Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-08-2012   #21
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 41913 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Cushing injury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post

you're not allowed cut block into the back of the leg
Gonna have to rewind then and look closer.
You're right--100%. I didn't realize it was at the back of the leg.
Didn't see it that close.

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #22
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 41913 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyFault View Post
Wellp, if he's out for the season, our defense is done.

Lets hope not.
Really? Done?
You're kidding right?

Old 10-08-2012   #23
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyFault View Post
Wellp, if he's out for the season, our defense is done.
Not quite, but the season is young and a few more key injuries like that will ruin our party.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #24
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Wrong thread

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #25
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 8443 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

they were doing the anterior drawer test on the field. and it was positive. I would be very surprised if this isn't an ACL tear. I'm hoping he's had an ACL tear on that leg in the past. only way that test is positive and you don't have an acl tear
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #26
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 86297 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
they were doing the anterior drawer test on the field. and it was positive. I would be very surprised if this isn't an ACL tear. I'm hoping he's had an ACL tear on that leg in the past. only way that test is positive and you don't have an acl tear
you could see movement on the TV?
Old 10-08-2012   #27
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 74770 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-08-2012   #28
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I would be very surprised if this isn't an ACL tear.
Same here. Crap.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #29
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

When I saw the play, I thought, done for the year. Then Cushing mouths " Why me" as he was walking off, I think he knows the enviable...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #30
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 8443 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
you could see movement on the TV?
to do it right, you have to feel the laxity in the joint. it's a very sensitive test when you can feel it yourself. I should retract my statement and say it looked positive, and the only way I'd call it positive is if I did it myself.

and they were doing the Lachman test now that I think about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lachman_test
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #31
msbbc833
Veteran

Rep Power: 578 msbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respected

Posterio-lateral hit while the knee is extended = ACL Tear until proven otherwise
msbbc833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #32
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post

OK, stupid question maybe, because evidently I missed this play completely. Did they call the penalty for clipping? Or did the refs just flat out miss it??

Old 10-08-2012   #33
digitalswim
Sleepwalker

Rep Power: 1590 digitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respected

pic.twitter.com/f9VlPQCs

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli
street clothes, on crutches RT @mikegarafolo: Every Texans player coming through with a hug and/or handshake for Cush.
digitalswim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #34
awc713
Rookie

Rep Power: 248 awc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post

that second gif made it look REALLY dirty.

i really hope the NFL does something about this. clay matthews had an interesting tweet:

Where is the NFL's protection on blocks below the waist like that on Cushing. Double standard!
awc713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #35
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 268617 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
to do it right, you have to feel the laxity in the joint. it's a very sensitive test when you can feel it yourself. I should retract my statement and say it looked positive, and the only way I'd call it positive is if I did it myself.
This is what I posted right after it happened. Just an FYI repost for those that do not know what Drawer Test entails and suggests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
What does drawer sign mean?
Drawer Sign measures what the mobility of the knee is front to back. Normal test result shows no more than 6-8 mm of laxity in either direction.

Anterior Drawer refers to a greater than that distance movement of the tibia (lower leg) from the femur (upper leg) forward, like pulling out a drawer, a laxity suggesting Anterior Cruciate Ligament Rupture (ACL rupture).

Posterior Drawer refers to a greater than 6-8 mm distance movement of the tibia from the femur backwards, like pushing the drawer back in, a laxity suggesting Posterior Cruciate Ligament Rupture (PCL rupture)

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #36
TdotTexas2Step
All Pro

Rep Power: 1976 TdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respected

This will be a huge blow to the defense if he's done for the year. I know injuries are a part of the game, but injuries always seem to find our key players.

I'm sorry, but we'll be hard pressed to find a "Next Man Up" for what Brian Cushing does with his play and leadership.

Perhaps give Barwin some snaps at ILB, and let Mercilus see the field a bit more at OLB. I just don't see how Dobbins and James can man the middle full time, especially during times where we have Cush play coverage.
TdotTexas2Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #37
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Deleted
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #38
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue View Post
Just a cut block.
Perfectly legal.
Exactly. That's why all the defenses we play ***** so much about it.
Old 10-09-2012   #39
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 268617 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Until an MRI is obtained, we won't know the exact extent of injury of the injury might be even with a positive test since both an ACL and PCL are very commonly associated with other ligament, meniscus, cartilage and/or boney damage.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #40
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 74770 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue View Post
OK, stupid question maybe, because evidently I missed this play completely. Did they call the penalty for clipping? Or did the refs just flat out miss it??
no penalty called

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read