Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012   #41
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans @ New York Jets. 7:30. 10/8. **Official Monday Night GameDay Threa

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Maybe it's just me, but I'm getting a not so good vibe about this game for some reason. I know we out match them in practically everything, but man, that feeling in my gut is getting to me
I've had it since the J'ville game, and yes the Oilers did a number on me.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #42
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans @ New York Jets. 7:30. 10/8. **Official Monday Night GameDay Threa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Yes, they did. I admit it. Probably will be that way for the rest of my frickin life.

Don't you hate it? I do. I have every reason in the world to be nothing but excited about this game and still, in this little corner of my mind where Columbia Blue left a huge pee stain after marking it's territory I feel the other shoe slowly coming down (whether it is or isn't matters not).

I'm thinking class-action lawsuit to make the Titans pay for therapy for us and those like us.
Old 10-08-2012   #43
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223945 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Don't you hate it? I do. I have every reason in the world to be nothing but excited about this game and still, in this little corner of my mind where Columbia Blue left a huge pee stain after marking it's territory I feel the other shoe slowly coming down (whether it is or isn't matters not).

I'm thinking class-action lawsuit to make the Titans pay for therapy for us and those like us.
Post of the day. Hell, that's post of the month so far.

Thorn certifies Herv's post as 100% accurate and applicable to all old Oiler fans.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #44
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 76169 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yes, I hate it. It's almost like I need a fricken lobotomy in order to really enjoy this season. You're right, I'm waiting pessimistically for the other shoe to drop, so it makes it agonizing instead of fun watching the game. And my wife, she wasn't around for the Oilers, so she doesn't understand it.

And yes, I need therapy.

F the Oilers.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #45
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Post of the day. Hell, that's post of the month so far.

Thorn certifies Herv's post as 100% accurate and applicable to all old Oiler fans.
I think there's a whole slew of us in the same boat. I was I'm in for the lawsuit!!

Let me know I'm only 3 hours from Nashville-maybe it'll all make us feel better if I can go over and kick Ole Bud in the shin or junk whatever.
Old 10-08-2012   #46
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Focus people, this is that gameday thread. Only positive energy allowed.

Old 10-08-2012   #47
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
Cant wait. Gonna miss the first 20 minutes but will catch the rest.

Love the notes on NFL -
What to watch: If you're at the game, watch the Jets' sideline. Emotions will be high. If you like football, however, watch the Texans on the field. No drama, no circus atmosphere, just the NFL's most efficient and well-rounded team. What will the Jets' defense be able to take away? Arian Foster in the run game? Receiver Andre Johnson and quarterback Matt Schaub will capitalize. OK, you want to stop the pass? Good luck tackling Foster with seven men in the box. If you haven't checked out the Texans, you'll see why they are so good.

Just for some amusement until game time I found this photo

#93 "Do you see what I see?"
Old 10-08-2012   #48
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Maybe it's just me, but I'm getting a not so good vibe about this game for some reason. I know we out match them in practically everything, but man, that feeling in my gut is getting to me

Chilli cheese dog for lunch?

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Yes, I hate it. It's almost like I need a fricken lobotomy in order to really enjoy this season. You're right, I'm waiting pessimistically for the other shoe to drop, so it makes it agonizing instead of fun watching the game. And my wife, she wasn't around for the Oilers, so she doesn't understand it.

And yes, I need therapy.

F the Oilers.
I know how you guys feel, I have felt that way for a long time too. But that was then, this team is different, enjoy the ride fellas!
Old 10-08-2012   #49
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

MSR! I hear ya Herv! I definitley need therapy, so I'm in!!

I can till ya this for sure. IF I was a drinker, I woulda started about 6 this morning! My nerves are SHOT for some reason today! To much friggin hype! Sometimes I wish we were the lowly underdogs so we can come out the hero's, like the meatballs did yesterday! See, there ya go, another pee stain sticking it's ugly head up in my mind!!

Just gonna continue to think positive and be ready to head to the airport to welcome our HERO'S home! Is it to soon to do that? J/K Some good memories of those Luv Ya Blue days!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #50
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #51
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120414 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

I was watching the news earlier and saw some Texans fans in New York for today's game suited up in Jerseys and wearing Joe Texan skull masks with fake multicolored dread-locks. WTF MAN!? JOE...THEY'RE RIPPIN' US OFF!!!
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #52
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

i read that floyd mayweather has bet close to 5milllion that the texans cover a 9 point victory..
Old 10-08-2012   #53
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate to blame the Oilers totally for the Doubting Thomas that causes me to be a nervous wreck every game day - or night - as the case might be. I think that watching the Texans lose for the last 9 years hasn't helped either. Being able to lose at the last minute seems like a Houston tradition.

But, with each win I'm getting better. A few more wins and maybe I'll be almost cured!
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #54
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Tic............................................... .............toc
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #55
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Tic............................................... .............toc
It's less than 3 hours now right? (It'll be 2.30am here... good thing I took a day off tomorrow
Old 10-08-2012   #56
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 78264 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
C'mon HOU-TEX, take some Pepto with a Crown Black on the rocks chaser. Your little tummy will feel just fine. *

*Not to mention it's a great set up for some killer Dutch Ovens.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #57
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Rep Power: 7456 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected

Getting out the office now! Let's GO TEXANS!!!!!!!
TexansBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #58
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
C'mon HOU-TEX, take some Pepto with a Crown Black on the rocks chaser. Your little tummy will feel just fine. *

*Not to mention it's a great set up for some killer Dutch Ovens.
Ahite, I'm gonna tie on something. Just don't know what it's going to be quite yet.

Good luck everyone! May the football Gods bless us again and we all come back to a happy TT board tomorrow.

I'm out! Going to get a long walk in before the game time blood pressure begins to escalate
Old 10-08-2012   #59
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95576 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

It begins:

Sportscenter!!
Sanchez!
JETS JETS JETS!
Tebow!
Ryan
JETS!
Tebow
Sanchez
Sanchez!
.btw texans.

SANCHEZ
TEBOW!

I hope we literally beat the physical **** out of them!
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #60
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, I'm watching Monday Night Countdown, and all they want to talk about right off the bat is how many tix the Jets fans are trying to get rid of and how bad the Jets are. They can't start out talking about how good the Texans have been. All about the Jets, good or bad.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read