- Juwan Howard
DRIFTAWAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005   #44
LikeABoss
All Pro

Quote:
Please tell me what team in the NFL want's it's RB to be second on the team in catches?

I really would like to hear this one.
Old 06-02-2005   #45
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 82308 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I could care less how many passes it took them to reach 70 catches. Tell me who caught over 70 passes for this team besides Andre?

When your RB is second to your primary WR in catches, that say's alot about the WR's that's behind the primary WR. They can't get open.
Wow! If we're talking about the hands of a WR and you don't care how many passes it takes him to catch 70 balls, I'm not sure there's really any point in continuing this discussion...... But, what the heck.

What Gaffney and Bradford's catch total indicate is that we're not coached by one of these West Coast egomaniacs who are out to prove their genius by throw 30 passes a game to their wideouts despite any concern for whether it's an effective way to win games. That joke of a coach in Seattle is still trying to convince the world how smart he is. Carr simply doesn't throw as many passes a game period. Furthermore, and by design, a fewer percentage of his throws go to WRs. Finally, in our offensive system, the passes intended for WRs are lower percentage passes than most of the passes intended for WRs in Seattle. The reason why Davis catches a 3 yard dumpoff and runs 6 yards before he gets touched is because all the WRs have run deep and intermediate routes and left the underneath stuff clear and open. The West Coast system sends WRs on a lot of short crosses and slants (much higher percentage passes).
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005   #46
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Please tell me what team in the NFL want's it's RB to be second on the team in catches?

The NFC champion Philadelphia Eagles...
D-ReK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005   #47
LikeABoss
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy
Wow! If we're talking about the hands of a WR and you don't care how many passes it takes him to catch 70 balls, I'm not sure there's really any point in continuing this discussion...... But, what the heck.

What Gaffney and Bradford's catch total indicate is that we're not coached by one of these West Coast egomaniacs who are out to prove their genius by throw 30 passes a game to their wideouts despite any concern for whether it's an effective way to win games. That joke of a coach in Seattle is still trying to convince the world how smart he is. Carr simply doesn't throw as many passes a game period. Furthermore, and by design, a fewer percentage of his throws go to WRs. Finally, in our offensive system, the passes intended for WRs are lower percentage passes than most of the passes intended for WRs in Seattle. The reason why Davis catches a 3 yard dumpoff and runs 6 yards before he gets touched is because all the WRs have run deep and intermediate routes and left the underneath stuff clear and open. The West Coast system sends WRs on a lot of short crosses and slants (much higher percentage passes).
That joke of a coach has won a Super Bowl. How can he be a joke?
Old 06-02-2005   #48
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82308 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

A team will a ball-control philosophy and a RB with good hands that is hopefully a threat in the open field.

Roger Craig may have been 2nd on the 49ers in catches a couple of times. Marshall Faulk, Emmitt Smith, Ladanian Tomlinson, Bill Parcell's coached RBs are all examples of RBs on good teams who are used as a focal point for their passing game.
Old 06-02-2005   #49
TexansRockMySocks
Rookie

Quote:

Well we don't want our RB to be 2nd on the team in receptions, but givin our certain circumstances(O-Line ) we're makin the best of it and making something happen. Now please tell me something:

Which would you rather have:
Scenario #1- Texans sign Robinson(taking money away maybe from a potential Shelton signing) and when AJ is covered Carr looks to get it to a reciever farther then DD, chances of Carr getting sacked go up.

Scenario #2- Carr does his usual running around from the O-line and still manages to dump it off to DD when AJ is covered.

Which do you prefer?

Our other recievers will get their receptions when Carr gets protection and enough time to find them. If we bring in Koren, Carr still has no protection and not enough time to get it to him.
Old 06-02-2005   #50
LikeABoss
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK
The NFC champion Philadelphia Eagles...
You do know this team is still trying to add a solid 2nd WR to the roster right?

So they don't fully intend on Westbrook being 2nd on the team in catches.

It's something that just happens.
Old 06-02-2005   #51
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
That joke of a coach has won a Super Bowl. How can he be a joke?

BARRY SWITZER
Old 06-02-2005   #52
LikeABoss
All Pro

Quote:
Well we don't want our RB to be 2nd on the team in receptions, but givin our certain circumstances(O-Line ) we're makin the best of it and making something happen. Now please tell me something:

Which would you rather have:
Scenario #1- Texans sign Robinson(taking money away maybe from a potential Shelton signing) and when AJ is covered Carr looks to get it to a reciever farther then DD, chances of Carr getting sacked go up.

Scenario #2- Carr does his usual running around from the O-line and still manages to dump it off to DD when AJ is covered.

Which do you prefer?

Our other recievers will get their receptions when Carr gets protection and enough time to find them. If we bring in Koren, Carr still has no protection and not enough time to get it to him.
It doesn't look like Shelton is going to be a Texan. You should just move on.
Old 06-02-2005   #53
LikeABoss
All Pro

Quote:
BARRY SWITZER
Barry still won a Super Bowl though
Old 06-02-2005   #54
TexansRockMySocks
Rookie

Ok but on another note, you've still failed to answer which scenario you would prefer. And you are still missing the main message bolded there on the bottom.
Old 06-02-2005   #55
LikeABoss
All Pro

Quote:
A team will a ball-control philosophy and a RB with good hands that is hopefully a threat in the open field.

Roger Craig may have been 2nd on the 49ers in catches a couple of times. Marshall Faulk, Emmitt Smith, Ladanian Tomlinson, Bill Parcell's coached RBs are all examples of RBs on good teams who are used as a focal point for their passing game.
I don't mind Davis being apart of the passing game, I applaud it.

But I still believe that this team needs a solid #2 WR and it shouldn't be the RB.
Old 06-02-2005   #56
TexansRockMySocks
Rookie

Quote:
You do know this team is still trying to add a solid 2nd WR to the roster right?

So they don't fully intend on Westbrook being 2nd on the team in catches.

It's something that just happens.
key word- solid Wr, if Koren is a solid WR explain why he was cut?
Old 06-02-2005   #57
Davis37
All Pro

Quote:

Man, ya'll dudes are living in some serious denial man.

Believe what you want, I'm not gon sit up here and debate this all night
Maybe u should quit contradicting urself and move on also...
Old 06-02-2005   #58
LikeABoss
All Pro

Quote:
Ok but on another note, you've still failed to answer which scenario you would prefer. And you are still missing the main message bolded there on the bottom.
I feel Andre and Davis are the only players that can get open on a consistent basis. You seriously can't believe throughout the Texan's entire existance in the NFL, that Carr has never had to time to look through all of his progressions then dump it down to his checkoff in the flat?
Old 06-02-2005   #59
LikeABoss
All Pro

Quote:
key word- solid Wr, if Koren is a solid WR explain why he was cut?
Cause the organization was tired of his acts, it wasn't because he was not productive.
Old 06-02-2005   #60
LikeABoss
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis37
Maybe u should quit contradicting urself and move on also...
Now you are just pulling stuff out your rear end.

I'm through debating with you

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read