Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-02-2005   #1
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default Sharper Fans:

I should have named this: "Just Plain Odd; Part 2".
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005   #2
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

LINK

Quote:
A coaching staff that sports Super Bowl rings can certainly catch the attention of an NFL free agent for hire. Especially one that's also wearing a Super Bowl ring of his own.

And that's exactly what brought LB Jamie Sharper to Seattle.

"The main thing was the coaching staff, guys that have won championships before," says Sharper on signing with the Seahawks. "That's all a player wants. I've won one, but it's better to win two."

Sharper was part of a Baltimore Ravens team in 2000 that set records for points allowed (165) and rushing yards allowed (950) along the way to winning Super Bowl XXXV. He started 79 of 80 games at outside linebacker in his five seasons with the Ravens, averaging 104 tackles a season.

Selected by the Houston Texans in the 2002 expansion draft, Sharper led the Texans in tackles in his three seasons with the team, including an NFL-leading and career-high 195 in 2003. But at the same time the Texans weren't winning a whole lot of games.

"We were the cellar dwellers of the AFC," Sharper said. "We didn't even get a sniff of the playoffs or TV coverage, and I really wanted to get back to that."

Jamie is back to that big time this season with two Monday Night Football appearances and an ESPN Sunday night game. As to which position Seahawks fans will see him playing-middle or outside linebacker-it really doesn't matter to Sharper.

"I can fit anywhere, I'm a pretty diverse linebacker," says Sharper. "One thing I like to do is make hits, so as long as I'm hitting people and getting at the quarterback, I'm happy anywhere."

Getting back to that Super Bowl ring of his, Jamie says it sees the light of day only on special occasions.

"I wear it once a year, around Super Bowl time," he says. "I might bring it out with the Seahawks when we get to the playoffs, but I never brought it out in Houston because we were always losing."

Come this January, Seahawks players and fans can look for Sharper to bring on the bling.
Talking trash or being brutally honest, you be the judge...I hope we crush them on national TV this year...
D-ReK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005   #3
jppaul
Cut and Dry

Rep Power: 1193 jppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respected

I concur.
jppaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005   #4
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"We were the cellar dwellers of the AFC," Sharper said. "We didn't even get a sniff of the playoffs or TV coverage, and I really wanted to get back to that."
Ouch....

FILO..you still love Sharper now?
Old 06-02-2005   #5
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK
Talking trash or being brutally honest, you be the judge...I hope we crush them on national TV this year...
I was just thinking the same thing. I want us to go show him how great the 'Cellar Dwellers of the AFC' really are. Is all he wants is to be on National TV? :brickwall
TexanFan881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005   #6
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

I can't wait to see DD bowl Sharper over.
Old 06-02-2005   #7
fball
Rookie

Default Sharper

Hey guy's I came accross this article on Sharper, check it out! http://www.seahawks.com/ardisplay.aspx?ID=5467
fball is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-02-2005   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 314423 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, we can take it two ways. It is true that we have been cellar dwellers. I mean, that's not an insult. It's just fact.

Bummer he didn't feel the need to show it as a Texan, but whatever.

The dude never did anything to get my ire, so I'm not going to trash talk him now just because he's being honest on another team.

Although, I do hope our Texans whip the snot out of him and the Seahawks.
Old 06-02-2005   #9
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

I guessed once again fans were fooled into thinking a player was more of a stand-up guy.

I hope Seattle does a freefall to the cellar next season, it's obvious Sharper couldn't wait to get out and away from Houston.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005   #10
TexansRockMySocks
Rookie

this makes me not miss him anymore, i have lost all respect for this man. Thaught he was a good player with his eyes set on helping us win, all he wanted was to be in the spotlight. Loser. I also hope he know's he's not going to be winning any rings up in Seattle, and that we will embarass him on national tv. We needed a leader on defense, and he certainly didn't fit the bill. Hope he showed himself to the door, won't be missed.

BTW he looks ugly in a seahawk uni.
TexansRockMySocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005   #11
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Yes, this did look better.

I'm not buying into all the hate talk. Jamie gave everything he had for the Texans while he was here.
At his website, he's been promoting a cause for AJ ... http://www.jamiesharper.com/
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005   #12
gcolby
Veteran

Whoa now! All he said was he didn't take the ring out in Houston. Every year you read about players doing that in the playoffs to spur their teammates on to get one of their own. Frankly, there was no reason to bring it out. If he did bring it out with our record, you'd could jump him for lording his hardware over the rest of the team.

He's done nothing but try to cast his landing in a new city in a positive light, in an attempt to gain acceptance with those fans. He could have done so by saying some outlandishly negative things about the Texans, but he did not. Yeah, we did finish last in our division our first two years, and we backed into 3rd this year with a terrible loss to the Browns where you darn well know our O-line just gave up, so cut the guy some slack. He's still (so far) the class guy we knew him to be when he was here.

gcolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005   #13
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Those remarks by Sharper are so disappointing; I'm surprised he said things like that that are so self-serving and immature. I'm still gonna be interested to see how he performs up there, but now don't really care one way or the other if he or his team succeeds.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005   #14
gcolby
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
Those remarks by Sharper are so disappointing; I'm surprised he said things like that that are so self-serving and immature. I'm still gonna be interested to see how he performs up there, but now don't really care one way or the other if he or his team succeeds.
Okay, please tell me, which sentence was immature? Which one was self-serving?

Thanks
Glen
gcolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005   #15
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa

Now when we get a pic of Jay Foreman in a Raiders Uni the trilogy of the "Just Plain Odd" will be complete
Old 06-02-2005   #16
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

I have mixed emotions about the comments...It certainly stings to hear ANYONE make statements about our team like that, but at the same time, they are true. We were at the bottom of the cellar his entire stay here, and we were always losing.

Did he have to say it like that? Did he mean the interpretation that many of us are feeling? Is there another way he could have said it without insulting us? I don't know, but it doesn't make it any better.

Before he came to us he was on a winning team and got his super bowl ring, then without his own approval, he was thrust onto a new team that everyone knew was going to struggle. He didn't ask to come here, he didn't ask to fight for us, but was obligated to by contract. He worked hard while he was here, but there was always a feeling I got that he didn't want to be here, and that he couldn't wait to get the heck out. I guess he got what he wanted. The more I think about it, the more it seems like Sharper wouldn't come to terms with the Texans, not the other way around.

One thing I do know is that I will be in Seattle, and I can't wait to see his head roll back, and his lower jaw pop right into his mouth piece as we run all over his butt. My chapter with Sharper is over; it's time to light him up! Itís just too bad he had to up him and his family all the way to rainy Seattle just to stay on a losing team!
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005   #17
TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodAa
Now when we get a pic of Jay Foreman in a Raiders Uni the trilogy of the "Just Plain Odd" will be complete
Don't forget Kenny Wright in a Jags uni, and wherever Eric Brown ends up.

But the weirdest for me will be JJ Moses in a different uni.
Old 06-02-2005   #18
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
Ouch....

FILO..you still love Sharper now?
I knew my name would be mentioned here.
I still like Jamie the player...and know that former players do talk smack to key up their new fans, and while I am taking one of my Sharper jerseys to Seattle to be personally signed....
He is going DOWN this season. I hope to see tracks all over him on the field at Qwest. Texans tracks.

Hope he enjoys yet another losing season up in my old stomping grounds.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005   #19
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcolby
Thanks
Glen
To me, Sharper sounds like a little kid who is kissing up to a new buddy by
way of trashing or belittling a former friendship that was basically severed
because of honest differences. Its like Sharper saying, the Texans weren't good enough for him "but you Seahawks are, 'cause we're both so cool." If you really felt that way Jamie, be an adult about it and keep it to yourself, you have (or perhaps did have), fans back in Houston who still want to follow you and want to pull for you to get back into the playoffs like you want, even if you're no longer with the Texans.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005   #20
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcolby

Thanks
Glen
"We were the cellar dwellers of the AFC,"

"I might bring it out with the Seahawks when we get to the playoffs, but I never brought it out in Houston because we were always losing."

i dunno i find it [retty immature. you also notice he had nothin nive to say at all bout the texans, come on i mean even moss had nice stuff to say bout the vikings when he left......give me a break i THOUGHT jamie was a classy guy but hes proven to me now all he cares about is being number 1 and nothin else, i can tell you now hes lost a fan.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read