Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-08-2012   #121
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 49664 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Cushing injury

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
wow. i really must have had one or two beers too many. I thought you said 18 months max. my bad.
Ah, no I did, I edited it. that seemed too long in my head so I looked it up...

So no, continue with your beer sir...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #122
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2778 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
They did the ACL (drawer) sign test right on the sideline immediately after the injury occurred. If they felt an acl injury theres no way they list him as questionable at that point
I think the Texans are more concerned with dealing with the injury than trying to properly categorize his status for the public. If they said he was questionable even though they knew he would be out, I don't think they really cared it was misinformation at that point.
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #123
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
He quoted someone who said that he did tear his ACL and asked that guy for a source. Not confirmed by anyone of importance.
Roland Martin is a Political guy with CNN. He is a big fan and apparently very connected.....I believe it....I guess we will see tomorrow!

Speaking out on the available ILB's Ruud should be good.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #124
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

If it IS a torn ACL, how will he be in 2013?

I am not familiar with the various ligament injuries in a knee...so am wondering if this is something you put a brace on and you're not obviously 100% but yet you're still able to function relatively well.

THoughts?
Old 10-08-2012   #125
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 49664 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Wonder if Farrior has kept himself in shape.
Don't know, maybe someone can tweet him and tell him to get ready for a phone call, because one maybe coming his way from the Texans FO...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #126
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They did the ACL (drawer) sign test right on the sideline immediately after the injury occurred. If they felt an acl injury theres no way they list him as questionable at that point
When did they list him as questionable? During the halftime interview R. Lord asked Kubiak about Cushing and without hesitation he straight up said "He's out".. he didn't sound too optimistic about it either.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #127
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Hello, my name is John... I've been following this team throughout the Kubiak years... You must be new. What is your name? and how can I help you get familiar with the way things work around here?
Hahahahaha!

Exactly.

Except it's not just the Kubiak years.

Wasn't Tony Boselli supposed to be our anchor on the O-line for many years?

Wasn't Domanick Davis/Williams supposed to be our franchise running back?
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-08-2012   #128
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Why did the title change? What new information do we have? There hasn't even been an MRI yet!
Old 10-08-2012   #129
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2778 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
Roland Martin is a Political guy with CNN. He is a big fan and apparently very connected.....I believe it....I guess we will see tomorrow!

Speaking out on the available ILB's Ruud should be good.
Ruud absolutely sucked it up last year. I would rather roll with the 2 one dimensional run stoppers
Old 10-08-2012   #130
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Cushing torn ACL .. out for the season

Title changed....

I am still holding out some hope that it is a sprain...please let it be a sprain...
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #131
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Why did the title change? What new information do we have? There hasn't even been an MRI yet!

Chuck the waterboy sent me a text message. He's definitely in the loop.
Old 10-08-2012   #132
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No ****!! Leave us at least a glimmer of hope!
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #133
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cush View Post
I think the Texans are more concerned with dealing with the injury than trying to properly categorize his status for the public. If they said he was questionable even though they knew he would be out, I don't think they really cared it was misinformation at that point.
On the local broadcast, Kubiak never said he was questionable.. He flat out said "He's out".
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #134
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

if it turns out to be a sprain the OP of this thread is getting a big dose of negative REP, because I'm officially freaking out about losing him for the year
Old 10-09-2012   #135
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

More and more reports on twitter.

Guys, this isn't looking good. At all.

Can we move on without the Cush?

I like our chances, I know he is a big blow, but our front 4 have been pretty good and the secondary as well.

The best thing coming out of this will be the defense rallying around the fallen cush and playing with more intensity.

I believe in this team.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #136
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
if it turns out to be a sprain the OP of this thread is getting a big dose of negative REP, because I'm officially freaking out about losing him for the year
Everyone is. Twitter's going nuts.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #137
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Ah, no I did, I edited it. that seemed too long in my head so I looked it up...

So no, continue with your beer sir...
Ah, ya bastid! You had me thinking I was nuts. (which I am anyway!)

But thanks for letting me off the hook.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #138
Big Poundcake
Veteran

Rep Power: 15 Big Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden cover

Dhani Jones ???
Big Poundcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #139
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52329 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
On the local broadcast, Kubiak never said he was questionable.. He flat out said "He's out".
There were some "Cushing questionable to return"s from various reputable sources on Twitter after it happened.

We got confirmation he was out after the half.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #140
The Cush
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
The Questionable listing came from ESPN's sideline reporter shortly after the injury. She later said he was ruled out.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read