Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-11-2012   #21
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10263 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: IBT writer suggesting benching Barwin for Mercilus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I think that guy plays for Dallas doesn't he?

...I used to love those Leon spots.
its nigel thatch, hes an actor. i remember him from the "parent hood", a terrible sitcom with Robert Townsend and Faizon Love.. Nigel was also a minor league pitcher, he was traded from his mainor league team the schaumberg flyers for 60 cases of budwesier.. true story..
Old 10-11-2012   #22
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Link Title: "Should the Texans Bench Barwin for Mercilus?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I'm not a big fan of what barwin brings to the wolb since hes gained weight....I'm not a big fan of merciless period.

That said, i wouldn't mind seeing merci more often just to see how he's coming along. The few times I've seen him in the game he looked timid. That should go away with time. I just can't help but think if wade thought he was ready to help out he'd be helping out...
I agree in as much as Whitney is in the rotation & they see enough of him in practice. Barwin earned his job, even as a rookie, he looked special. Mercilus has that same opportunity.

With that said, loosing Cushing gives us an opportunity to get Reed, Barwin, & Whitney on the field more often. We don't need to bench Barwin to see get Merci on the field. We could also move Barwin to his natural position, where he might have a better "contract" year.
Old 10-11-2012   #23
Lucky

Rep Power: 218553 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
We could also move Barwin to his natural position...
Which is?
Old 10-11-2012   #24
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Which is?
Strong side Outside Line Backer.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read