Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-12-2012   #21
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A new pre-game chant that's going around

They were doing this last year too, caught this coming up the west ramp one game, not bad. I was a little tipsy and might have joined in...
Old 10-12-2012   #22
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxDavid View Post
Came across this pre-game chant on facebook. Whatcha think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=BtsUSXxlZ9c
Not as catchy as J-E-T-S JETS!!! JETS!!! JETS!!! or
Fly Eagles, Fly on the road to Victory...... E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles.....

Not as Lame as just saying Houston........ Texans..... Houston... Texans....

I like how the "organization" is trying to change that to "WE ARE... TEXANS!!" but being that this is coming from the fans, I like it more.
Old 10-12-2012   #23
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 9715 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Ha ha, I've ran into these guys before. They've been doing it for a couple seasons now.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #24
pissknocker
Veteran

Rep Power: 968 pissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respected

Whats funny is the old guys think its lame. But Texans fans are getting younger and younger and this it what appeals.

I like it and got to see it after Churrascos for the Opening game and walked with them all the way to the gates. I don't think it will catch on in masses but its pretty cool when their group does it. just my.02
pissknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #25
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm old(er), and I don't think it's lame. Cheesy? Yes. But not lame.

I think anything fans do to pump themselves up as a 12th man is great. I applaud these guys for effort, even if it's something that is not going to catch on with the general public.

I like the attitude behind it, but I think it's too long. The classic chants are short and sweet, easy to remember and easy for thousands of fans to yell together.
Old 10-12-2012   #26
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pissknocker View Post
Whats funny is the old guys think its lame. But Texans fans are getting younger and younger and this it what appeals.

I like it and got to see it after Churrascos for the Opening game and walked with them all the way to the gates. I don't think it will catch on in masses but its pretty cool when their group does it. just my.02
What I think is funny is that the young guys don't know lame when they see it......

Old 10-12-2012   #27
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Not as catchy as J-E-T-S JETS!!! JETS!!! JETS!!! or
Fly Eagles, Fly on the road to Victory...... E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles.....

Not as Lame as just saying Houston........ Texans..... Houston... Texans....

I like how the "organization" is trying to change that to "WE ARE... TEXANS!!" but being that this is coming from the fans, I like it more.
Well, our fans are smarter and we already know how to spell our teams name. Why do we need a chant for it. I like it. Go sip your old man coffee and make up another chant then if this one's so bad. I think it's pretty cool when a team has an official chant and the whole stadium is rocking in unison to it.

Side story: When I lived in Japan, I went to a few of the baseball games there. Talk about fan-freaking-tastic! A pro game in Japan is like a college game here complete with drumlines, and fans get really decked out and amped up for it. Some of the most fun I've had at games (of course the Japanese have some potent beer there! lol), I would love to go to a Texans game and cheer with the fans in unison. Nothing erks me more than when people go to a game to sit down and watch it quietly. You can do that on your couch!

"What we gonna do, what we gonna do? Beat EM!" I can dig it. It's loads better than not knowing who "Dat" is or spelling out the team name. Creativity points and not biting off another song. I like that too.

Put your senior citizen judgment gavels down for a second and live a little.
Old 10-12-2012   #28
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #29
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 29448 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Well this "OLD" guys gives it his seal of approval... I was ready to strap on my pads and knock the PISS outta someone
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #30
RCPM
DILLIGAF

Rep Power: 0 RCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respected

I like it.

As heard in Denver!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQJ6WEd-xKk
RCPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #31
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 23872 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCPM View Post
I like it.

As heard in Denver!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQJ6WEd-xKk
Denver South still?

And here when they start taking are guys and become Houston North we revert back?
Old 10-12-2012   #32
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 54908 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
It's dumb and embarrassing. Just like that "Who Dat" BULL****.
I bet you shake your fist at people and tell them damn kids to stay off your lawn!

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #33
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Let me put it this way

To the chant and anyone I see doing it.

Old 10-12-2012   #34
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I bet you shake your fist at people and tell them damn kids to stay off your lawn!
I've done that before...but only because their dog was taking a massive dump in my yard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Let me put it this way

To the chant and anyone I see doing it.

Hey, we're not talking about "bulls on parade" here!
Old 10-12-2012   #35
sbalderrama
Rookie

Rep Power: 96 sbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
When the going gets tough
And the stomach acids flow
The cold wind of conformity
Is nipping at your nose
When some trendy new atrocity
Has brought you to your knees
Come with us we'll sail the
Seas of Cheese
Primus. Excellent.
sbalderrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #36
Dawgnme
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Dawgnme is a quality contributor and well respectedDawgnme is a quality contributor and well respectedDawgnme is a quality contributor and well respectedDawgnme is a quality contributor and well respectedDawgnme is a quality contributor and well respectedDawgnme is a quality contributor and well respectedDawgnme is a quality contributor and well respectedDawgnme is a quality contributor and well respectedDawgnme is a quality contributor and well respectedDawgnme is a quality contributor and well respectedDawgnme is a quality contributor and well respected

Probably is ghey to @$$holes who just do this

... but to everybody who plops down the cheese to do this

so folks can pass judgment from the couch - I say do what the ehf you want to do... and I hope it catches on stadium-wide just to p!$$ y'all off!
Old 10-12-2012   #37
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 54908 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I've done that before...but only because their dog was taking a massive dump in my yard!
That is worthy of being shot not just a fist pump.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #38
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Section: 140
Rep Power: 8759 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected

I like it, sounds crunk. Way better that "Houston" "Texans"...
TexansBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #39
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgnme View Post
Probably is ghey to @$$holes who just do this

... but to everybody who plops down the cheese to do this

so folks can pass judgment from the couch - I say do what the ehf you want to do... and I hope it catches on stadium-wide just to p!$$ y'all off!
I've been plopping down the cheese for a decade, and I'm gonna call it ghey just to piss you off.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #40
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

the problem is, if its not some 80s rock ballad you guys think its lame.

Last edited by Premier; 10-13-2012 at 11:59 AM.
Premier is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read