Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Green Bay Packers @ Houston Texans. 7:20. 10/14. **Official GameDay Thread**

Joe Texan

Inducted 04
Here we go again

Cushing is OUT (DAMNIT)

We are 5 and 0 (one Game at a time)

SO Lets get out there and Kick Some Green Bay Packers Back to Wisconsin.

Just like Erlacher, no Cut and Paste Here :pop:

Just Hard Core Texans Football

The Night Game, Part 2 of 4

Although the Houston Texans are one of the NFL's two remaining unbeatens, there's suddenly a feeling of concern for Gary Kubiak's team.

Their problem, however, doesn't appear as troubling as what the Green Bay Packers are experiencing.

Following a season-ending injury to All-Pro linebacker Brian Cushing, the Texans look to regroup Sunday night when they host a Packers team coming off yet another discouraging performance in a stunning defeat.

Houston (5-0) is off to the best start in franchise history and has already begun to separate itself from the pack in the AFC South. Its path to the playoffs, however, took a major hit in Monday night's 23-17 win over the New York Jets, as Cushing suffered a torn left knee ligament on a low block by guard Matt Slauson.

"A big blow for our team," Kubiak said. "We have to have guys pick it up around him and we've got to find a way to move forward."

Cushing has a team-high 29 tackles and has led the Texas in that department in two of three seasons since being named the Defensive Rookie of the Year in 2009. He is also the emotional leader on a defense that ranks third in total yards allowed with 275.6 per game and fourth in scoring at 14.6 points.

Kubiak says Tim Dobbins, who moved into Cushing's spot Monday and finished with four tackles and a pass deflection, is "option No. 1" to replace Cushing in the lineup.

"It's a challenge for our team, that's what this is," Kubiak said. "We know Dobbins is going to go in there and play well, and every player in our locker room is going to take on a little bit more responsibility."

J.J. Watt is one player who is expected to help shoulder the load. He has eight pass deflections and 7 1/2 sacks, one-half less than league leader Clay Matthews of Green Bay.

More picks here: http://challengegames.nfl.com/pickem/experts?module=HP11_hot_topics#game-day-morning

What I want to see:

More OD in the slot.

When I saw this on the first drive of the game, lots of possibilities came up. I would be happy as all hell if we kept doing this.

Attack Rodgers and wreak some havoc vs. GB's iffy OL.

What Seattle, CHI and Indy did to #12 is known. Pressure on Rodgers turns the Packer O into something bordering on average. So, with that in mind, pressure him constantly. Barwin, time to get a sack!

Foster and Tate time.

This isn't going to be a long one. Run these two all night if you have to. The Packers allow 114 rush yards a game, so this is a nice way to keep that offense off the field.

J-Jo and AJ redemption.

Last week, fans/media said Joesph and Dre both had terrible nights vs. NYJ. So, what better way to make people say "that was last week" than to show out on the biggest stage of the week. I expect to see both.

Folks, this is the biggest stage in the regular season we've EVER been on. So what changes? NOTHING. 1-0 every week, that's the goal. Let's show the nation AGAIN how we do it, but this time in OUR building. Be loud, drown out any and every cheesehead you see and let's get this W! LETS MUTHA****IN' GO, TEXANS!!!

NastyNate

I go kerplunk
Let's make Reliant forking electric! I'm screaming the pillars off of reliant. Let's go Texans! See ya at the tailgate!

Bulls on Parade

2017 Astros: Earn It!
Quick question guys. Will the roof be open or closed at Reliant tonight? Not that it matters but I love to hear that extra noise making me deaf. It will cause the Packers to false start 5 or 6 times I bet.

TexanSam

Hall of Fame
Quick question guys. Will the roof be open or closed at Reliant tonight? Not that it matters but I love to hear that extra noise making me deaf. It will cause the Packers to false start 5 or 6 times I bet.
40% chance of rain tomorrow...so more than likely closed.

I don't understand why we have a retractable roof to begin with if it's never open.

Norg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
i think the fans can win this 4 the texans but we got to be louder then we ever been and for four quarters and not let a big GB 1st down silence us

and i mean be loud when there in the huddle be so loud that it will force them to not use no huddle offense

Be loud, drown out any and every cheesehead you see and let's get this W! LETS MUTHA****IN' GO, TEXANS!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

GuerillaBlack

Hall of Fame
Might have been rule of cool.

Or it could have been a look how big my..... errmm 'wallet" is thing.
The roof seemed to be open more often pre-Ike (excluding the Ike season of course). I don't know if there were complaints about the sun, wanting more crowd noise, or if that's just the way the weather went, but I want to see some blimp shots of inside the stadium in primetime.

NitroGSXR

Super Sic #58
Might have been rule of cool.

Or it could have been a look how big my..... errmm 'wallet" is thing.
No. It was innovative. Now that time has passed and we've learned a bit more about why we have a domed stadium (The ****sburg game)... I don't believe we will be going down the retractable route after Reliant passes away. We have always been an innovative city regarding our athletic teams. Minute Maid park having the retractable roof reallly is a well designed and well placed stadium as opposed to Reliant. Reliant was a great idea. It just didn't pan out as well as Minute Maid.

Joe Texan

Inducted 04
I blame Joe Texan of this is a loss.
I blame you for believing in peter pan,

We got a football game and that is that

Supersticion or Superbowl i choose to believe the latter. Yall can sit and wait on your neatly typed thread by your supersticios Shark (which he does a real nice job)
But snooze you lose

I been here since you were still a spot on the ceiling and if you for any reason think that I would jynx the Texans you need to get that checked. It would be your fault for bringing that up so wear that crown proudly and get back in your cage we got a game to play

Go Texans

False Start

On # 69
I have a feeling, that our front 7 will dominate their O-Line. Aaron Rogers will be eating lots of turf. JJ is gonna have a field day!

Joe Texan

Inducted 04
Lets get loud lets be proud this is another game on that one game at a time list. Watt needs to get in in the Green bay sack fest, be nice to see him pass Clay right in front of him.
Gotta go kiddies see you there

GuerillaBlack

Hall of Fame
[/img]

I blame you for believing in peter pan,

We got a football game and that is that

Supersticion or Superbowl i choose to believe the latter. Yall can sit and wait on your neatly typed thread by your supersticios Shark (which he does a real nice job)
But snooze you lose

I been here since you were still a spot on the ceiling and if you for any reason think that I would jynx the Texans you need to get that checked. It would be your fault for bringing that up so wear that crown proudly and get back in your cage we got a game to play

Go Texans
Lol that was easy. Don't get so offended, was just a joke. But I do see why you fight to start the thread first.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
As we get ready for the early inactives, i'm hearing BJ Raji won't be playing for the Pack tonite, while Jermichael Finley is 50/50

@JasonLaCanfora

I'll believe it when I see it.

It doesn't matter.
Foster will have another 100+ yard day either way. :splits:

iLoveTexans

Waterboy
This is wayyyyy off topic but i just wanted to tell you guys that Jacoby Jones just returned a 108 yd Kick off return TD. :kitten:

TheMatrix31

Hall of Fame
Don't sully this gamethread with the name of that piece of ****, no good lowlife jabroni.

..........keys to victory the same as always. Take care of the ball, don't commit stupid penalties, and control the field position. We should be able to throw all over this defense. Don't make a mistake Charles Woodson can capitalize on. I also like the idea of running to keep Rodgers off the field but with no run game, they'll pretty much be throwing all game too.

Gonna be a great game, I think. Can't ****ing wait.

Playoffs

Hall of Fame
NOT SportsCenter ‏@NOTSportsCenter
#boldpredictions #Packers at #Texans Fearing JJ Watt, Rodgers will keep saying "Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there. IN MY OFFICE!"

kiwitexansfan

Hall of Fame
Don't make a mistake Charles Woodson can capitalize on.
Not sure Charles Woodson is still 'Charles Woodson', I actually think that we might be able to exploit him some.

I think we can get dominance in the trenches on O and D. Should be another ground and pound game for the Texans.

Lurvinator11

Veteran
It's raining here in Huntsville.

If it keeps heading south, the roof should be closed, which will make for a loud matchup!

Showtime100

Got JJ?
I won't be able to see the game tonight but will be there in spirit.

Go Texans!!!

I have a feeling someone will be missed tonight...