Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-31-2013   #1
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27427 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected
Exclamation Be the GM: JJ needs help. Vote for JJ.

Hurry! Texan fans can't allow Luck to beat JJ. Flood the votes with JJ votes.

http://football.realgm.com/src_wiret...ck_or_jj_watt/

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013   #2
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47206 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Be the GM: JJ needs help. Vote for JJ.

This might be blasphemy but if there is anyone in the NFL I might take over JJ, it'd be Andrew Luck. That guy is going to be special for the next 10-15 years. In the new pussified NFL, QBs win championships and Luck has the chance to be an elite QB in this league.
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013   #3
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Watt by a few thousand miles.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013   #4
potisyourfriend
All Pro

Rep Power: 1624 potisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respected

Voted for Watt but either one is a good one to start a franchise.
My lame Z build
My lame youtube channel
potisyourfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013   #5
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27427 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
This might be blasphemy but if there is anyone in the NFL I might take over JJ, it'd be Andrew Luck. That guy is going to be special for the next 10-15 years. In the new pussified NFL, QBs win championships and Luck has the chance to be an elite QB in this league.
You're right. That's blasphemy. Quick, go vote for JJ twice & all will be forgiven.

The Texans Bull Rush
Old 08-31-2013   #6
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't really think this is fair because we didn't intentionally go 2-14 just to get the 1st pick in the draft & we didn't pick Watt #1 overall. He is the better player, actually, but I totally agree with the "pussified league" theory. QBs are worth more because you have to stop, take out and read your instruction manual, & then try to hit them in a nice, friendly way. If Watt could just POUND Luck like they used to be aloud to, then he WOULD be worth more.

I did vote for Watt though, of course.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013   #7
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Hmmm, not sure.....

Let's do this:

Put Andrew on offense with a ball, JJ will play defense.

Just the two of them. Set, hike! Set, hike! Set, hike!...

Last man standing is my selection.

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-31-2013   #8
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 48384 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted for Luck, if any of you b*stards get your own franchises you keep your damn mitts off of Watt!!!! I want him to retire a Texan!!!!!
Old 09-01-2013   #9
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I love JJ Watt as a Texan, but you don't build a franchise around a DT. Luck is going to be a franchise QB for the next 10-15 years.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013   #10
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry but you may want to stop watching ESPN. Luck sucks. When did a 54.1% completion, and a 76.5 QB rating equate to a 10-15 year QB super star?

The Dolts won inspite of Luck and then went Washington Redskins this offseason.

Oh wait he has "it". The same way VY and Tebow have "it".

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013   #11
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

This is unbelievable. This is a Texan's fan site....., right? I guess I was mistaken. No matter what the question in the poll is, how can you vote for a player on one of our worst enemies teams? This is a time to throw rational thinking out the window & push Watt to the victory. Lord knows he'll give the Texan's fans his complete support. Why can't we? I just checked & there were a total of 219 votes with Luck leading at a 2-1 pace. Do we not have 219 members that could go vote for JJ? This is a sad sad day.

The Texans Bull Rush
Old 09-01-2013   #12
AngryNateFTW
Veteran

Rep Power: 18057 AngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie View Post
This is unbelievable. This is a Texan's fan site....., right? I guess I was mistaken. No matter what the question in the poll is, how can you vote for a player on one of our worst enemies teams? This is a time to throw rational thinking out the window & push Watt to the victory. Lord knows he'll give the Texan's fans his complete support. Why can't we? I just checked & there were a total of 219 votes with Luck leading at a 2-1 pace. Do we not have 219 members that could go vote for JJ? This is a sad sad day.
This.

I didn't even think about it, just voted for Watt.

To be fair, I think Watt is a lot better, anyway.
AngryNateFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013   #13
PHILLYTEXANFAN
Veteran

Rep Power: 15034 PHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Everyone keeps saying Luck will be great for next 10-15 years, blah blah blah, JJ wont or sumin? Better QBs will come during Lucks tenure, Watt is a true once in a generation player
PHILLYTEXANFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013   #14
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHILLYTEXANFAN View Post
Everyone keeps saying Luck will be great for next 10-15 years, blah blah blah, JJ wont or sumin? Better QBs will come during Lucks tenure, Watt is a true once in a generation player
Everything you said is true, but it makes no difference. Today's NFL is a QB driven league. So even all of those better QBs who'll come around during Luck's tenure are still more important than the once in a generation player that Watt is.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013   #15
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Everything you said is true, but it makes no difference. Today's NFL is a QB driven league. So even all of those better QBs who'll come around during Luck's tenure are still more important than the once in a generation player that Watt is.
As you said, Watt is a once-in-a-generation player.
You build your team around that guy.

You can draft another QB that can help your team win besides Luck.
Heck, like I said two years ago, I would have taken Kaepernick.
Last year, I would have taken Wilson.

There are more good QBs coming out, too.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013   #16
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
As you said, Watt is a once-in-a-generation player.
You build your team around that guy.
Yep, just like The Big Tuna said, Bill Parcells: "I'd start my team with Lawrence Taylor"
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013   #17
PHILLYTEXANFAN
Veteran

Rep Power: 15034 PHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respected

This team was originally built around a QB, Mr.Carr, look where that got us
PHILLYTEXANFAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read