Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-10-2012   #341
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 5916 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Cushing torn ACL .. out for season

this has greatly reduced the enjoyment of this season for me. Cushing was a great player on a historically crap defense and didn't point fingers at coaches or db's. He took crap that entire year, people saying his rookie season was all drugs and he was a bust. He is a prototypical football player in every way, more than anyone else on the Texans. Effort, attitude, physicality, mentality.

still happy we are 5-0 but the shine is of the season now.
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012   #342
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

It is what it is. I am officially over the Cushing injury. I now look at it this way, Cushing is going to be one heck of a free agent pick up this offseason and will make us even better next year! Its a done deal!

For now, we are what we are and we have who we have.... we are 5-0 and if anything the season just got more exciting. Heck, we have been spotted 5 games to start the season! The NFL is a long greuling up and down season, for EVERYBODY. Its time to buckle up for a heck of a ride and Time to MOVE ON.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012   #343
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Can we please stop with the gifs of the injury...it's becoming very morbid.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012   #344
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
What really pisses me off about this is the fact that there's no discussion of punishment for the bastard that did this. He clearly went after Cushing's knee. He got washed out of the play, got up from the ground, and went after the back of Cushing's leg. He didn't trip or stumble, and wasn't blocked into it. I think some of you saying it wasn't intentional are off your rocker. Or maybe you're confusing premeditation with intention.

If a defensive player hits an offensive player in the head, no matter what the circumstance, he's fined. He can be actively trying to avoid hitting a player in the head, but if the offensive guy ducks into it, the defenseman is fined. Here we have a guy that clearly went after Cushing, should have been flagged, and probably isn't going to be fined. It's a BS double standard. Going after a man's knee is every bit as debilitating as headhunting, perhaps even moreso.

I havent seen any talking heads or anyone from the league say it was an illegal block, in fact the heads that I saw said it was legal. Should it be against the rules? I think so and I think Clay Matthews has a great point about protecting player safety on both sides of the ball
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012   #345
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
I havent seen any talking heads or anyone from the league say it was an illegal block, in fact the heads that I saw said it was legal. Should it be against the rules? I think so and I think Clay Matthews has a great point about protecting player safety on both sides of the ball
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-brian-cushing

Quote:
It will be fascinating to see how the NFL handles this one. There is a very strong case to be made Slauson's hit qualifies as illegal as clipping because of where it took place on the field, not because of Slauson's technique.

Thats the only thing i have heard about it being a illegal ht...
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012   #346
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

I haven't looked a lot, but what the hell is Sharpton's status!!!!
Old 10-10-2012   #347
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
I haven't looked a lot, but what the hell is Sharpton's status!!!!
He's still a few weeks away.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-10-2012   #348
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 78264 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
BTW, my schedule at work had us going 5-0 with our first loss being to the Pack at home..............

PLEASE, please, please Texans prove me wrong this Sunday!!!
Can you 'splain that Lucy?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012   #349
drs23 
Veteran

Rep Power: 78264 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
This post is simply to present that Cushing has a very good chance of returning to play, and very possibly eventually to pre-injury level..........but nothing in ACL tear is entirely predictable. What we do know is that Cushing will put in elite-level effort in his rehab to give him the best chance to return to Reliant as the elite player we will recognize.
Doc, is this the same knee he had the patella (sp?) surgery on? If so how does that affect the results you posted above? (that I snipped)

Inquiring minds and the such.

Old 10-10-2012   #350
drs23 
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I think Fidd read the rule incorrectly.

It wasn't a "malicious" hit below the knee.

The defender is allowed to swipe at the quarterback's feet.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content...er_Conduct.pdf

HITTING PASSERíS KNEE
(5) A rushing defender is prohibited from forcibly hitting in the knee area or below a passer who has one
or both feet on the ground, even if the initial contact is above the knee. It is not a foul if the defender is
blocked (or fouled) into the passer and has no opportunity to avoid him;
Note 1: A defender cannot initiate a roll or lunge and forcibly hit the passer in the knee area or below, even if he
is being contacted by another player.
Note 2: It is not a foul if the defender swipes, wraps, or grabs a passer in the knee area or below in an attempt to tackle him.
SO JJ should not have been flagged in the game in Indy last year where the f'kn refs silver plattered them the game?

Old 10-10-2012   #351
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56462 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

So has that thuggish mother****er Slauson been fined and/or suspended for his blatantly dirty play that injured our defensive quarterback for the rest of the year yet or not?
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012   #352
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
So has that thuggish mother****er Slauson been fined and/or suspended for his blatantly dirty play that injured our defensive quarterback for the rest of the year yet or not?
It will prolly happen in the next couple of days or even next week.

If he's not fined I'll personally punch Roger "inconsitent" GODdell in the face!! (If I could).
Old 10-10-2012   #353
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

From his twitter

https://mobile.twitter.com/briancushing56

Trust me when I say I'll be back better than ever. I appreciate all the love and want u to know WE are STILL winning THIS year's Super Bowl.
5:32pm - 10 Oct 12y
Old 10-10-2012   #354
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7521 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Went off on a guy on twitter lol

ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012   #355
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Doc, is this the same knee he had the patella (sp?) surgery on? If so how does that affect the results you posted above? (that I snipped)

Inquiring minds and the such.
His patella tendon surgery was on the right knee. His present ACL surgery will be on his left knee. The right knee has by all rights healed without incident. One should not directly impact the other at this point.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012   #356
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
Went off on a guy on twitter lol

Why does this matter ...

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012   #357
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7521 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Why does this matter ...
B/c it tied in w/ the post above mine?
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #358
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56462 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is what we're going to miss.

Old 10-11-2012   #359
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 7306 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't he still sit on the sideline and yell at them?
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #360
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Have no fear people, the thuggish Jets player who blatantly went after Brian Cushing's knee was fined $10,000 and everything's fine now and Brian Cushing is most definitely not out for the year anymore.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read