Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-08-2012   #1
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jets' Greene: We can run on Texans

Quote:
Jets running back Shonn Greene knows how good the Texans defense is. He knows it’s the No. 1-ranked unit in the NFL.

Still, Greene said he thinks the Jets can get something going against them if they execute their game plan Monday night.

“We’ve got to try to bring it to those guys and not let them bring it to us,” Greene said. “I think our offensive line has to be a bully in this game and try to get the push on them so we can make plays. We’ve just got to execute.”

The Jets running game has been a rumor so far this season. Greene has 191 yards on 68 carries with just one touchdown. The Jets’ rushing attack ranks 24th in the league at 86.5 yards per game.
LINK to the rest...

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #2
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 27679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: Jets' Greene: We can run on Texans

Coming from one of the worst starting RBs in the NFL. He may be 4th string on our team.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #3
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh, not much smack. He just said that if his O-line does it's job, they can run.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #4
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Lol, was he supposed to say "Well it's kinda hopeless, I mean even if we execute I doubt anything positive will happen. I mean, have you seen me try to run? I suck, man!"

Is this me?
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #5
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

The Titan's O-line apparently did its job last week. And the team before that. I guess they watched some film.

Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I think teams may be able to run on us up the middle at some point this season. We rally to the ball laterally better than just about any team in the league but I think we may be exploited up the middle.

We've been up and in the lead so much that teams stop doing that or trying that....I'm interested in seeing if we hold up when we play better teams and don't have big leads.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #7
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/84...-new-york-jets

Quote:
The Jets have struggled to stop the run this season and currently are ranked 26th in the NFL with 691 yards allowed in four games.
Well, looks like Foster and Forsett should be able to run as well.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-08-2012   #8
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

The Jet players are going to say postive things about their team to hype themselves up, just like the Texan players will. No big deal.

What's happens on the field is what counts anyway, not a bunch of talk and hot air before hand.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #9
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

The only way they will run on the Texans is if they lay down a graphic of our moniker on the field and do wind sprints during practice. Get outta heeyah!
Old 10-08-2012   #10
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34365 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Defending the run has been our weakness so far... So yeah, if they do their job they can run on us. But eventually we always stop em on 3d down and get ahead.

But he is right: if they want to have a chance they need to stick to their gameplan and keep on running on us.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #11
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
Meh, not much smack. He just said that if his O-line does it's job, they can run.
I pretty much agree here .... The way he framed the statement was what they need to do to be successful .... not just that they can.

I Miss Good Schaub.

Last edited by Corrosion; 10-08-2012 at 05:09 PM.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #12
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yup. And we haven't exactly been a powerhouse at defending the run. We'll see what happens, but I wouldn't be surprsied to see him put up 80 to 100 on the ground and still lose
Old 10-08-2012   #13
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I think teams may be able to run on us up the middle at some point this season. We rally to the ball laterally better than just about any team in the league but I think we may be exploited up the middle.

We've been up and in the lead so much that teams stop doing that or trying that....I'm interested in seeing if we hold up when we play better teams and don't have big leads.
And I don't think Cody has performed as well lately for whatever reason (back?). I think the Mitch is more of a rusher than a run stopper. Hopefully Cody can step up tonight.
Old 10-08-2012   #14
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

OK, fine. Go get your 140 yards on the ground, lose by 20, and everyone goes home happy.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #15
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
And I don't think Cody has performed as well lately for whatever reason (back?). I think the Mitch is more of a rusher than a run stopper. Hopefully Cody can step up tonight.
I have to wonder how much of the Titans success on the ground was the Texans taking away what they like to do .... which is run outside, they gave up a little up the middle but limited what went to the edge .... Pretty much forcing them to sustain long drives .... they werent able to do that.

Teams get off schedule with down and distance against this defense .... and they are in trouble. Very hard to maintain long drives against.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #16
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198627 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Containment to the middle of the field with lots of hats on the ball. I smell fumbles.
Old 10-08-2012   #17
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I have to wonder how much of the Titans success on the ground was the Texans taking away what they like to do .... which is run outside, they gave up a little up the middle but limited what went to the edge .... Pretty much forcing them to sustain long drives .... they werent able to do that.

Teams get off schedule with down and distance against this defense .... and they are in trouble. Very hard to maintain long drives against.
CJ amassed another whooping 24 yds rushing yesterday. I have been wondering if the Texans didn't just troll the Titans fans by giving them a glimmer of hope that CJ was back in good running back form.

I know, I know, but still fun to think about.
Old 10-08-2012   #18
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Forget this Bozo AND Sanchez. Let T-Blow start. I want some revenge on that punk.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #19
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 71412 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
CJ amassed another whooping 24 yds rushing yesterday. I have been wondering if the Texans didn't just troll the Titans fans by giving them a glimmer of hope that CJ was back in good running back form.
That would be hilarious.

"Alright guys, lets go out there and win! But don't forget we need to crush their hopes and dreams as well. We have to let CJ run for over 100 yards. Can't think short term here. Give them hope, and then let the Vikings crush it!"
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #20
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I got him on my fantasy team and he sucks like a hoover

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read