Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Vegan diet affecting Foster's performance this year?
Yes 19 22.09%
No 55 63.95%
Not sure 12 13.95%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-15-2012   #1
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Do you think Arian's vegan diet has made him a lesser RB this year?

Because I don't want to talk X's and O's after that worthless "game" vs. GB. This is to deflect from the real news, so please just go sit and spin if you want to come here and be a jerk about it. I need off-the-wall football talk for a change.
Old 10-15-2012   #2
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do you think Arian's vegan diet has made him a lesser RB this year?

I voted YES.

When a D-lineman brushes Arian's leg and he falls down, yeah he's not the same guy. When he falls down even when not making a really hard Arian-like cut on the grass, yeah he's not the same guy.

When he hits one guy and falls down, yeah. He's not the same guy.

I just think he lacks the stamina and power he had prior to this season.

Not trying to be a hater. I thought that maybe he could do alright on it, figuring he would have the best in the vegan culture helping him to maintain his previous years of success as the best RB in the league, but he isn't. IMO.
Old 10-15-2012   #3
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not sure about power, but the vegan way is known to help you with plenty stamina. My sister is around 100 lbs and she has done the 150 mile ride to Austin for the last 5 years, along with many a 5 to 25 K runs (starting in her late 40s through her early 50s). My younger brother, who isn't a strict vegan, had done the ride from San Francisco to LA twice in his late 30s (nearly 400 miles.)
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #4
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 125380 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Losing Winston and Biscuit has made Foster a lesser running back this year.

O-linemen, they're kind of a big deal.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #5
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I dunno about the vegan thing, but maybe that 11 million dollar paycheck is weighing him down.
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Because I don't want to talk X's and O's after that worthless "game" vs. GB. This is to deflect from the real news, so please just go sit and spin if you want to come here and be a jerk about it. I need off-the-wall football talk for a change.
I voted "Not Sure" But, if we're asking the question & haven't found the answer in 6 weeks, who gives a shiz, buy the man a T-Bone

or two. Next week, we pay the Ravens. Two Dallas Cowboy running backs ran for 90 yards on them today. Two Dallas Cowboy running backs ran for 90 yards on the Baltimore Ravens defense today, at M&T Bank Stadium.

If Arian doesn't go off on the Ravens........ I'd like to see the guys force feeding him a can of SPAM!!!!
Old 10-15-2012   #7
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

not sure...but I can't help but think he's lost some power.

Previous years he was HARD to bring down! He'd break tackles and now it seems like he's such a finesse runner that if he's touched he goes down.

I do think the right side of the line has something to do with it (Briesel...enjoy your time in Oakland.....) but I can't help but wonder if he's lost some of his power. He used to be such a all-around back and now he feels much more like a finesse back y'know?
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-15-2012   #8
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
Losing Winston and Biscuit has made Foster a lesser running back this year.

O-linemen, they're kind of a big deal.
Uh yeah, that O-line, they never really count for much, do they?

Wait a minute! We can't talk about the O-line, can we? That would involve X's and O's.

Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #9
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

No .... I think Briesel and Winston being in different uniforms hurts him more than anything else .... but I realize there was no way to keep some of those players that were let go. Better hope Jones , Caldwell , Newton and Harris figure it out soon.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #10
Quick II Draw
Veteran

Rep Power: 2096 Quick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respected

You are so, so dumb.
Old 10-15-2012   #11
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

sure why not ill say yeah

aint nothing wrong with having a little meat now and then

o and winston sucked and Mike B was always hurt ..... jus saying there apart of the problem but arian is also apart of the problem
Norg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #12
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6845 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think it's all on the o-line. When the holes are there, Foster will get 7 to 10 yards, but we are not seeing the 30 and 40 yard runs like we have in the past.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #13
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Not sure. I lean towards yes, but because of the changes on the line I cannot say definitively. He definitely looks smaller, and seems to go down easier.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #14
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 3280 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected

Craig. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #15
PandapuffTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 338 PandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

last night seemed he went down more from tripping over his own feet then defenders..there was times he was wide open for a good run and he trips over his dam feet..that to me is a lesser arian..he looks average this year..dude is getting payed millions...kubiak needs to nut up and feed him meat. in any other business if you was costing the boss buisness you would change your ways or get fired..why is arian a exception? hes obviously not producing and his diet is affecting his tougnhess yet the coaches let this go on..your in the nfl where you easily burn 5k calories a game. I highly doubt arian gets that from nuts...
PandapuffTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #16
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandapuffTexan View Post
last night seemed he went down more from tripping over his own feet then defenders..there was times he was wide open for a good run and he trips over his dam feet..that to me is a lesser arian..he looks average this year..dude is getting payed millions...kubiak needs to nut up and feed him meat. in any other business if you was costing the boss buisness you would change your ways or get fired..why is arian a exception? hes obviously not producing and his diet is affecting his tougnhess yet the coaches let this go on..your in the nfl where you easily burn 5k calories a game. I highly doubt arian gets that from nuts...

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #17
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 318355 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, for whatever reason, Arian is not running as well this year. Probably a combination of things and not any one thing. I doubt very seriously munching nuts and seeds instead of steaks has anything to do with it though.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #18
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted "No". I think poorer run blocking has contributed to him being statistically a lesser RB this year. I think that I've never seen him slip so many times before though that's been the case at home and away so I don't know how to categorize that.

It appears to me that better defenses have figured out how to stop our run game while at the same time our passing game hasn't made great strides. AJ's older, Matt's still "Matt", and the rest of the wideouts are one AJ knee injury away from doing their Houdini bit again.

I think Foster would benefit from mixing Tate in more but that's just me. Why they aren't doing it I don't know.
Old 10-15-2012   #19
GP 
Go Texans!

Good conversation thus far.

He looks off to me. Just like someone else said earlier in this thread: "Dallas had two 90-yard rushers on the Ravens..." so to me it's time to see if this is a blocking thing or a lesser Arian thing.
Old 10-15-2012   #20
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 177962 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

It's a complex mix of o-line, not mixing in more Tate and Foster. There's never an "either/or" answer to stuff like this.

IMHO, human bodies do best on a moderate and complete diet that includes animal protein. If you're a normal person with a desk job, an intelligently planned vegan diet probably works well for you. But when you're a professional athlete playing at the top level with other professionals, you need to keep your machine in tip top shape. What % this affects in Foster's production is up for anyone's guess. I'm not going to blame his lack of production on his diet, but if you ask me if it makes him better, worse or the same, I'm going to lean to worse.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read