Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-09-2012   #1
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Oilers never went 5-0 ...

So they are saying that this Texans team is the first Houston NFL team to go 5-0. Congrats for that.

So Bud's teams never went 5-0. Just curious if Bud's circus ever went 5-0 after leaving Houston?

Regardless, nice to see another first.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #2
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Oilers never went 5-0 ...

The Oilers are the reason why I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. And that sucks.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #3
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Tacks went 10-0 in 2008...
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #4
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 85287 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

The Gamblers went 5-0 if I remember correctly.
Pollardized is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #5
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Never went 4-0 either.

Let's see...

in 2008 they [Titans] went 10-0 only to lose the -->Jets<--.

I can't wait to see this game, though from what I understand it was ugly.
Old 10-09-2012   #6
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post
The Tacks went 10-0 in 2008...
OK, once teams fold in the playoffs they become forgotten and I forgot about that.
Old 10-09-2012   #7
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
So Bud's teams never went 5-0. Just curious if Bud's circus ever went 5-0 after leaving Houston?
Yes, 10-0.

Also 0-5, 0-6. Won 11 in a row once, then lost 11 in a row next year.

F'em. This is our year.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-09-2012   #8
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 48384 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Never went 4-0 either.

Let's see...

in 2008 they [Titans] went 10-0 only to lose the -->Jets<--.

I can't wait to see this game, though from what I understand it was ugly.
I think it was only ugly because expectations are high. The jets are in disarray but we beat a team with a decent D. In their house on prime time. We dominated statistically, but ST killed us today.
Old 10-09-2012   #9
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33796 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

The 2008 Titans went 10-0? I surely don't remember that. Who was their starting quarterback. I'm assuming Vince Young? It would have been well past the Steve McNair days (RIP).
Old 10-09-2012   #10
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96229 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
The 2008 Titans went 10-0? I surely don't remember that. Who was their starting quarterback. I'm assuming Vince Young? It would have been well past the Steve McNair days (RIP).
They were led by Kerry Collins. TO this day I still can't figure out how the hell they got to 10-0.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #11
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm old enough to remember the Luv Ya Blue days and the Warren Moon days and I was a huge fan of the Houston Gamblers.

This Texans team is the best overall professional football franchise in the City of Houston's history.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #12
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96229 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
I'm old enough to remember the Luv Ya Blue days and the Warren Moon days and I was a huge fan of the Houston Gamblers.

This Texans team is the best overall professional football franchise in the City of Houston's history.
I will go to my grave feeling that 1993 team that blew it versus KC was the best Houston football team ever.

This one has the potential for sure to be better.

Old 10-09-2012   #13
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
I will go to my grave feeling that 1993 team that blew it versus KC was the best Houston football team ever.

I loved those Jack Pardee teams, but go back and look at the rushing stats in the games that mattered.

The Oilers rushed for 39 yards in that playoff game against KC.

That offense had nowhere near the balance that this Kubiak team has.
Old 10-09-2012   #14
toronto
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
I loved those Jack Pardee teams, but go back and look at the rushing stats in the games that mattered.

The Oilers rushed for 39 yards in that playoff game against KC.

That offense had nowhere near the balance that this Kubiak team has.
That defense was insane good. Buddy Ryan had them into killers. Sadly they choked as good as the other Run N Shoot teams.

Man was Gary Brown a quick hit as a beast.

Old 10-09-2012   #15
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post

The achilles heel of that team was no depth on the O-Line. I can't remember who it was but one of the starters was out for the first 5 games. Moon was getting killed during that stretch and the team started 1-4.

He gets back into the line up and the team reels off 11 wins. In comes Kansas City for that playoff game and that same guy gets reinjured in the 1st or 2nd QTR. Moon starts getting killed again and the team starts looking like they did during that 1-4 stretch.

BTW, this Texans team looks pretty good. Are they better than some of those Oilers teams? I won't say that yet and won't say that until they prove they won't choke as Bud's teams always did/do.
Old 10-09-2012   #16
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think that team was really known for their defense though and Big Al was one of the best players on defense that year then went on to Washington and the rest is history.

The Titans defense seemed to decline and Big Al is now a free agent...and hopefully no team on our schedule will pick him up.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #17
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

hopefully we can go 10-0
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #18
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
BTW, this Texans team looks pretty good. Are they better than some of those Oilers teams? I won't say that yet and won't say that until they prove they won't choke as Bud's teams always did/do.
Right. We won't know how they stack up until this season is over.

Those Pardee Oiler teams were a blast to watch.

That 1993 team that started out 1-4 and wound up 12-4 was freaking incredible. That defense was certainly as good as Wade's and that offense was sure fun to watch but this offense is so much more balanced.
Old 10-09-2012   #19
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

If the HOUSTON Oilers never went 5-0, this is nice. As Arian Said " Means nothing, you can fall quick."

Screw the 10-0 Titans.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #20
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Kerry Collins, and it was one of Haynesworth's "contract" years so he was playing like a monster, and Chris Johnson was actually OJ Simpson-like.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read