Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Won't have to deal with Ray Lewis

Probably not going to make much of a difference. GB was without half their players and they still crushed us.

That's all the talk right now in Baltimore. The last 20 posts I've seen on facebook have all been about Lewis and Webb. It's now the biggest news story around here.

The only thing is, last year when Lewis missed a few games, the defense actually stopped the ball better than when he played. From what I've seen he's is more of a detriment to them on the field.

A nasty team like the Ravens is always a danger to a team like the Texans, with or without Lewis.

I'm a bit concerned that Rice runs 200+ yards right up the middle of our D next Sunday. And if our offense can't produce, next Monday will not be a fun day at Texans Talk.

I'd rather play Lewis than his backup, he'll be in the HOF but his career as an
NFL LB has been on the downside for years, sliding down faster and faster
as each year passes by.

He had 14 tackles against Dallas.

Yeah, but I watched that game and he might've had one nice one at the LOS. The rest were down field. He's easily moved out of running lanes now. I know he tried to get quicker by losing weight too, but it simply wasn't working. IMO, Ellerbe's the better player at this point in their careers. Like said above, nothing bigger than the loss of Webb

I hope he doesn't go out and stabs someone to death.

Pretty tacky thing to say. Ray has never been a thug, nor has he ever been linked to any other type of violent crimes. He wasn't even the guy that stabbed the guy who died either. As far as I'm concerned Ray Lewis has displayed maturity and shown nothing but attributes that are positive throughout his career other then that murder incident in which he was exonerated for.

I wish Ray the best, and I hope he doesn't retire.

It's bad kharma to celibrate other teams injuries. No good will come of this thread.

But it was started by a Tacks fan, so that should get us off the hook. (Although I agree that opponents injuries shouldn't be celebrated).

edit: Apologies - I see Dutch beat me to this point.

A nasty team like the Ravens is always a danger to a team like the Texans, with or without Lewis.

I'm a bit concerned that Rice runs 200+ yards right up the middle of our D next Sunday. And if our offense can't produce, next Monday will not be a fun day at Texans Talk.

I think you can go ahead and put a fork in them. Ray is still playing at a very high level. The bigger problem they now have though is that his leadership is gone. Ray has been the heart and soul of that defense for years and years. Suggs was already gone, and now their leader has gone down. Ray Lewis is the Ravens. They might still make the playoffs, but I no longer consider them a contender at all.

Ray is the heart and soul of their defense, if not their whole team, even moreso than Cush is for us.

This is a big blow for them.

I think you can go ahead and put a fork in them. Ray is still playing at a very high level. The bigger problem they now have though is that his leadership is gone. Ray has been the heart and soul of that defense for years and years. Suggs was already gone, and now their leader has gone down. Ray Lewis is the Ravens. They might still make the playoffs, but I no longer consider them a contender at all.

I agree completely.

However, we are talking about the Texans here, and we know that they are perfectly capable of playing down to anyone's level. ;)

Pretty tacky thing to say. Ray has never been a thug, nor has he ever been linked to any other type of violent crimes. He wasn't even the guy that stabbed the guy who died either. As far as I'm concerned Ray Lewis has displayed maturity and shown nothing but attributes that are positive throughout his career other then that murder incident in which he was exonerated for.

Did you see the NFLN program "A Football Life" a couple of weeks ago about Ray Lewis?

It was simply awesome. I've liked the guy for a long time, and that program just cemented what I already thought about him. If you have not seen it, make a point to find it as a fan of Ray. You will not be disappointed.

Did you see the NFLN program "A Football Life" a couple of weeks ago about Ray Lewis?

It was simply awesome. I've liked the guy for a long time, and that program just cemented what I already thought about him. If you have not seen it, make a point to find it as a fan of Ray. You will not be disappointed.

Folks in the public eye are seldom what the public thinks they are. And that goes both ways. LOL

Ray is one of my favorite non-Texan players, and it's a shame that his career might end like this.
Yeah, hate to see Ray go down. Better for our best to face their best ..... better for both teams to be at full strength in prospective Super Bowl years to beat shat out of the NFC.

Folks in the public eye are seldom what the public thinks they are. And that goes both ways. LOL

The cool thing about the one on Lewis was that cameras followed his life for a year, so a lot of it was about off-the-field aspects of his life. It was great seeing this monster LB as a father and community leader. Dude is certainly making the most of his celebrity status to inspire others in positive ways. Much respect for him in that regard.

I guess so. You're right he was cleared of all charges in his murder trial. Buy he settled with the family of the victims. Just like Michael Jackson but I'm sure that's only a coincidence.

I have been wanting to see it. I watched his "Beyond The Glory" a long time ago and was already a huge fan, but man the guy just impresses me with his leadership of his family and his teammates not only on the field but even more off the field. He is not some thug or murderer type like some people try to paint him as. He is the epitome of hard work and "sacrifice." I've thoroughly enjoyed his career for a long time now. Best defensive player ever to me.

I guess so. You're right he was cleared of all charges in his murder trial. Buy he settled with the family of the victims. Just like Michael Jackson but I'm sure that's only a coincidence.

From what I understand, it was just some fight that took place outside of a night club. Things like that happen and they can get out of hand real quick. I've been involved in skirmishes here and there. Nothing that major, but I think it was Ray's friends who caused the problems and Ray wouldn't rat them out or something like that. I don't remember all the facts since it has been a long time. I just know that I've never seen a gangster thug type in Ray Lewis. All I've ever seen is a great leader on and off the field. I know that whole ordeal was really bad, but I've never seen any pattern or consistency to suggest that Ray is some bad character. Just my opinion of him.

I have been wanting to see it. I watched his "Beyond The Glory" a long time ago and was already a huge fan, but man the guy just impresses me with his leadership of his family and his teammates not only on the field but even more off the field. He is not some thug or murderer type like some people try to paint him as. He is the epitome of hard work and "sacrifice." I've thoroughly enjoyed his career for a long time now. Best defensive player ever to me.

It's close for me between LT, Singletary and Lewis. I think I still give LT a slight edge just for the way he revolutionized the OLB and edge passer.

From what I understand, it was just some fight that took place outside of a night club. Things like that happen and they can get out of hand real quick. I've been involved in skirmishes here and there. Nothing that major, but I think it was Ray's friends who caused the problems and Ray wouldn't rat them out or something like that. I don't remember all the facts since it has been a long time. I just know that I've never seen a gangster thug type in Ray Lewis. All I've ever seen is a great leader on and off the field. I know that whole ordeal was really bad, but I've never seen any pattern or consistency to suggest that Ray is some bad character. Just my opinion of him.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/news/2000/06/04/lewis_agreement/

The Texans were supposed to beat a Packers team that was without their best RB, their best WR, their all-world NT, a leaky OL, and a poor secondary.

Color me indifferent about us facing a "much depleted" team.

It's close for me between LT, Singletary and Lewis. I think I still give LT a slight edge just for the way he revolutionized the OLB and edge passer.

LT is sort of the only other guy that I'd compare, but I'd take Ray hands down without question. One huge reason being Ray's leadership would trump Taylor's leadership qualities. I've just never seen a guy have so much positive control over his team like Ray has. He brings those young players in from the jump and lays down the law of hard work and respect for the coaching staff and their unit. You never hear about other guys hardly getting into trouble on that defense either hardly. They follow that guy and he has been a spiritual leader to many of them off the field as well.

Taylor on the other hand was a crackhead who could never stay out of trouble. Sure, he never got a murder case, but the stories about Taylor were endless. His escapades with prostitutes and hookers way over the top to the point that Taylor wouldn't even be able to play in today's game in my opinion. He'd have so many failed drug tests and arrests that the media would capture that he'd be suspended over and over. Taylor never set a great example for his teammates. From what I've read he helped to encourage them to get involved in his activities that hurt their team at times. I even heard one story that he came to practice in handcuffs one time with a prostitute or two with him, because he had been playing games with them all night and they couldn't get them off. Lol! I'm still a fan of Taylor and all, but I think Ray's leadership skills play a much bigger role when you look at the entire picture.

The Texans were supposed to beat a Packers team that was without their best RB, their best WR, their all-world NT, a leaky OL, and a poor secondary.

Color me indifferent about us facing a "much depleted" team.

question, if Packers brought their "A" team would Texans have had the same letdown?

Ray still plays with intensity, but has lost a step. Probably hurts more than it helps us. The Ravens D will be playing to win one for the Gipper......

I hate to hear this. I've had a lot of respect for Ray over the years, especially after hearing about his friendship with Foster.

Get well, come back soon Ray.

Funny how so some small minded people still spout the same ol crap about Ray and the fight in 99...look at what transpired and what he has done since then

Is he the same player as 5 years ago? No. 10 years ago? No. But he was still playing at a level few NFL Linebackers ever attain.

His loss will actually improve the defense IMO/

Funny how so some small minded people still spout the same ol crap about Ray and the fight in 99...look at what transpired and what he has done since then

Is he the same player as 5 years ago? No. 10 years ago? No. But he was still playing at a level few NFL Linebackers ever attain.

His loss will actually improve the defense IMO/

You don't lose your best leader on the field and get better...:vincepalm:

You don't lose your best leader on the field and get better...:vincepalm:

You need to watch him play- out of the 14 tackles he had yesterday 13 were 5-7-9 yds downfield.

He doesn't dominate the LOS nor does he dominate the 3 yds in front of it. He can't cover out of the backfield or off the LOS.

IMO he is better as a cheerleader

You need to watch him play- out of the 14 tackles he had yesterday 13 were 5-7-9 yds downfield.

He doesn't dominate the LOS nor does he dominate the 3 yds in front of it. He can't cover out of the backfield or off the LOS.

IMO he is better as a cheerleader

I have no doubt that he's not the same player he was. But Trust me losing him is not going to make your defense better. We had people say that about Cushing, how there wouldn't be much of a drop off.....:gun:

Ray still plays with intensity, but has lost a step. Probably hurts more than it helps us. The Ravens D will be playing to win one for the Gipper......

The Ravens are not going to play better throughout the season without their emotional leader. He tells players where to be, he instills confidence in that entire unit, and he makes that team believe. If Suggs was still healthy, then this wouldn't be quite as bad, because he provides a lot of leadership as well, but without him and Ray? Not happening. This really sucks as a fan of RL.

As for the Texans this is one less contender they have to worry about come post season.

I have no doubt that he's not the same player he was. But Trust me losing him is not going to make your defense better. We had people say that about Cushing, how there wouldn't be much of a drop off.....:gun:

Ray missed 4 games last year- team went 4-0; team improved in ever stat category in those 4 games...

Suggs and Webb are the reall difference makers, not Ray. He just sucks up all the oxygen in the room.....

Back