Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-14-2012   #61
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Concerned....

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Our defense sucked tonight.

Passing game was pretty good, it was far better than our running game.

But when the other team scores 40+ points you have to play phenomenal offense just to keep up...and our team is not used to that. We are used to our defense actually getting stops and helping out the offense.
thats my point, if we fall behind we cant throw to keep up.
Old 10-14-2012   #62
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19254 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
thats my point, if we fall behind we cant throw to keep up.
I don't think this team is used to playing like that though. That year our defense sucked they were used to having these wild shootouts...I mean they just can't flick the switch and go to that mid-game.

The points they scored so far have usually been enough to win games. I am more concerned about defense than offense right now.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #63
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
I don't think this team is used to playing like that though. That year our defense sucked they were used to having these wild shootouts...I mean they just can't flick the switch and go to that mid-game.

The points they scored so far have usually been enough to win games. I am more concerned about defense than offense right now.
i have been concerend with the offense all season. The running game minus the jets has been horrible all season. The only game our passing game has looked good is in denver. Other than that it has been our defense that has been winning us games.
Old 10-14-2012   #64
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Scahub and Andre are getting old that all i really have to say

These young pass rushers are out speeding Matt

and AJ cant run has fast anymore has he used to

add thoes two issues together and well this is what u get

some guy add the game today said something shocking i thought at the time he said "next year we need to trade Andre hes just to slow now " and u know what that kinda makes sense SHocking but makes sense
Norg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #65
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19254 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Offense isn't what it used to be sure. That's mainly because of our Oline taking a step back.

Andre did just fine tonight. If you want to call him Slow @Norg tonight wasn't the night to call him that. He showed up.

But I agree that Offense isn't elite...it's good! It used to be elite (then our defense sucked)

Right now the TExans have won games by just being balanced. Defense came out and sucked though.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #66
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 263559 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Like i said, our passing game concerns me.
Outs, slants, crossing routes..... what's not to like? It doesn't matter that we don't have a QB that can stretch the field, because right now we don't have a WR that can stretch the field.

We're probably up there with plays over 20 yards, but don't let that fool ya, that's YAC. Which is good in it's own way, but not the same as having a true deep threat, which stretches the field.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read