Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-11-2012   #21
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 21296 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I Still Dont Trust the KUBIAK & SCHAUB Regime

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTruthExplodes View Post
opinion based threads are more fun.
Sounds like another member of the NSZ.

Welcome

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #22
DaTruthExplodes
Anti-Homer

Rep Power: 0 DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
yes they are fun, but as long as one isn't stating them as fact
why not?

that's when the fun starts as people try to prove the poster's opinion wrong.
DaTruthExplodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #23
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209676 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
A little tip:

Try to keep your threads more fact based than opinion based...

You will get better reception that way. Welcome to the boards.
At least a healthy mix of both.

BTW welcome to the board.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #24
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Few things I don't think I had really thought about in years past:

When you control the clock and eat time in games, you accomplish 2 primary goals: 1) you wear out the opposing defense by keeping them on the field more than yours (especially if you run a lot), 2) when you burn clock between plays, you have fewer plays in a season and, therefore, fewer injuries. So, using the hurry-up offense the whole game (or especially season) could be detrimental to your team's health, even if it is effective.

Kubiak does this. He calls run plays that get 5 yds. on 2nd and 3 or 8 yds. on 2nd and 10. He calls for a screen to James Casey when nobody in the whole stadium is paying any attention to James Casey. I don't know why he thinks Foster can carry the ball 400 times in a season a get away with it, but he does a lot of things right, whether they seem exciting or not.

Only thing I KNOW Kubiak does wrong is choosing a DC...

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #25
DaTruthExplodes
Anti-Homer

Rep Power: 0 DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Few things I don't think I had really thought about in years past:

When you control the clock and eat time in games, you accomplish 2 primary goals: 1) you wear out the opposing defense by keeping them on the field more than yours (especially if you run a lot), 2) when you burn clock between plays, you have fewer plays in a season and, therefore, fewer injuries. So, using the hurry-up offense the whole game (or especially season) could be detrimental to your team's health, even if it is effective.

Kubiak does this. He calls run plays that get 5 yds. on 2nd and 3 or 8 yds. on 2nd and 10. He calls for a screen to James Casey when nobody in the whole stadium is paying any attention to James Casey. I don't know why he thinks Foster can carry the ball 400 times in a season a get away with it, but he does a lot of things right, whether they seem exciting or not.

Only thing I KNOW Kubiak does wrong is choosing a DC...

what about sticking with underperforming players (travis johnson,zac diles,amobi okoye, jacoby jones, kevin walter, and now his latest project kareem jackson) for far too long? Looks like conor barwin will be joining that list soon.
Old 10-11-2012   #26
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
what about sticking with underperforming players (travis johnson,zac diles,amobi okoye, jacoby jones, kevin walter, and now his latest project kareem jackson) for far too long? Looks like conor barwin will be joining that list soon.
If you don't think Kareem Jackson is playing excellent football this year then you've already played your hand.
Old 10-11-2012   #27
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 249243 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

I just dont like Kubiak's conservative play not to lose philosophy. I wish he would adapt a ballsy, aggressive, play to win Bill Bellicheck attitude.

Screw not trying to ruffle opposing coaches sensibilities. Go for a touchdown. Step on their throats and put up 40. I hate Kubiak always trying to be nice.
I think this gets overplayed.

When the offense is clicking, Kubiak keeps pushing. If we're struggling to get a 3rd & 1, or a positive gain on 1st down... he eases up a bit. Just like you & the rest of us, Kubiak probably doesn't trust this team to not let little mistakes snowball us out of games.

Snake bitten maybe, but I'm okay with that. He'll play his game, get his points, until that's not good enough to win. We'll beat some teams by 20+ some teams by 6. I'm good with that. But if Matt keeps throwing the ball into coverage, like he was Monday night, or if Arian keeps tripping over his own feet, like our OL was in the second half... I'm fine with playing the field position game & asking our defense to win the game.

Part of the luxury of building a well balanced team.

bye-the-bye, I bet Ben Tate would have gotten more carries Monday night, if he had suited up.
Old 10-11-2012   #28
DaTruthExplodes
Anti-Homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
If you don't think Kareem Jackson is playing excellent football this year then you've already played your hand.
kareem has improved slightly considering he was atrocious his rookie year. There's only one way to go if you're at the very bottom. I still think he's a weak link being covered up by an excellent pass rush.
Old 10-11-2012   #29
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Was Johnson gone before Kubiak got here?

Diles was backup.

Amobi was a bust but he was a first round bust. You can cut ties with a first rounder after 2-3 years. Too much invested.

Jacoby was garbage...I think everyone was perplexed on this one.

Not sure what you have against the "cap friendly" Kevin walter but the dude is a great asset to this team.

Once again, Kareem Jackson was a first rounder. Do you want him to cut him in his third year???? Im glad you arent our coach although I wish you were another one of our opponents coaches. The kid is playing at a pretty high level this season so I think you need to either watch the games a little closer or quit watching the past two years of games

In regards to your Kareem Jackson hatred...are you actually EllisUnit????
Old 10-11-2012   #30
2slik4u
All Pro

Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
Was Johnson gone before Kubiak got here?

Diles was backup.

Amobi was a bust but he was a first round bust. You can cut ties with a first rounder after 2-3 years. Too much invested.

Jacoby was garbage...I think everyone was perplexed on this one.

Not sure what you have against the "cap friendly" Kevin walter but the dude is a great asset to this team.

Once again, Kareem Jackson was a first rounder. Do you want him to cut him in his third year???? Im glad you arent our coach although I wish you were another one of our opponents coaches. The kid is playing at a pretty high level this season so I think you need to either watch the games a little closer or quit watching the past two years of games

In regards to your Kareem Jackson hatred...are you actually EllisUnit????
Just looked on TJ, he was here for two years when Kubiak was here. Not sure that is considered a "long time".
Old 10-11-2012   #31
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 249243 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
kareem has improved slightly considering he was atrocious his rookie year. There's only one way to go if you're at the very bottom. I still think he's a weak link being covered up by an excellent pass rush.
Watch how long QBs are having to hold on to the football. Our pass rush owes more to our coverage this year than it did last year or anytime before since Kubiak has been here. Most of the sacks are coming after 3 seconds, our pass rush means our secondary doesn't have to cover for more than 4.
Old 10-11-2012   #32
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 93152 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
Well you can't say *****, ******, ********, ****, ****, ****, *****, or David C#$$, but other than that it's pretty relaxed!
David Carr, David Carr, David Carr.

See you can say it.

As for the OPs points.

KW is vital to the teams scheme with his run blocking and the guy seems to get open quite a lot.

KJ is also much improved and I don't think it is pass rush making him look good because outside Watt not sure we are killing it on the pressure. In fact pretty sure a lot of people are riding Barwin pretty hard for being a non factor and our ILBs don't get much push either.

As for Kubiak, you can see a gradual improvement every season he's been here so you can't really complain too much surely. It is pretty obvious he would rather be sure of holding a lead than try to expand it and risk losing it, and so far that hasn't failed. His one fault is probably loyalty, but I am sure that same loyalty is rewarded and returned by his team so it is a double edged sword.
Old 10-11-2012   #33
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 128458 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You really need to take Walter and KJ off this list.

Walter is one of the hardest working players in football. Most teams would benifit from having him.

And no love for KJ? He is playing phenomenal! One our best defensive players at the moment.

You want a job scouting for the tacks?
Old 10-11-2012   #34
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And there it is. You're officially relegated to premier and ckhouston status...
Old 10-11-2012   #35
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Woah, hold up there. That list is probably the most inaccurate list I have seen. I think you are looking form more "exploding" players as opposed to the players that work in our system.

I'll give you Jacoby. I would say maybe he drafted Holiday to get rid of Jones, but that was more of coach Joe than it was Kubiak. Still no way Jones should have been with us for as long as he was, so I give you that.

Kevin Walter may not be fast, but he gets the job done especially when it comes to blocking. He is a great blocking WR which Kubiak loves for his run game and screen plays. He can also get it done when he is called on. Seriously, the dude is clutch. I mean, he did catch the playoff clinching TD pass last season, and did you see that 50 yd pass from Schaub in Denver? Walter deserves a lot more credit than what you seem to be giving him.

Every other player that you listed are Defensive Players. Kubiak normally lets his DC take care of the defensive players. It has been that way ever since he got here. Seriously, Travis Johnson was the first round pick up in 2005? Maybe even 2004? I know he was gone BY 2007, if not sooner. Bottom line is, he was drafter long before Kubiak was even a candidate for HC. Diles was a baackup LB, who once again was the responsibility of the DC. Okoye was a bust, but there is a reason Kubiak is an offensive playcaller. He doesn't know defensive players that well, so he doesn't handle a defensive pick. Finally there is KJax. Are you stuck in 2010 brother? Jackson has made nothing but improvement since his rookie season. Idk if you weren't watching, but they barely threw at him on Monday night, and had the game clinching pick. The majority of this board agrees that he has been getting really good, a lot better than what he was in 2010. Even though he is getting good, Kubiak had NOTHING to do with his improvement. That, like every other defensive player on our team, is the responsibility of Wade. Not Kubiak. Barwin has not shown up this season, but once again it is up to Wade to make sure he improves or not.

Finally, I want to point something out. You say Kubiak has been and still is "too nice" A common knock on him for a while was the fact that he hng on to his players for too long. (I.E. Jacoby Jones) I think that changed at the beginning of last season. People within the organization have said that Wade brought a certain swagger with him. I think it has rubbed off on Kubiak and we have seen it. He looks more fiery now than what he has been in past years. Normally he would stick with a player like holiday, especially after the preseason he had. Obviously, since he didn't show up at all during the season, he wasn't going to make the same mistake again and cut him before he cost us a game.

So I think your lack of trust for Kubiak is a little dated. I mean, under him and Wade, we are off to the best start ever in the City of Houston. Even when our defense was bad, our offense was still good and continued to improve. Which is why I was probably one of the 5% of people who didn't want Kubiak to get fired. Now we have a potential super bowl team. So yeah.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #36
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 225723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
thank you kindly sir. I hope you guys are not as strict as the houstontexans.com message board mods. Those guys are out of control.

I just dont like Kubiak's conservative play not to lose philosophy. I wish he would adapt a ballsy, aggressive, play to win Bill Bellicheck attitude.

Screw not trying to ruffle opposing coaches sensibilities. Go for a touchdown. Step on their throats and put up 40. I hate Kubiak always trying to be nice.
First, This ain't college.
You don't move up the rankings because you embarrassed your opponent on the scoreboard. The most important stat, maybe the only important stat is WINS. In the NFL it's standings that count and right now we're up by 3 or 4 of those puppies on everyone in our division. And OBTW, the only guaranteed way to make the playoffs is win your divison.

Second, you have a mis-informed view of Belichicks offense. Do you know that we're second in rushing attempts per game so far this season. Guess who's first... that's right New England. Belichick's offense - at least the 2012 edition - runs the ball MORE than Kubiak's does.

Third, New England does lead the NFL in the pts/game dept with 33.0. We're fourth with 29.8 pts/game. So whatever offense we're running it's dang close to being as effective as Belichick's. There's really only field goal's difference - per game - between the two. Sooo what's all the hubbub? Oh I know, it's all those Tom Brady highlights they show on the EastCoast States Propaganda Network. Yeah, it's soooo easy to get caught up.

Fourth, ALL coaches play not to lose Belichick included. They not only play not to lose the game but, like JHam said, they play not to lose key players. You will not see Tom Brady slinging it around the yard if it's midway thru the 4th qtr and they have a double-digit lead. He'll have Brady handing it off to that RB-by-committee backfield or doing a quick, three-step drop pass if it happens to be 3rd & long. He won't be risking Tom Terrific getting hurt when it's unnecessary.

Oh and welcome to the board. Seriously.

I'm Obs, former president of the Sunshine Club (we disbanded with all the damned bandwagoners). I've been known to see positives back when we were losing.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #37
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 251959 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm still not a huge Kubiak fan either but I've come to the conclusion that he's going to get as long as it takes to become great so I might as well accept it and hope for the best because he isn't going anywhere. In light of that..... "Yeah Kubiak!"

We all want the same things where the Texans are concerned. We want wins and success. As Arian said, we all want to smile at the end of the day. I'd have gone another way but it's not my team so McNair gonna do what McNair wanna do. I just hope he's right and at the moment I'm enjoying the wins. Eventually you just get tired of finding the dark cloud in ever day of the football season. It stops being fun being a football fan if you can't learn to accept that everybody's team does some crazy ****ed up **** that no rational person can explain. I know it did for me.
Old 10-11-2012   #38
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 21296 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected

I've noticed this year and last that Kubiak's approach to playcalling has become only slightly more aggressive. When I can look at my son and predict the playcall before it happens--and whether or not it works and come pretty close on yardage gained/lost; that my friends is predictable. Is it all the time? No. But 20 plays a game is just too much.

I think that Kubiak sometimes, maybe oftentimes tries to outthink the room. I think that last week had some pretty descent playcalling throughout. I can say that I somewhat share the concern as to where the playcalling will take us.

HOWEVER, one of the admirable qualities of leadership is surrounding yourself with good people. None of us could've known how impactful Wade would be for our team. We all knew (hoped) that Wade was a quality DC, but we didn't know the spark that he would bring to Houston and our fanbase. I see more Texans gear that I have in 10 yrs. How much is do to bandwagon fans--some. But let's be honest, Wade and his smash-mouth D have brought that spark--not Kubes.

Some coaches are aggressive and others are not. The bigger question, can Kubiak get the job done? Last year and this year--yes. Can we make a deep push into playoff territory? That remains to be seen.

I sure as heck hope we can!

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #39
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
First time here long time suffering texan fan since the very beginning.

I know we have a gaudy 5-0 record and kubiak is getting a lot of superficial praise by outsiders but to me, he is still the same old kubiak.

His play calling still perplexes me (his perpetual 2nd & 10 run plays are driving me insane), he still doesnt give ben tate enough reps, he still trots out kevin walter and kareem jackson out there, joe marciano is still out there (still loyal to a fault & detrimental to team success), & his conservative philosophy will cost us dearly later on in the season.

As for schaub, ive been one of his biggest critics. He gained a lot of respect from me in that denver game but i still dont trust him. Our offense stalls far too many times and we have to settle for field goals. His decision making is still shaky and i worry how he will fare in the postseason. I dont understand how a guy who has never played in the playoffs and is always injured have so much support in this town.

Yes, we are 5-0, but it looks like fool's gold to me. We havent played anybody that you can say is a great team. We should beat Green Bay but the pack are not the same and are injured. Baltimore should provide a stiff test but i feel like we have to beat the patriots in order for our greatness to be verified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Welcome to the MB.

Be kind people.
Really Chris??!!!? These are the dumbass posts that have run me off this board...

What a freakin' asshat!
Old 10-11-2012   #40
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 264718 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
First time here long time suffering texan fan since the very beginning.

I know we have a gaudy 5-0 record and kubiak is getting a lot of superficial praise by outsiders but to me, he is still the same old kubiak.
The same guy whose offense won a couple of Super Bowls.

Quote:
His play calling still perplexes me (his perpetual 2nd & 10 run plays are driving me insane),
That's frequently the best time to run and the worst time to pass. Doesn't bother me at all. If you've got a runner that can pick up 5-6 yards on a second down run and put you in position to pick up the 1st down, do it. No need to get all 10 yards on 2nd down.

Quote:
he still doesnt give ben tate enough reps,
I don't know. Do you think that might be because Ben fumbled the ball and almost cost us the Denver game or because he's been injured?

Quote:
he still trots out kevin walter and kareem jackson out there,
Because they're just the best guys at their position that we have on the team? Are you stuck in 2010 with Kareem Jackson? Cause... he's a good CB now. And Kevin, he's playing really well this year.

Quote:
joe marciano is still out there (still loyal to a fault & detrimental to team success), & his conservative philosophy will cost us dearly later on in the season.
Strange thing is, Joe isn't even his guy.

Quote:
As for schaub, ive been one of his biggest critics. He gained a lot of respect from me in that denver game but i still dont trust him. Our offense stalls far too many times and we have to settle for field goals. His decision making is still shaky and i worry how he will fare in the postseason. I dont understand how a guy who has never played in the playoffs and is always injured have so much support in this town.
Jeez. What's a guy got to do? Lead the league in passing? Oh, yeah, right, he's already done that. Throw for the 6th most yards in a single season ever (by 2010 standards)? Oh, yeah, he did that. Put us in position to win game after game in the 4th quarter? Oh, yeah, he's done that... even if the defense pissed it away or someone dropped a pass.

Quote:
Yes, we are 5-0, but it looks like fool's gold to me. We havent played anybody that you can say is a great team. We should beat Green Bay but the pack are not the same and are injured. Baltimore should provide a stiff test but i feel like we have to beat the patriots in order for our greatness to be verified.
From your post, it's pretty obvious that you're straight out lying. You need to be honest, at least with yourself. You don't like Kubiak and you don't like Schaub. Doesn't matter who they beat or don't beat. Doesn't matter what record they get.

You don't like them and so you're going to find reasons to not like them. You say you like the team but you don't like the main players and the coach. And I'd guess you'd probably prefer that we go on a losing streak so we could get rid of them and get some guys in here that you do like.

I like to win. I like coaches that win games. We haven't won enough here and I would have fired Kubiak a couple of years ago even though I've defended him over the years.

Do you know what a killer instinct is? Pounding the rock over and over and throwing short passes and getting just enough yards to get a first down and going on long assed drives that grind down the clock when you're up on someone. THAT'S a killer instinct.

There aren't a lot of coaches who'll get up on an opponent and then keep slinging the ball around. It's not because they're gutless. It's because coaches who do that don't keep their jobs very long. You lose a lot of games you should have won when you do that.

The thing about guys like Belichick and Parcells is that they aren't the risk takers some people seem to perceive them as. They will occasionally take calculated risks but normally, if they have the chance, they'd call plays just like Kubiak does. Because it wins games. And sometimes when Belichick takes risks, it's because he doesn't trust his defense and some of those risks have backfired and lost him games he should have won.

But none of that really matters to you. Because you just don't like the guys we've got.

And that's OK. Maybe we will go on a big losing streak and you'll get to say "I told you I didn't trust these guys."
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read