Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-11-2012   #1
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default A Look Back

This upcoming Sunday isn't the first time the Packers and Texans have faced off on Sunday Night! Back in 2004, when ESPN still had the rights to SNF, The Packers came to Reliant to fact The Texans. I remember watching pregame coverage of the game, and there were two brothers who were on both teams. I don't remember the names of the players, but I do remember One brother was on The Texans, and one was on The Packers.

For those of us who remember that game, The Packers won on a game winning field goal 16-13.

It is interesting to note, that the next match up had us winning in Lambeau, on a game winning field goal.

It is interesting that both of the times we have faced the Packers at home, it has been a Sunday night game.

Anyone remember the game?

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #2
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A Look Back

I remember Schaub set a visiting QB passing record (414 yds) in the coldest game of the season in the NFL that year.
Old 10-11-2012   #3
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5748 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I remember Schaub set a visiting QB passing record (414 yds) in the coldest game of the season in the NFL that year.
That's what I remember the most. Was an impressive showing by Schaub that game, especially in those conditions when I thougth it would be completely the opposite outcome for him.
hookinreds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #4
sometexansfan
Blue Bomber

Rep Power: 142 sometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
I remember watching pregame coverage of the game, and there were two brothers who were on both teams. I don't remember the names of the players, but I do remember One brother was on The Texans, and one was on The Packers.
Darren and Jamie Sharper.
sometexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #5
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sometexansfan View Post
Darren and Jamie Sharper.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #6
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

I recall the game here. We had the lead at the half and at the end of the 3rd Quarter. They did most, if not all, of their scoring in the 4th. It was another "comback" win for Favre. Well, he'll get credit for a comeback, but it was Capers' conservative 2nd half game plan that lost the game for us.

Let's hope Kubiak watches that game and takes some notes. You've got to put these teams away.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read