Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-11-2012   #1
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans on upset watch?

Quote:
. And if you need another reason to like the Packers over the Texans this weekend, we've nailed our last three upset picks. Just sayin'.
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story...houston-texans

Sounds like they are due for a miss.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #2
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans on upset watch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story...houston-texans

Sounds like they are due for a miss.
After what we did to their beloved Jets, you know ESPN is begging us to lose!!!
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #3
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not ready to say Houston loses this game but I do understand where the doubt comes from. Green Bay is an elite team even at 2-3* and there are legitimate concerns for the Texans on defense with the loss of Cushing to a team already thin at the inside linebacker position.

Having said all this Houston is (in my completely biased opinion) the more rounded team and should be able to control the clock and keep the defense fresh.
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #4
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=77
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #5
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34365 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

I love the fact that they would call a Packers win against the Texans an upset... I'd still say it is a pretty even matchup without a clear favorite.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #6
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3rm0nt3r View Post
I'm not ready to say Houston loses this game but I do understand where the doubt comes from. Green Bay is an elite team even at 2-3* and there are legitimate concerns for the Texans on defense with the loss of Cushing to a team already thin at the inside linebacker position.

Having said all this Houston is (in my completely biased opinion) the more rounded team and should be able to control the clock and keep the defense fresh.
No running back, weak Oline poor defense. Need to splain yourself.
Old 10-11-2012   #7
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311116 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

The Packers, other than Arron Rodgers, are just simply not a very good team right now. The Texans are. This doesn't mean the Texans can not lose, it just means chances are the Packers are going down Sunday night. We did, after all, lose to a 2-14 team last year. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-11-2012   #8
awc713
Rookie

Rep Power: 248 awc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont want to say we have this one in the bag, but i think people are really underestimating the Texans. We'll be at home. Reliant will be bumping, and our d will definately feed of that.

Reliant is going to be a hard place for GB to simply come in to get back on track. I think this D is more than eager to prove themselves and win this game for Cush.

I'm going 27-23 Texans.
awc713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #9
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey, I'm proud we are going into games favored now.

We'll eventually get upset, its just the nature of the game.

But until we're beat, I'm going to enjoy the ride.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #10
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

There's going to be some bandwagon fans on suicide watch if we don't stay unbeaten.

All that aside, forget all the, "I'll still be proud of the Texans" talk. For what? We really haven't played anyone and we've had flat quarters and almost halves in what seems like each game we played. Everyone expects a loss @NE or @Chicago but if we are going to be a LEGIT Super Bowl contender, you need to raise the bar. We have to take at least one of those and beat the downtrodden Packers as well as the not so formideable looking Ravens. Just my .02, and of course I wouldn't mind losing the last 2 games as we rest our starters for a Super Bowl run. We must win this next game, for Cush, for Coach, for the Team and most of all for the city of Houston!
Old 10-11-2012   #11
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Any given Sunday. If I was a betting man I'd give the Texans the home field advantage ~3 points and thats about it. I think these are two fairly even teams now that we've lost the Cush
Old 10-11-2012   #12
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we likely win but really don't think we looked all that great last Sunday against an unorganized Jets team featuring their newly installed Chinese firedrill offense. The Packers will pick us apart in the middle of the field methinks. Should be a good game, but I'm not "expecting" a win.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #13
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Any given Sunday. If I was a betting man I'd give the Texans the home field advantage ~3 points and thats about it. I think these are two fairly even teams now that we've lost the Cush
Even How?

QB? GB adv
RB? Hou adv
WR? Wash (AJ healthy gives us adv)
TE? Hou adv
OL? Hou slight adv
DL? Hou adv
LB? GB adv
DB? Hou adv
ST? GB adv.

So, again, I query, even how?
Old 10-11-2012   #14
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
Even How?

QB? GB adv
RB? Hou adv
TE? Hou adv
OL? Hou slight adv
DL? Hou adv
LB? GB adv
DB? Hou adv
ST? GB adv.

RB is even.

sincerely

EM Diggy
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #15
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post
RB is even.

sincerely

EM Diggy
Stan, you are kidding correct? Also, I think QB is even if not Matt slightly in lead. We should be looking only at this season & I have Schaub ahead.
Old 10-11-2012   #16
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 39889 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
Even How?

QB? GB adv
RB? Hou adv
TE? Hou adv
OL? Hou slight adv
DL? Hou adv
LB? GB adv
DB? Hou adv
ST? GB adv.

GB will spread out the D and try to dink and dunk down the field.
Jennings, Jones, Nelson, and Driver are all quality receivers. RB Alex Green will be completely fresh and Starks is solid.

If the Packers throw quick short passes to the WR and TE the Texans wont have time to use the DL advantage and the Pack could exploit the weakness in the interior part of the field.

Rogers is an elite QB and you should never count out or underestimate the team of an elite QB.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #17
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Stan, you are kidding correct? Also, I think QB is even if not Matt slightly in lead. We should be looking only at this season & I have Schaub ahead.
Geez! Yes, he's kidding. You were part of the Great Miami/Houston RB Quality debate weren't you?

Hence the "Sincerely, EmDiggy" thing.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #18
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been watching football in Houston since the early 70's so to me every week is "upset watch". Where the Texans are concerned the only thing that's changed over the years is which way the upset will go.
Old 10-11-2012   #19
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post
RB is even.

sincerely

EM Diggy
You do know that Benson is hurt right? Or did I miss the joke?

Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #20
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys need to go back and read EM Diggy's Football Gameplan posts.

Its a running joke around here.

Y'all need to spend less time in the No Spin Zone...
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read