Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-11-2012   #21
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 62228 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Elias Sports Bureau removes sack from JJ

Elias Sports Bureau reports they have given Tim Tebow 15 TDs.
Old 10-11-2012   #22
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
haha really they can go back and change something like that after it has alreayd happened, thats B.S. I say review all the games over the last 100 years and take away bad calls or TDs that werent TDs and see how many teams lose the lombardi trophy.

Thats the dumbest **** i have ever heard.

Sure they can go back after the fact, it's not like they could change it before hand
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #23
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess nobody has ever really sacked Tebow then.

You know...

....'cause he's not really a quarterback?!
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #24
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Watt needs to locate the offices of this so-called "Sports Bureau" and sack a few folks there. Then maybe they'll change their minds.
Old 10-11-2012   #25
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

I was kinda ticked at this until I watched the video...

Courtesy of TexanstalkTube

If you haven't seen the TexansTalkTube thread Check it out!

at the 2:56 point in the video (8:07 on the game clock) Tannehill trips on his way to hand off the ball and JJ falls on him for the sack.

That being said, I've never heard of going back and altering stats....doesn't mean it hasn't happened, I've just never seen it.

btw... WTF do the Dolphins care about that anyway?
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #26
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84705 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like the Dolphin's center should be credited with the sack.
Video: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...headline_stack

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #27
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Does it really matter?? I mean really, does it.. it is a sack, ok, good for his stats, but so what, if not a sack, then what, a TFL... I am ok with that. Either way is fine with me.. Did they not win the game anyway....
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-11-2012   #28
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post
I was kinda ticked at this until I watched the video...

Courtesy of TexanstalkTube

If you haven't seen the TexansTalkTube thread Check it out!

at the 2:56 point in the video (8:07 on the game clock) Tannehill trips on his way to hand off the ball and JJ falls on him for the sack.

That being said, I've never heard of going back and altering stats....doesn't mean it hasn't happened, I've just never seen it.

btw... WTF do the Dolphins care about that anyway?
You can actually link directly to the time on the video that you want. Click the "Share" button below the video, then click options and check "start at" box. Then set the time to whatever you want, and copy the link above it.
http://youtu.be/t4FCITzQ4qQ?t=2m51s

I can't really argue against removing this sack though. It looks like Tannehill was going to hand it off to Bush. It's not that big of a deal though, we still won the game, and that's what counts.
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #29
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40550 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
Does it really matter?? I mean really, does it.. it is a sack, ok, good for his stats, but so what, if not a sack, then what, a TFL... I am ok with that. Either way is fine with me.. Did they not win the game anyway....
We all know it doesn't really matter. People are mainly commenting how dumb it is to go back all the way to a week 1 play and change stats. Especially on that play, because I guess someone from the Dolphins told them it was going to be a run play. Yes, it looks like a run play, but how do we know it wasn't going to be a play action fake? Also, does that mean if a run play is called, and somehow the defender tackles the QB before he hands off the ball, it's not a sack?

We know the stats don't really matter, but just multiple levels of dumb here.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #30
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84705 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I liked one of the comments left on the link I posted above. "Why can't they go back and change the Packer-Seahawk score?"

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #31
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Watt needs to locate the offices of this so-called "Sports Bureau" and sack a few folks there. Then maybe they'll change their minds.
He needs to go Terry Tate Office Linebacker on their ass.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #32
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
We all know it doesn't really matter. People are mainly commenting how dumb it is to go back all the way to a week 1 play and change stats. Especially on that play, because I guess someone from the Dolphins told them it was going to be a run play. Yes, it looks like a run play, but how do we know it wasn't going to be a play action fake? Also, does that mean if a run play is called, and somehow the defender tackles the QB before he hands off the ball, it's not a sack?

We know the stats don't really matter, but just multiple levels of dumb here.

The dumb part is the move by the Dolphins not Elias. It didnt take Elias 4 weeks to go back to week one Im sure they didnt go back until they received the Dolphins request
Old 10-11-2012   #33
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 11734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
You can actually link directly to the time on the video that you want. Click the "Share" button below the video, then click options and check "start at" box. Then set the time to whatever you want, and copy the link above it.
http://youtu.be/t4FCITzQ4qQ?t=2m51s

I can't really argue against removing this sack though. It looks like Tannehill was going to hand it off to Bush. It's not that big of a deal though, we still won the game, and that's what counts.
bootleg?
Old 10-11-2012   #34
ItsMyFault
It's on me.

Rep Power: 488 ItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respected

lol If he's 1 sack off from breaking the record, that'll suck.
Old 10-11-2012   #35
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
I liked one of the comments left on the link I posted above. "Why can't they go back and change the Packer-Seahawk score?"
QFT!!! If the NFL wants to get revisionist, then they should start with that bogus call that cost the Packers a game.
Old 10-11-2012   #36
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
QFT!!! If the NFL wants to get revisionist, then they should start with that bogus call that cost the Packers a game.

Elias sports and the NFL are two different things and Im sure Elias isnt overturning NFL decisions
Old 10-11-2012   #37
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
Elias sports and the NFL are two different things and Im sure Elias isnt overturning NFL decisions
"The Elias Sports Bureau, official statistician of the NFL..."

Does the official records of the NFL change with their decisions or not?
Old 10-11-2012   #38
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
"The Elias Sports Bureau, official statistician of the NFL..."

Does the official records of the NFL change with their decisions or not?

The record changes but its not a decision the NFL makes and in no way could be connected to changing the f-up that occured in the packers game
Old 10-11-2012   #39
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
The record changes but its not a decision the NFL makes and in no way could be connected to changing the f-up that occured in the packers game
My point is that if the NFL can go back and change records, then they should rectify the most glaring mistake of the season so far.

The NFL's "decision" was purely a CYA public relations debacle to avoid the simple fact that they hired incompetent officials.

Understand my point is rhetorical in nature. I have absolutely no expectations for the NFL to actually do the right thing. I know better than to expect anything of the sort from this league.
Old 10-11-2012   #40
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
LOL, good one!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read