Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-09-2012   #161
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33797 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Cushing injury

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Ha! Funny, I originally typed out: "Brian Cushing injury"

Then someone changed it to "Torn ACL: Out for the year"

Now it's back to my original title. Weird.
Oh gosh. I hope a moderator was just doing it to jinx it not being a serious injury. I guess we'll find out tomorrow then.
Old 10-09-2012   #162
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2779 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
ESPN reporter.. nuff said.

And let's be honest here, teams aren't exactly forth coming early on. They probably listed him as questionable, because they didn't know what the hell was going on yet.. when they took him back to the locker room, he was then listed as "will not return".. that's what I'd go by.
Yea that's what I was saying. The team is more concerned with dealing with the injury than wasting time trying to figure out what to release to the public.
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #163
PandapuffTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 338 PandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw a reply looked like cushing was crying..last year he looked unstoppable seing him cry makes me think the worst...hope im wrong..
PandapuffTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #164
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
Oh gosh. I hope a moderator was just doing it to jinx it not being a serious injury. I guess we'll find out tomorrow then.
I don't blame the mod for wanting to be certain, but I would expect the worst.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #165
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 16186 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

What happened to Whitney Mercilus?
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #166
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

So have we played a game this season where our opponent HASN'T tried punk ass stuff on us?

Each game it's the same thing. This time it cost us Cushing.
Old 10-09-2012   #167
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post
What happened to Whitney Mercilus?
He isn't an ILB.

Mallet: The Texas Hammer!
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-09-2012   #168
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Any timetable on Sharpton's return?
Sharptons return doesnt concern me .... Dobbins has outplayed him at every opportunity.

Losing Cushing for any amount of time would certianly hurt .... But having a guy like Dobbins behind him is a luxury not many teams have. Dude just makes plays.

Sharpton would have to outplay Mister Alexander before he took someone's roster spot at ILB and he hasnt done that since he joined the Texans.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #169
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 16186 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
He isn't an ILB.
I'm just talking about in general. It's like he doesn't exist. but i guess that's another topic
Old 10-09-2012   #170
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26865 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Can we not have a season where key players stay healthy

I hope this is not the start of next man up, because I just

MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #171
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 163364 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
McClain_on_NFL Brian Cushing appears to be done for season with a torn ACL. Tim Dobbins replaced him. What a loss for the Texans' defense. 21 minutes ago reply retweet favorite
Oh well
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #172
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post
I'm just talking about in general. It's like he doesn't exist. but i guess that's another topic
He's a rookie, so we should go a little easy on him.

Would be nice though if he just pops up and starts to make some plays though in the absence of Cushing...
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #173
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79339 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would have rather lost by 50 than have this mother****ing **** happen.
TheMatrix31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #174
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
He's a rookie, so we should go a little easy on him.

Would be nice though if he just pops up and starts to make some plays though in the absence of Cushing...
oh I am lol . just seems like a wasted pick but we never know.
Old 10-09-2012   #175
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Players on all teams get injured for all kinds of reasons. It's pointless to dwell on those reasons.

We lost Cushing due to injury. Period. Losing key players to injury will derail this team's hopes for SB run more than anything else.

We need to say healthy. And that's where luck comes in.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #176
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Huge loss, but at least this happened early in the season, so they can adjust to the loss by the time playoffs come by.

Hope it doesn't effect us too much.

Mallet: The Texas Hammer!
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #177
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Injuries happen...... gotta deal with it and move on. Wish Cush well in his recovery if it is an ACL.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #178
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Very freaky note.... We lost Mario in the first half of the 5th game last year. Didn't hurt us too much then. Next man up!
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #179
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

I have just accepted that this is the nature of the game. You are going to lose a key/star player at some point during the season, and often it's going to be for the entire season. That is why depth and coaching is so vital in the NFL.

Most all teams are going to go through this. The Giants lost some key players on their road to the Super Bowl last season. Other teams have already lost some key players this season.

Honestly, I am not sweating losing Cush for the season. This team has too much other talent and great defensive coaching to allow Cush's absence to sink them.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #180
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Very freaky note.... We lost Mario in the first half of the 5th game last year. Didn't hurt us too much then. Next man up!
Bills fans will agree that whether Mario is in or out there is no difference, but there is already a thread on that.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read