Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-15-2012   #41
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Baltimore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
I'm just glad to get a 12:00 kickoff Sunday, I hate prime-time games.
I hate the results of our "Prime Time" games but I sure do love sleeping in!!!
Old 10-15-2012   #42
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 116054 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
Absolutely- the conversations never end on the sportsyak...sickening really...

name 1 QB who says in an interview "Ya know Mike and Mike, I really suck and I can't believe people buy my jersey! LOL Laughs on them because I am horrible and will cost you points in fantasy every week! But you'll hang onto me and coaches will play me because I'll have a game where I play lights out, then stink it up"

jacoby's TD return was the Game winner as far as I am concerned...
Yeah but elite QB's dont go to the media and say "Hey Im ELITE!!" He is good but he is not Rodgers, Eli or Brady yet.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #43
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
By AIR or by LAND?
Take your pick
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #44
PandapuffTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 337 PandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFizz View Post
No Lewis/Ngata/Webb = Texans win. That's the guts of there defense. I f our o-line doesn't dominate this game, then we will have some serious concerns
thats why packers felt they didnt know how they beat us...cowboys ran so good agiasnt ravens..but foster being vegan and tripping over his dam feet..and sacuab looking lost without the run i dont see this turning out well..but i hope im wrong
PandapuffTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #45
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Yeah but elite QB's dont go to the media and say "Hey Im ELITE!!" He is good but he is not Rodgers, Eli or Brady yet.
Again, the media came to Joe not vice versa.

It doesn't really matter that he is the #8, 9th or 10th- they are are some pretty damn good QB's playing and I can name at least 20 teams that would love to have him including that team in your state to the North. Blomo will cost you a game; Joe doesn't.
Old 10-15-2012   #46
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 116054 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Again, the media came to Joe not vice versa.

It doesn't really matter that he is the #8, 9th or 10th- they are are some pretty damn good QB's playing and I can name at least 20 teams that would love to have him including that team in your state to the North. Blomo will cost you a game; Joe doesn't.
Then you have some humilty and throw out the typical "Ill do whatever it takes to help the team win."
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #47
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Then you have some humilty and throw out the typical "Ill do whatever it takes to help the team win."
right....

ďI assume everybody thinks theyíre a top-five quarterback,Ē Flacco told WNST in Baltimore, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. ďI mean, I think Iím the best. I donít think Iím top five, I think Iím the best. I donít think Iíd be very successful at my job if I didnít feel that way. I mean, Címon? Thatís not really too tough of a question. But that doesnít mean that things are gonna work out that way. It just means that thatís the way it is, thatís the way I feel it is, and thatís the way I feel it should be.Ē
Sponsored links
Old 10-15-2012   #48
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43559 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
right....

ďI assume everybody thinks theyíre a top-five quarterback,Ē Flacco told WNST in Baltimore, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. ďI mean, I think Iím the best. I donít think Iím top five, I think Iím the best. I donít think Iíd be very successful at my job if I didnít feel that way. I mean, Címon? Thatís not really too tough of a question. But that doesnít mean that things are gonna work out that way. It just means that thatís the way it is, thatís the way I feel it is, and thatís the way I feel it should be.Ē
In my book this is a non-topic. The media blow things out of proportion to create things they can talk about. And rival teams' fans just pounce on anything to make fun of the other team. When this came out in the summer, and I heard what he actually said, I rolled my eyes.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #49
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
In my book this is a non-topic. The media blow things out of proportion to create things they can talk about. And rival teams' fans just pounce on anything to make fun of the other team. When this came out in the summer, and I heard what he actually said, I rolled my eyes.
exactly
Old 10-15-2012   #50
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
Imo he's having an elite year when you take into account how many long passes he's made this year. I think I heard Brian Billick say that the Ravens lead the league this year in explosive plays and Joe Flacco is a big reason for that. He's not an elite QB, but he's having a very good year.
Absolutely agree.

Is this me?
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #51
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
We're going to have to stop the run.
Best way to do that is to start strong & get off to an early lead. Control the clock, eat up time, make them desperate & determined to score quick.
Old 10-16-2012   #52
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
They got a lot of injury's and have to come to our house. If we are the class of the AFC we need to show it sunday.

I guess we have earned their fans respect. They are calling it thier game of they year. http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/to...re-at-houston/
The Packers had alot of injuries as well and they came in here and kicked our ass. As good as we are we still have trouble with big physical smash mouth football teams. Baltimore has that type of team as well and are very balanced on offense. We can win this game but it's going to be tough and take alot better play calling, and player effort than we had against GB.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012   #53
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249976 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I predict that whoever wins this game will have the best record in the AFC.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012   #54
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
The Packers had alot of injuries as well and they came in here and kicked our ass. As good as we are we still have trouble with big physical smash mouth football teams. Baltimore has that type of team as well and are very balanced on offense. We can win this game but it's going to be tough and take alot better play calling, and player effort than we had against GB.
I worried about it all along, and now that I've seen it with the Packers and know that we will be seeing it more often in the remainder of our schedule, I really worry about it...........that is, an opponent capable of a vertical passing game. Unless anything changes, I see the potential for any quality vertical passing QB making their mediocre RB look like a pro bowler against us. We won't be able to keep stacking the box and not eventually pay for it big time.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012   #55
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I predict that whoever wins this game will have the best record in the AFC.
Dude, I am so taking that to Vegas!!
Old 10-16-2012   #56
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Bltimore is NOT a smash mouth team anymore- especially on defense and not just since Ray Lewis is out for the season...
Old 10-16-2012   #57
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Bltimore is NOT a smash mouth team anymore- especially on defense and not just since Ray Lewis is out for the season...
Tell Cameron to get his head out and give the ball to Ray Rice.

Is this me?
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012   #58
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I remember last year, I was talking shiz with a Baltimore Raven fan on one of their boards. He said something about scoring 30 on us. I went off on him. Told him this wasn't the same ole Texans. That nobody was going to hang 30 on that defense.

They only scored 29, but I felt like I lost the argument on principle.
Old 10-16-2012   #59
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249976 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

The Ravens are a damn good team with or without Lewis. This game will go to the team that wants it more, because both the Texans and Ravens are good enough to win it.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012   #60
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
The Ravens are a damn good team with or without Lewis. This game will go to the team that wants it more, because both the Texans and Ravens are good enough to win it.
Thorn is going all Confucius today, LOL!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read