Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-15-2012   #1
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jonathan Joseph

What happened to this guy? He looks clueless out there.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #2
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84705 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jonathan Joseph

He got discount double-checked.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #3
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

He's obviously a part of Wade's diabolical scheme to get GK fired so WP can get the HC job here.

Just kidding. Sort of... :spy
Old 10-15-2012   #4
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43787 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
He's obviously a part of Wade's diabolical scheme to get GK fired so WP can get the HC job here.

Just kidding. Sort of... :spy
I know you're sort of kidding, but how does a DC get a HC job by having your defense play like crap?
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #5
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think anything's wrong with him despite reports of him being nicked up; I don't think its any more than usual anyway. What it is is just after 4 games, he along with the rest of our defense have been scouted & i'm guessing 1 of the things teams saw was how overly-agressive our db's have been this season.

I say this b/c beginning with the jets game, we started to see tons of double moves being put on him & KJ & guys are coming wide open as a result. Teams have also finally started to take notice of Quinn playing down more in the box for run support, which is leaving little to no safety help over the top.

Bottom line is they are getting too agressive at jumping slants and curls & they can't afford to be with little or no safety help over the top.

Other things teams are seeing from the scouting: Barwin and Reed aren't going to beat them. Control Watt and Smith to lesser extent & the other 2 likely aren't going to pick up the slack.

Wade has said that he finds what his players can do well & then he puts them in situations to where they best utilize that particular skill. This is a double edge sword. Quinn was switched to safety b/c it allows for him to best utilize his best skill...which was tackling coming out of college. When put into coverage he struggles....reminds me alot of the Roy Williams debacle in Dallas when Wade was up there.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #6
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 11734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
I don't think anything's wrong with him despite reports of him being nicked up; I don't think its any more than usual anyway. What it is is just after 4 games, he along with the rest of our defense have been scouted & i'm guessing 1 of the things teams saw was how overly-agressive our db's have been this season.

I say this b/c beginning with the jets game, we started to see tons of double moves being put on him & KJ & guys are coming wide open as a result. Teams have also finally started to take notice of Quinn playing down more in the box for run support, which is leaving little to no safety help over the top.

Bottom line is they are getting too agressive at jumping slants and curls & they can't afford to be with little or no safety help over the top.

Other things teams are seeing from the scouting: Barwin and Reed aren't going to beat them. Control Watt and Smith to lesser extent & the other 2 likely aren't going to pick up the slack.

Wade has said that he finds what his players can do well & then he puts them in situations to where they best utilize that particular skill. This is a double edge sword. Quinn was switched to safety b/c it allows for him to best utilize his best skill...which was tackling coming out of college. When put into coverage he struggles....reminds me alot of the Roy Williams debacle in Dallas when Wade was up there.
Glover might not be a great cover corner but his coverage skills are more than adequate for a safety.
Old 10-15-2012   #7
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
Glover might not be a great cover corner but his coverage skills are more than adequate for a safety.
No doubt they are. But i think with him in particular, he's gotten so locked in on playing in the box for run support that he's forgotten that coverage is his primary duty 1st & foremost...at least on occassion he's forgotten anyway.

Look at the last 2 games. part of why teams have started going at Joseph & running those inside trap plays is b/c he & Quinn are on the strong side 90% of the time. They're essentially sucking him in more & more with those 1 yard here, 2 yards there runs.

After about 2 or 3 of those they hit him or Joseph over the top. Double moves on Joseph, play action for Quinn. Both guys were beat over the top in 2 consecutive games & Quinn in particular has been beaten in both games.
Sponsored links
Old 10-15-2012   #8
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

you keep putting your cb's on an island...then get no edge rush against a premiere QB. This is what you get. Nothing wrong with JJ.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #9
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
you keep putting your cb's on an island...then get no edge rush against a premiere QB. This is what you get. Nothing wrong with JJ.
I was going to mention the same thing. Somebody in the front 7 needs to step up when they are double/triple teaming Watt. The amount of time that Rodgers had in the pocket was pathetic. I'm pretty sure he called Geico during one of those plays.
Old 10-15-2012   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
While I agree with your overall point, I do think JJo is struggling more than usual. I wouldn't say he looks "lost", but definitely not the JJo we're used to seeing.

*Random* KJ had perfect coverage on the interference play. All he had to do was turn his head just enough for the ref to think he looked back for the ball and it wouldn't have been called. Just my opinion
Old 10-15-2012   #11
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
I know you're sort of kidding, but how does a DC get a HC job by having your defense play like crap?
Oh I was completely joking.

I threw in that last line just because the template on me is that I'm a big conspiracy guy.

I'm in need of laughs after last night.
Old 10-15-2012   #12
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
While I agree with your overall point, I do think JJo is struggling more than usual. I wouldn't say he looks "lost", but definitely not the JJo we're used to seeing.

*Random* KJ had perfect coverage on the interference play. All he had to do was turn his head just enough for the ref to think he looked back for the ball and it wouldn't have been called. Just my opinion
He's in the spotlight more because teams are taking more shots with him on an island more. Physically he looks the same to me.

I thought they were nitpicky on the KJ interference play. If you watch the replays his head wasn't totally turned in an ideal manner, but his head was pointed up and at the ball as it was coming down.

Old 10-15-2012   #13
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
That's not even really at the heart of it. There were more than a few times Rodgers either stepped up in the pocket from pressure, escaped pressure from his left or right and found someone. Hell, Reed knocked the crap out of Rodgers when he got flushed by pressure on his left side.....still resulted in a TD pass.
Old 10-15-2012   #14
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
That's not even really at the heart of it. There were more than a few times Rodgers either stepped up in the pocket from pressure, escaped pressure from his left or right and found someone. Hell, Reed knocked the crap out of Rodgers when he got flushed by pressure on his left side.....still resulted in a TD pass.
and he found his players singled up...on an island.

Old 10-15-2012   #15
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He's in the spotlight more because teams are taking more shots with him on an island more. Physically he looks the same to me.

I thought they were nitpicky on the KJ interference play. If you watch the replays his head wasn't totally turned in an ideal manner, but his head was pointed up and at the ball as it was coming down.
Agreed, it was very nitpicky. I thought Kubiak was going to crap himself yelling so hard at the ref. Heck, I thought my wife was too. She came unglued on that play.
Old 10-15-2012   #16
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
no doubt, that post was aimed more at the "no edge rush" part of your post. The edge rush is there, those guys just need to stop running around the tackles so much & collapse the pocket a bit more to give the qb no place to escape to...They're just getting run up field.
Old 10-15-2012   #17
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yup, Rodgers Brees Peyton brady will take any of their guys one on versus anyone. Thats why their the best. Find the one on one pre snap then attack. Rodgers has more athleticism when things break down
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #18
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Oops double post
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #19
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 16186 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

the front 7 didn't contain rodgers at all or even rattle him.

that niners game at the beginning of the season they were all in rodgers grill and forced him to stay in the pocket.

pass defense starts with pressure on the qb.
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #20
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Honestly, I don't think KJ even touched the receiver.(His body, or his arms) I don't know what the refs can ask for in that situation.

Is this me?
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read