Winning the Super Bowl

Team Conf App Conf Win SB Win 16-0 15-1
HOU 63.4% 36.8% 18.0% 0.6% 4.2%
ATL 58.0% 32.6% 17.7% 1.8% 9.4%
NE 48.2% 26.7% 14.0%
SF 40.4% 22.3% 12.9% 0.5%
CHI 33.5% 17.1% 9.4% 0.5%
BAL 36.8% 17.0% 7.1% 0.3%

very encouraging from football outsiders, their metrics have proven to be pretty prophetic - though as said a million times, injuries can derail everything.

Texans also remain at No. 1 on AP votings.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/20526647/ap-pro32power-rankings-ap-pro32power-rankings

The Associated Press Pro32 NFL Power Rankings, as voted by a 12-member panel, with first-place votes in parentheses, records through Oct. 9, total points based on 32 points for a first-place vote through one point for a 32nd-place vote, and previous ranking:

W L T Pts Pvs

1. Houston Texans (10) 5 0 0 382 1

2. Atlanta Falcons 5 0 0 367 2

3. San Francisco 49ers (2)4 1 0 363 3

4. Baltimore Ravens 4 1 0 342 4

5. New England Patriots 3 2 0 333 6

6. Chicago Bears 4 1 0 330 9

7. New York Giants 3 2 0 305 11

8. Minnesota Vikings 4 1 0 294 14

9. Pittsburgh Steelers 2 2 0 273 15

10. Arizona Cardinals 4 1 0 270 5

Same with NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000078850/article/nfl-power-rankings-week-6-packers-drop-bears-rejoin-top-five

Our top-ranked team didn't look amazing Monday night, but the Texans still were in control throughout, as they've been all season (unlike the 49ers and Falcons). With the effectiveness of its ground attack, Houston makes it so tough on teams to climb back into games. Arian Foster put up a 152 spot in the rushing column against Rex Ryan's defense. Combine that with a relentless front seven on defense and the perfect Texans are still No. 1.

The score of the 49ers and Jets game was actually fairly close until late. It was only 10-0 until the last couple of minutes of the 3rd quarter. The Jets just quit against the Niners.

The effort level and energy of the two games weren't even close. They brought everything they had in their playbook against the Texans to try to turn their season around. (fake punt, onside kick, wildcat) They still couldn't break through.

Comparing what the Texans and 49ers both did to the Jets on the road is complete idiocy. The Jets had more reason to play much better on primetime national TV coming off a 34-0 loss. I believe the Texans can beat the 49ers, home or road. Until the Texans lose a game they deserve to be ranked number one. The Falcons deserve to be number two until they lose. The Brian Cushing injury just makes this team more hungry, Other players will step up. Our offense knows it has to start scoring more Touchdowns in the red zone.

Which is the best team in the NFL is subjective, and lessor teams can beat better teams depending on which way the wind is blowing that day.

I think instead of ranking teams in order, they should be ranked in groups of five. The Texans would be in the top five along with the 49ers, Falcons, Patsies and either the Ravens or the Bears.

Who cares what the polls say this isn't college football, the NFL has a playoff system which will decide definitively which team(s) are the best.

Who cares what the polls say this isn't college football, the NFL has a playoff system which will decide definitively which team(s) are the best.
People will still find some type of fault. A lot of people still call the Giants big-time flukes and they're the defending Super Bowl champions. People still talk about how Wes Welker dropped that beautiful Tom Brady pass late in the game which cost the Patriots a chance to run the clock out and win. The Packers took a lot of heat last year and failed to repeat, and it was the Saints the year before that. And I guarantee you that nobody right now is drooling over how good the Packers and Saints are. Their record isn't good enough.

Even if the Texans win Super Bowl 47 there will be people in the national media that are not overly impressed. They may even spend more time talking about how the NFC champion blew the game and lost it, as opposed to the Texans winning it. They'll want to see a repeat out of the Texans before they earn any real respect. I know it sounds crazy but such is the life as a good NFL team, especially one that has only been around since 2002.

I care, in aggregate, because I'm more concerned about what happens tomorrow than by what happened yesterday. So a 5-0 record is nice, but that record doesn't help them this Sunday. However, specific team strengths and weaknesses do matter and that should show up in power ratings.

Which is the best team in the NFL is subjective, and lessor teams can beat better teams depending on which way the wind is blowing that day.

I think instead of ranking teams in order, they should be ranked in groups of five. The Texans would be in the top five along with the 49ers, Falcons, Patsies and either the Ravens or the Bears.

Hey, that's a good idea
...you can think pretty straight when you take your meds on time...
:kitten:

Back