Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-09-2012   #1
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 3280 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Please join me in a Texans tradition as we call out the last names

of our defensive...blah blah they're all on the field doing warmups.

I've only been a season ticket holder since 07 but this has always seemed less like a tradition and more like a complete crap shoot. More often than not they come out as a 'unit' and the crowd half-heartedly shouts out the names.

Is this really a tradition or are the front-office people clowning us?
Craig. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #2
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40232 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Please join me in a Texans tradition as we call out the last names

xvideo
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 286048 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post

I've only been a season ticket holder since 07 but this has always seemed less like a tradition and more like a complete crap shoot. More often than not they come out as a 'unit' and the crowd half-heartedly shouts out the names.

I started going to games in '05, became a season ticket holder in '06. Then, more often than not, they came out one at a time & it was a different experience, a better experience.

Now like you've said, they've come out together, as a symbol of unity I guess.

I think it's silly that we continue to introduce them one by one & say their names...

But if the players would rather come out as a group, I'm all for it. Like TexanBill says, it's the name on the front of the jersey, not the back.
Old 10-09-2012   #4
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

It wasn't until the last few years they started to come out as a unit. I think the offensive starters still come out one by one. Maybe it'd be better if we just started doing the offensive names? lol
Old 10-09-2012   #5
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2070 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post

I've been going to games since 2010. In my experience the defensive starters always come out one by one, but it's the offensive guys that tend to just come out as a unit with the half-hearted shouting you described.

I definitely think it has something to do with Kubiak wanting the offense to stay focused for the beginning of the game.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read