Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Vegan diet affecting Foster's performance this year?
Yes 19 22.09%
No 55 63.95%
Not sure 12 13.95%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-15-2012   #21
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 246932 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Do you think Arian's vegan diet has made him a lesser RB this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
When he falls down even when not making a really hard Arian-like cut on the grass, yeah he's not the same guy.
Well, unless you think vegan means he's out there eating the turf and therefore messing it up for the game that day, I really don't see how slipping has anything int he world to do with a vegan diet. LOL

I voted no, and the reason is right there on your DVR. During the course of the game, you're too invested int he outcome of a play to actually analyze it. But go back now and watch how many times he's hit behind the LOS. Hell, on one of his TD runs, the LOS was at the 2 yard line and he juked a guy as soon as he got the ball - behind the 5 yard line. He's juking guys 3 yards behind the LOS? That's not on Arian.

The OL is just bad this year. There's no sugar coating it. They're not 2002 awful, but for a SB-caliber team, they are bad. It's the team's Achilles heel.
Old 10-15-2012   #22
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he took that vegan diet too far and now it appears that he turned into a newborn f'in baby deer out there. Those wobbly a$$ legs better find their footing, ASAP.

Old 10-15-2012   #23
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Here is the thing...you don't generally go from meat eater to pure vegan overnight. Foster was likely already a vegetarian prior to becoming a vegan.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #24
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

thinking it would be business as usual when you replace the entire right side of the line....

Ok maybe not. I think Foster looks sluggish too though. With Foster looking sluggish, Andre looking sluggish, this offense looked slow last night. Forsett didn't look that slow and neither did Tate so I know its not my imagination.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #25
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52700 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
Losing Winston and Biscuit has made Foster a lesser running back this year.

O-linemen, they're kind of a big deal.
That IS a lot of beef he doesn't have any more.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #26
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 246932 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
thinking it would be business as usual when you replace the entire right side of the line....
Yeah, the way they went about that has bothered me from the beginning. I had serious reservations about the OL in the offseason and preseason, and they've persisted throughout the regular season.
Old 10-15-2012   #27
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80254 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

The vegan diet ... No.

But . . . If someone were to create a poll (it ain't gonna be me) asking if he's pulling a Chris Johnson on us .......

Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-15-2012   #28
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

All the facepalms are silly. Arian's looks different this year as an individual. You cannot deny that unless you are a complete homer and Arian is one of my favorite players due to both personality and what he is capable of. I don't know if the kid needs a steak, but this isn't all on the offensive lines. He's getting tripped by hand tackles this year, and not breaking them like he used to. Don't be blind, be realistic.
Old 10-15-2012   #29
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
All the facepalms are silly. Arian's looks different this year as an individual. You cannot deny that unless you are a complete homer and Arian is one of my favorite players due to both personality and what he is capable of. I don't know if the kid needs a steak, but this isn't all on the offensive lines. He's getting tripped by hand tackles this year, and not breaking them like he used to. Don't be blind, be realistic.
I also don't think he's making the right read at the line. On a few of the replays I've seen, it looks like there is a hole in another gap, but he picked the wrong lane to cut through and ends up in the mix of tacklers and lineman. I'm not sure what's really going on. It's a head scrather for sure.
Old 10-15-2012   #30
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Agreed. While I, personally, don't think it's the diet (there are just too many changed variables to take into account), it is a definite POSSIBILITY, and at the very least, while probably not THE contributing factor, it might be A contributing factor.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #31
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

I try to eat vegan and I feel lots better when I do. Get better sleep, have more energy, just feel better overall. I can't believe eating vegan would do anything but help Arian.

What is wrong with Arian is his offensive line. Running backs are useless with out them. Thats why I hate spending money or using high draft picks on running backs. Especially when you have to let offensive lineman go to accommodate them.
Old 10-15-2012   #32
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15475 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Remember the Steelers game?
The playoff games?

He just looked a lot more explosive and dynamic. He does not now. Even when he has the blocking we are not seeing those plays we are used to seeing. Yeah our Oline needs to improve but Foster does too. He's going down on first touch, getting tripped up by his own feet as well.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #33
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
Agreed. While I, personally, don't think it's the diet (there are just too many changed variables to take into account), it is a definite POSSIBILITY, and at the very least, while probably not THE contributing factor, it might be A contributing factor.
He definitely looks a bit weaker and off balance and when the workout hasn't changed, you have to look at the diet. Sure, some of the holes aren't there, but when they are, just not the same Arian I'm used to seeing. I've see a couple runs where the past couple of years, as someone else pointed out, he'd be gone for 30+, but instead, he got tripped up for a 7 yard gain. If Arian's mom reads this, let him know he's got full support and we're rooting for him. Also, would be interesting to know Arian's take on the situation.
Old 10-15-2012   #34
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 295477 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes, this is why we lost: vegetables.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #35
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

He has had a number of slips even outside of reliant and he doesnt seem to be running the same. I do not think it is diet that has caused any of this however
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #36
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I voted YES.

When a D-lineman brushes Arian's leg and he falls down, yeah he's not the same guy. When he falls down even when not making a really hard Arian-like cut on the grass, yeah he's not the same guy.

When he hits one guy and falls down, yeah. He's not the same guy.

I just think he lacks the stamina and power he had prior to this season.

Not trying to be a hater. I thought that maybe he could do alright on it, figuring he would have the best in the vegan culture helping him to maintain his previous years of success as the best RB in the league, but he isn't. IMO.
I voted no, simply because I can't attribute what you point out to his diet. Even to speculate his diet has connection to his ability to stay on his feet seems like a big stretch that falls more on the side of coincidence than probability. Even in last nights game, Arian was falling down on the back field, but so was Tate. I simply don't see a connection to diet.
Old 10-15-2012   #37
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
The vegan diet ... No.

But . . . If someone were to create a poll (it ain't gonna be me) asking if he's pulling a Chris Johnson on us .......

You hate to question a man's heart, but the truth is that Arian's payday validated him.

If you follow his career arch, he has played the best when he's had something to prove.

As an undrafted free agent, he had to prove that he belonged in the NFL.

Then, once he earned his roster spot, he had to prove that he deserved to be a starter.

But now, he's been paid and lost his chip on the shoulder. He's now widely considered to be one of the best RBs in the league. What's left to prove?

I dig the guy, but it's obvious that his game is not what it was last year. Not sure about the diet thing, but I think his motivation and losing the right side of the OL has had the biggest impacts on his game.
Old 10-15-2012   #38
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 74351 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Tony Gonzales has been a vegan for a lot longer than Foster. If the person in question has a true desire to succeed then a vegan diet wont stop them.
Old 10-15-2012   #39
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
But now, he's been paid and lost his chip on the shoulder. He's now widely considered to be one of the best RBs in the league. What's left to prove?

I dig the guy, but it's obvious that his game is not what it was last year. Not sure about the diet thing, but I think his motivation and losing the right side of the OL has had the biggest impacts on his game.
Maybe people doubting him now that he got the contract will light a fire under him (assuming he's lost that chip on his shoulder).

My guess is that the inconsistency on the offensive line has hurt his decision making. With Briesel and Winston there, he knew that they would create a hole for him to run through. With Newton/Harris and Caldwell/Jones there now, that hole isn't there anymore (or not nearly as often) so he has to wait to see if it will open up or if he has to try and take it outside instead. I think the O-line not creating lanes like he was used to has caused him to doubt what he can do out of the backfield. This is all just speculation of course. Foster hasn't been terrible (he ran over the Jaguars and Jets) but he hasn't been his usual self.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #40
SwoLy-D
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 SwoLy-D is a quality contributor and well respectedSwoLy-D is a quality contributor and well respectedSwoLy-D is a quality contributor and well respectedSwoLy-D is a quality contributor and well respectedSwoLy-D is a quality contributor and well respectedSwoLy-D is a quality contributor and well respectedSwoLy-D is a quality contributor and well respectedSwoLy-D is a quality contributor and well respectedSwoLy-D is a quality contributor and well respectedSwoLy-D is a quality contributor and well respectedSwoLy-D is a quality contributor and well respected

He needs to eat more yards.
SwoLy-D is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read