Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-11-2012   #1
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default TexanChick's Q & A with Packers writer Aaron Nagler

TexanChick: Packers Q&A with Aaron Nagler + my thoughts + stats
Published on October 11th, 2012
Written by: Stephanie Stradley

Quote:
I very much enjoy the Q&A previews I do with opponent writers each week. They are among my favorite posts because I always learn something, and it gives me realistic things to look for during the game.

To borrow a word from Gary Kubiak, this week’s Q&A is “exceptional.” Why isn’t it already Sunday?

Aaron Nagler (@Aaron_Nagler) is a NFL Twitter must-follow, National NFL Lead Writer for Bleacher Report and the co-founder and lead NFL analyst for CheeseheadTV.com. Everything Packers related, well, you go to him. So I did. Here’s our Q&A:

What is different between this Packers team and previous ones? In particular, what is the dang deal with the Packers offense?
“I’ll start on the offensive side of the ball. There are a few little things that have changed from the group that put up franchise record setting numbers last year...
read more: http://blog.chron.com/texanschick/20...houghts-stats/
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #2
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TexanChick's Q & A with Packers writer Aaron Nagler

This year has been a good one for game previews with opponent writers.

This one is maybe a top 5'er since I've been doing this since 2006. Really liked how this one turned out.
Old 10-11-2012   #3
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 75563 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
This year has been a good one for game previews with opponent writers.

This one is maybe a top 5'er since I've been doing this since 2006. Really liked how this one turned out.
Great job as always, Steph. Did you do a reciprocal for the Packer's as you often do? Didn't see your usual link.

I look forward to these each week. Can't wait for the exchange on the Balti game.

BTW, was a pleasure to FINALLY meet you when you came by the Blue Crew before the Tacks game.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #4
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Great job as always, Steph. Did you do a reciprocal for the Packer's as you often do? Didn't see your usual link.

I look forward to these each week. Can't wait for the exchange on the Balti game.

BTW, was a pleasure to FINALLY meet you when you came by the Blue Crew before the Tacks game.
Didn't do a reciprocal one this week. Did a pretty good one the week before though.

Biggest difference would be oof Cushing + Trindon stuff. So my comment at the bottom of the post, plus my link for the Jets post would sum up my current thinking about the team.

Oh and yeah! Best part of tailgating is visiting with folks!
Old 10-11-2012   #5
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post

ditto!

I like this part.
Let's hope that's what's gonna happen.

"What do you think is the best way to beat the Packers?"

Punch them in the mouth on both sides of the ball. I was concerned about this teams ability to stop the run back in training camp and I still am. If the Texans play old school smashmouth football, they will probably win this game. The Packers are just not a very physically dominating team. They can win with scheme, but they rarely line up one on one and just “win.”

Same thing for the Texans defense – beat up the Packers receivers at the line, don’t give them lots of free releases. They have all struggled mightily with press coverage this year, save maybe James Jones who is having easily his best year as a pro. Now, how much of that is because he’s not facing top corners? Jury is still out on that one.”
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read