Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-14-2012   #1
RCPM
DILLIGAF

Rep Power: 0 RCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Pink...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJXzhR0LJ-Y
RCPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #2
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pink...

It's breast cancer awareness month.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #3
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

lol wow
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #4
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

texans will be wearing there blue jerseys and white pants

should of been white white goes better with pink
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #5
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79206 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully they're just cards or something. I don't want to be looking at pink all game.

You know, I love boobs as much as the next guy, and I know it's for cancer (I know way more than I'd want to know about cancer), but really....the pink stuff is overboard.

Have everyone wear a ribbon on their jersey or helmet and paint the ribbon on the field.

Simple is better.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #6
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 35618 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

I like it. Great way to bring about awareness and support. Plus, I do like a little change up now and then.
Old 10-14-2012   #7
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79206 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd rather have a sea of red on Sunday Night Football.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-14-2012   #8
DaTruthExplodes
Anti-Homer

Rep Power: 0 DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes
Thumbs down Re: Pink...

all this pink breast cancer awareness is nothing but a sham.

A TOTAL CORPORATE SHAM SO YOU CAN BUY PINK NFL GEAR being masqueraded and packaged as some righteous moral health cause.

Not buying it.
DaTruthExplodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #9
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTruthExplodes View Post
all this pink breast cancer awareness is nothing but a sham.

A TOTAL CORPORATE SHAM SO YOU CAN BUY PINK NFL GEAR being masqueraded and packaged as some righteous moral health cause.

Not buying it.
Don't the proceits benefit the cause?

Mallet: The Texas Hammer!
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #10
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29204 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected

There's a disconnect between Mr. Rogers and his offensive line? Oh my, so many of our guys are going to have fun with that.
Ranger Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #11
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314353 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
Don't the proceits benefit the cause?
Anytime large corporations do something for the public good it should be cause for celebration, not ridicule. A lot of companies do things in different ways to raise money for charities. For instance, at Memorial Hermann they sell “Jeans Day” passes whereby you can purchase passes to wear your blue jeans to work bypassing the normal dress code. The money goes to different charitable organizations, like the United Way and such. It’s a good thing.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #12
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Anytime large corporations do something for the public good it should be cause for celebration, not ridicule. A lot of companies do things in different ways to raise money for charities. For instance, at Memorial Hermann they sell “Jeans Day” passes whereby you can purchase passes to wear your blue jeans to work bypassing the normal dress code. The money goes to different charitable organizations, like the United Way and such. It’s a good thing.
That's why I was asking. I wasn't entirely sure if the proceits benefited breast cancer organizations. Since it does, I don't think it is a "sham" at all, like what DTE said.

Mallet: The Texas Hammer!
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #13
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 8443 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's a link arguing DTE's case. The NFL is doing charitable work, for which they should be commended. The 5% donation seems a little small, but that's a matter up for debate.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #14
TdotTexas2Step
All Pro

Rep Power: 1976 TdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
Here's a link arguing DTE's case. The NFL is doing charitable work, for which they should be commended. The 5% donation seems a little small, but that's a matter up for debate.
And here's a link that says the opposite.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...k-merchandise/

There's no way for anyone outside the NFL to truly know.
TdotTexas2Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #15
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3891 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder how long that took.
Old 10-14-2012   #16
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

there just cards no way they took all the seats out LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #17
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 38175 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Between Matrix and now DTE...I have no f'n clue who hates everything the most.

Give 'em a hug, someone.
Old 10-14-2012   #18
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Between Matrix and now DTE...I have no f'n clue who hates everything the most.

Give 'em a hug, someone.
LOL. At least DTE can make reasonable arguments in complete sentences. We had a few months this past offseason where this board had an influx of new posters spelling like 5th graders.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #19
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #20
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate looking at the pink crap on the uniforms but at the same time I understand it's for a good cause so by no means am I saying they should stop doing it. I'd just like to point out that due to a number of poor Texans performances in October in years past I've got this irrational connection in my head. When they have the pink crap on they play terrible. I know it's just a coincidence and the pink has nothing to do with it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read