Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-12-2012   #1
hellbentforfootball
Rookie

Rep Power: 219 hellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Get Over The Undefeated Hype.

IMHO the next 2 games are tryout games for the replacement of one Brian
Cushing... Say we lose these next 2, then go into the bye with 2 full weeks to prepare to go on the "run"...don't get me wrong, i want to win them all as well...but we just lost "the general" on defense that shored up the middle...we are scrambling..its not the same as last year....last year we had Brooks Reed waiting in the wings....no such luck this year (Mercilus be damn*d) but at the end of the day...I............trust.........in............WAD E!...is that enough cliche's?
hellbentforfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #2
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Get Over The Undefeated Hype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellbentforfootball View Post
Cushing... Say we lose these next 2, then go into the bye with 2 full weeks to prepare to go on the "run"...don't get me wrong, i want to win them all as well...but we just lost "the general" on defense that shored up the middle...we are scrambling..its not the same as last year....last year we had Brooks Reed waiting in the wings....no such luck this year (Mercilus be damn*d) but at the end of the day...I............trust.........in............WAD E!...is that enough cliche's?
What does Mercilus have to do with the Cushing injury? They play a different position. And who is hyping being undefeated? Everybody is hapy their the team is winning, but I wouldn't call it "undefeated hype".
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #3
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

And I think that the "tryout" for Cushing's replacement will be going on all season, not just the next two games.
Old 10-12-2012   #4
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

hopefully we win the next 2 but i'd rather win the Raven game since that one is in our conference losing to GB wouldnt hurt us at all
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #5
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 45478 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
hopefully we win the next 2 but i'd rather win the Raven game since that one is in our conference losing to GB wouldnt hurt us at all
Considering that your overall record is the first thing they go by, I wouldn't say a loss "wouldn't hurt us at all". Not as damaging as losing a conference game of course, but it still affects the overall record, the overall first tiebreaker.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #6
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
And I think that the "tryout" for Cushing's replacement will be going on all season, not just the next two games.

There is NO tryout for Cush's spot! Wade is not dumb enough to not have anticipated something like this! Dobbins is the backup, PERIOD, and unless he gets injured, or completely fails (which I doubt) he already has the position, and will keep it. Wade had this figured out long before it ever happened. Now, we just gotta trust in Dobbins to get the job done. Is he on the same level as Cush? Nope, and everyone knows that, esp Wade!! JMO!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #7
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 8248 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

there will be no tryout for replacing cushing. wade will not put someone in and demand them to do what cushing does. he will scheme around the strengths of dobbins, james, ruud & hopefully sharpton...

were losing a playmaker in cushing, we need the healthy guys to step in and just do their job..
Old 10-12-2012   #8
stingray
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
There is NO tryout for Cush's spot! Wade is not dumb enough to not have anticipated something like this! Dobbins is the backup, PERIOD, and unless he gets injured, or completely fails (which I doubt) he already has the position, and will keep it. Wade had this figured out long before it ever happened. Now, we just gotta trust in Dobbins to get the job done. Is he on the same level as Cush? Nope, and everyone knows that, esp Wade!! JMO!!
This is the NFL, just because you have the job one week doesn't mean you are keeping it for a while. Just look at Holliday, everyone was praising his performance in the preseason, he's not even on the team anymore. Dobbins has jumped frm team to team so we are not talking about someone who has really proven himself. JMO!!!
Old 10-12-2012   #9
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been looking at our past games and I believe our defense will stop the run more now with Dobbins. When that guy plays he's everywhere, just like Cushing. Does he not cover as well as Cushing? Sure. But I think we can make adjustments to coverages. Dobbins has always filled in nicely and I have faith in him as I recall what he did for us on 4th and goal in Balitmore during the playoffs.

What I think we are forgetting is that our defense is not only the 11 defensive players on the field but the 11 offensive players that have been dominating the time of posession. That's really my concern. IMO, we came out firing against the Jets and didn't control the clock enough.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #10
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 18146 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

"You are what your record says you are!" - Bill Parcells
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #11
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 240592 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans should go ahead and lose so we don't have to deal with all this 5-0 angst.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #12
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 50843 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellbentforfootball View Post
12.5 posts per year, thanks for all the good times and well thought input.
Old 10-12-2012   #13
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyTExan View Post
"You are what your record says you are!" - Bill Parcells
I'm OK with that.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #14
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64065 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Personally I am not "hyped" over being undefeated. I love it and all, but they are going to lose eventually. I would rather lose to GB than the Ravens, because I despise them.

As far as replacing Cush, its just not gonna happen. He is a one of a kind player. Wade will get it figured out.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #15
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Personally I am not "hyped" over being undefeated. I love it and all, but they are going to lose eventually. I would rather lose to GB than the Ravens, because I despise them.

As far as replacing Cush, its just not gonna happen. He is a one of a kind player. Wade will get it figured out.
Exactly.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #16
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4782 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
Can we not use the word "replacement". It makes it sound like Cush ain't coming back. I don't know if I can cope with that right now! haha
Old 10-12-2012   #17
hellbentforfootball
Rookie

Rep Power: 219 hellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
12.5 posts per year, thanks for all the good times and well thought input.
though I rarely post...I've been on this board since the migration from the Houston Texans MB's...it was just my 2 cents...I didn't realize one had to have a ba-jillion posts to have cred (reps)..was just looking to start a conversation about getting past being undefeated
hellbentforfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #18
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 18555 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

I get what the OP is saying, BUT...

I will not Get Over it, until I HAVE to

I want to say, IMHO, that Miami's perfect season record has remained "THE" most elusive BRAGGING rights that any team can lay to claim. While I don't expect that the Texans can accomplish a perfect season, I certainly am not going to hope for anything less! If they fall short, I wouldn't be hurt/putoff/let down in any way. Not even disappointed. But I will remain hopeful, so long as they continue to keep that Loss column showing a big fat ZERO!
Old 10-12-2012   #19
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94442 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

19-0 baby!

Go! Go! Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read