Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-11-2012   #21
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: Week 6 VS Packer. Lets Predict :)

I can see us thrashing the Packers, I can see them trashing us.

But it will likely be close, i'll say 24-19 Texans.
Old 10-11-2012   #22
bshep86
Rookie

Section: M&T Bank Stadium
Rep Power: 1053 bshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is one of the the four loses I predicted in pre-season so, sadly I am going to say GB 24, HOU 17.

(Please don't kill me)
Old 10-11-2012   #23
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I had us losing to the Broncos so we are ahead of the curve in my book.

Pretty sure I had us down to lose against the Packers too. Not the Packers team I was expecting to play though.
Old 10-11-2012   #24
since02
"Step 1"

Rep Power: 0 since02 since02 since02 since02 since02 since02 since02 since02 since02 since02 since02

I hate to do this but I don't foresee a W out of this one.
Loosing Cush is going to hurt us a lot, and jjo's play has been very subpar lately. I get the feeling that Rodgers is going to pick apart our D, and will force us to throw the ball to our rook receivers because Andre is not shinning like his old form... I really hope I'm wrong... I really do
I mean am I the only one disgusted with the way we played on both sides of the ball on Monday? I'm not very confident right now...
But we'll see...

Packers 34 TEXANS 24
since02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #25
pec0sb0b
on the lam

Rep Power: 2716 pec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respected

I had us 4-0 then losing to the Jets...Rex Ryan is a sneaky bastard and almost beat us again. Seriously...if you look up sneaky bastard in the dictionary you see his picture. On paper even without Cushing the Texans win this. Offensive output, though differently balanced run/pass are roughly similar, but the defensive edge goes overwhelmingly to the Texans, plus home field. I haven't seen this team play flat for more than a quarter at a time...
Texans 27-20
Old 10-11-2012   #26
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 352273 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Packers figure out having a decent RB was cramping Aaron Rodgers style: 38-16, cheeseheads.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #27
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217952 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pec0sb0b View Post
I had us 4-0 then losing to the Jets...Rex Ryan is a sneaky bastard and almost beat us again. Seriously...if you look up sneaky bastard in the dictionary you see his picture. On paper even without Cushing the Texans win this. Offensive output, though differently balanced run/pass are roughly similar, but the defensive edge goes overwhelmingly to the Texans, plus home field. I haven't seen this team play flat for more than a quarter at a time...
Texans 27-20
That SOB threw everything at the Texans .... Kitchen sink included .... and it wasnt enough.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-11-2012   #28
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

I have Aaron Rodger on my fantasy team. I will be benching him this week. He has been s-t-r-u-g-g-l-i-n-g against good defenses. Texans get enough pressure with their base package to hammer Rodgers consitantly.

Texans 27
Packers 13
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #29
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 59017 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
...Watt goes all Hulk on Rodgers Loki...
You won't like me when I'm angry. If I'm on the field, I'm angry.
Old 10-11-2012   #30
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

We'll beat the Packers. But it's a non-conferance game and I'm more concerned with the Ravens and Patsies games anyway. And Chicago. The Packers ain't packing a full load these days, so even if they have a good game, the Texans are still the better team.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #31
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshep86 View Post
This is one of the the four loses I predicted in pre-season so, sadly I am going to say GB 24, HOU 17.

(Please don't kill me)

I too had this one as a tough game at pre-season... BUT

After the past 5 weeks of watching the NFL my perception of the Packers has changed considerably. There was no doubt that last season's Packers would run their opponents off the field, scoring at will. This years packers can't do anything at will. It's taken 5 weeks, but I've come off my stance of the Packers being a well oiled machine. They are anything but. Think back and recall the packers first 5 games of which they had scored 173 points. 6 games that season they scored 40+ points. This season, after 5 they have 112 points and have YET to break the 30 points in any contest. If you don't want to buy into the old cliche of "the numbers don't lie", watch any one of their games this season.. I challenge you to walk away thinking they are that elite offense they were. Their Defense is mediocre, so...

I don't think the Texans are the best team in football right now, despite the power rankings. But they are a pretty good team.

I don't think the Packers are the worst team in football either, but they are not THAT good.

- Texans at Reliant with a Fan base(12th man) enjoying a 5-0 start, will be NUTS!!!

This is another game where I don't think Houston has to really open up the playbook much.. just line-em up and run the plays. Take what the GB defense gives you and Keep pressure on Rogers, cuz their line is struggling.

Make good choices at QB(Ahemmm.. Schaub.. DONT try forcing the ball into Andre's hands like last week). Houston doesn't get alot of penalties, so win the turnover battle and I can't see it any other way:

Texans win! 24-20
Old 10-11-2012   #32
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

If we were playing in GB I'd have to give them the benefit of the doubt, but, the 12th man will prevail in Reliant and help pull our TEXANS to 6-0!!

Our fans are FIRED up and ready to rock Reliant!! I expect this to be one of the loudest games, if not the loudest, we've ever played. Our boys need to know we are behind them 100% of the way, and when people say NEXT MAN UP, that means the fans as well!!

24-21 TEXANS!! Game ball to the fans!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #33
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

My Prediction?

Pain!

Also getting behind what's already been said by several posters I think the Texans circle the wagons and pull together this week to win one for Brian. Other teams do this all the time when adversity strikes them and the Texans are no different. The other 10 guys on that defense plus Dobbins filling in will elevate their game to make up for the loss of Cushing and this is going to be enough to hold the Packers down.
Old 10-11-2012   #34
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 12626 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

I predict I will be hoarse late into Monday.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #35
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95473 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll go with 23-14 Texans. I've watched a couple of Packer games this season, and the main reason they have the the record they have, is the poor pass protection.

But if he does get time to throw, JJoe is going to get lit up. I don't know what's wrong with him. but he has me more concerned than anything else.
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #36
PandapuffTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 338 PandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

the fans dont have alot of faith in there team to pull a upset... http://www.packerforum.com/threads/o...-thread.39854/
PandapuffTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #37
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
We will win again.

(1) We're playing at home, and (2) Dobbins is worthy of the chance he is getting, and (3) there's just bad mojo going on with the Packers' offense.

Oh yeah, Packers suddenly don't have a good RB either. Which means the D can pin their ears back and go after Rodgers who has spent more time on his back than a Bill Clinton intern.

I think a lot of posters are figuring that the Texans, since they looked human vs. the Jets AND lost Cushing, coupled with how desperate the Packers will be, are thinking this is the week we notch our first loss. Not me.

I don't think the Packers have the horses to get it done. I might even think that a dime defense would do the trick vs. Rodgers. That's right: Stack the secondary and make Rodgers suffer vs. our DTs and OLBs all night. They don't have a run game to keep us honest, folks. Think about it.
Wonder if GB would give their first for Tate after we beat them Sunday?
Old 10-11-2012   #38
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 123249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
Yes, the Packers did just lose to the Colts, and they probably still can't believe it. That is one reason why I expect the Packers to pull an upset and win on Sunday night.

While this is not the same team that won the Super Bowl two years ago, they still have some talent and a lot of pride, and they need the win more than we do. It is from the position of having their backs against the wall that the Giants turned their season around last year when no one expected it. I think that the Packers are still a dangerous team. Especially now.

Also, I think that our defense will be both weakened in talent and emotionally down because of Cush. Their will be several new Texans players in the mix on Sunday on defense and special teams, which will be an opportunity for the Packers' to exploit.

Cushing is going to prove to be a big loss to the team this season, and unfortunately it's happened on the cusp of playing the Packers, Ravens, Bears and Patriots.
Seriously....ur like 0-5
Old 10-11-2012   #39
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Seriously....ur like 0-5
There are a few on this board that I can't decide if they are just pessimists or trolls. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #40
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans - 28
Packers - 17

Watt will have 2.5 sacks, Smith 1.5 and Barwin will get his first sack of the season with Jamison getting the last sack...

OD scores the first TD on crossing pattern in the Red Zone.

Foster has 2 TDs... 1 from 12 yards out (swing pass) and the other from 6 yards out( run)

AJ gets a TD from 30+ yards out....

at least that is what I think....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Crapatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read