Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-07-2012   #1
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78642 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Im so dang confused!

Are the Texans fixing to face two teams (Jets/Packers) that are desparate for wins or two teams that are just not very good right now?

I dont know what to think!
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012   #2
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 175288 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Im so dang confused!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Are the Texans fixing to face two teams (Jets/Packers) that are desparate for wins or two teams that are just not very good right now?

I dont know what to think!
Yes.
All of the above.

We take care not to play DOWN to the level of the competition.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012   #3
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Jets have been bad. I predicted in the preseason this year that they would fully implode this year...this is the year Rex Ryan gets fired.

All the signs are there, such as them ending horrifically in 2011 where players were pitted against one another, Rex is crying in the final post game locker room speech, players are even skipping Rex's crying game, and then they go and get Tebow of all people. They went three preseason games without scoring a TD. They just got drubbed in their own house. And now us.

Yeah, the Texans would have to really botch this one in order to lose it.

-------------------------

Packers? They can't keep Rodgers upright much at all. Benson is hurt. Raji. Jennings. Secondary is very shaky. They looked realllllly bad in preseason, too. The mojo is not there anymore.

If we're not missing our key players when we play the Packers, we're going to win that game, folks. I watched Colts-Packers today, and even though the Packers put up points...they did it against a really bad Colts defense. And then they couldn't stop the Colts offense when it mattered most, either. All in all, I just don't think this is the same Packers team who won the SB a few years ago.

We're going to be fine. We can beat the Ravens, too. The scored three FGs today. Three FIELD GOALS. Patriots might be a test.

We're as good as anybody else who can be considered a top team. The times have shifted radically these past two years. I actually worry about us winning the SB and the word will be that it was a "down year in the NFL, that's why the Texans won it all!" just like people like to say that Jordan being out of the NBA is how the Rockets won a title.
Old 10-08-2012   #4
jppaul
Cut and Dry

Rep Power: 1193 jppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respected

The real question is if wade gets a head coaching gig and Ryan gets canned are you going to hire Ryan as a replacement for Phillips? I would. Would you?
jppaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #5
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jppaul View Post
The real question is if wade gets a head coaching gig and Ryan gets canned are you going to hire Ryan as a replacement for Phillips? I would. Would you?
I'd be surprised if we didn't hire Reggie Herring or someone who runs Wade's system. Even if we switched schemes, hiring Rex just seems like the coaching equivalent of signing TO. Not a Bob McNair move.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #6
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

i think our team is wise enough to have the 1 and 0 each week and they will never underestamate there oppent IMO there mindset is each team every week will be a Super hard game to win
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I agree with GP. In fact, if we do what we're supposed to do, I'm hoping Rex gets canned this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
I'd be surprised if we didn't hire Reggie Herring or someone who runs Wade's system. Even if we switched schemes, hiring Rex just seems like the coaching equivalent of signing TO. Not a Bob McNair move.
Agreed.
Old 10-08-2012   #8
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Jets have been bad. I predicted in the preseason this year that they would fully implode this year...this is the year Rex Ryan gets fired.

All the signs are there, such as them ending horrifically in 2011 where players were pitted against one another, Rex is crying in the final post game locker room speech, players are even skipping Rex's crying game, and then they go and get Tebow of all people. They went three preseason games without scoring a TD. They just got drubbed in their own house. And now us.

Packers? They can't keep Rodgers upright much at all. Benson is hurt. Raji. Jennings. Secondary is very shaky. They looked realllllly bad in preseason, too. The mojo is not there anymore.

If we're not missing our key players when we play the Packers, we're going to win that game, folks. I watched Colts-Packers today, and even though the Packers put up points...they did it against a really bad Colts defense. And then they couldn't stop the Colts offense when it mattered most, either. All in all, I just don't think this is the same Packers team who won the SB a few years ago.

We're going to be fine. We can beat the Ravens, too. The scored three FGs today. Three FIELD GOALS. Patriots might be a test.

We're as good as anybody else who can be considered a top team. The times have shifted radically these past two years. I actually worry about us winning the SB and the word will be that it was a "down year in the NFL, that's why the Texans won it all!" just like people like to say that Jordan being out of the NBA is how the Rockets won a title.
Can you honestly, with a straight face, say that if Jordan was playing in the NBA, the Rockets would have still won the title? If you can, then you're lying to yourself.

But having said that, if the Texans win it all, it won't be because "of a down year in the NFL." It will be because we legitimately have the best team in the NFL.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #9
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 63318 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

NO WAY to Rex Ryan.

I think the Jets are terribad.

The Packers I can't write off due to Rodgers.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #10
SrslySirius
Veteran

Rep Power: 1370 SrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Can you honestly, with a straight face, say that if Jordan was playing in the NBA, the Rockets would have still won the title? If you can, then you're lying to yourself.

But having said that, if the Texans win it all, it won't be because "of a down year in the NFL." It will be because we legitimately have the best team in the NFL.
Can you honestly say, with a straight face, that Michael Jordan wasn't playing in the NBA when Houston won the title in 1995?

If you can, then you're lying to yourself. Jordan and the Bulls got bounced in the second round.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_NBA_Playoffs
SrslySirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #11
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

The packers just dont look good, i mean i watched the game against indy and this was not the packers team of the last few seasons. This team has some issues, and i think it starts with the o-line. The defense is rather bad as well, they dont seem to get much pressure and cant stop the pass.

On the other hand it scares me to play the jets more than the packers. For one it is at their house and i'm afraid if they bring tebow in it will have that spark that it had when it happened in Denver last season.

GB is at our place, and watching them i just dont really see much there to fear. Its the same way with the jets but just get a bad feeling everytime we play them.
Old 10-08-2012   #12
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 40043 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
On the other hand it scares me to play the jets more than the packers. For one it is at their house and i'm afraid if they bring tebow in it will have that spark that it had when it happened in Denver last season.
The Denver Ponies with Tebow at the reins had a defense that kept games closes. Even with Tebow piloting the Jets I just don't see their defense slowing us down.

Announcers said Rogers is the most sacked QB in the league. I think Watt & Co keep that streak alive.

Chiefs threw 2 Interceptions and lost 2 fumbles and had numerous stupid penalties and the Ravens scored 9. And 1 of those fumbles was a QB sneak from the 1 that they fumbled in to the end zone. if not for this Chiefs would have had 10.
Old 10-08-2012   #13
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24496 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

DX TEX, this is really easy and you should know this as a Texans fan: if we win, then we played bad teams - if we lose we failed our first real test and are just an overhyped team...
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #14
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
Can you honestly say, with a straight face, that Michael Jordan wasn't playing in the NBA when Houston won the title in 1995?

If you can, then you're lying to yourself. Jordan and the Bulls got bounced in the second round.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_NBA_Playoffs
Revisionist history. Not to mention that if Jordan were around for the first title, Vernon Maxwell matched up fairly well with him. Who was going to stop Dream?
Old 10-08-2012   #15
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 228095 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

This is a problem that I would like to have to deal with.
Old 10-08-2012   #16
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209570 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Any team that can withstand a 16 game schedule, and then win out the rest of the way in the playoffs and Super Bowl deserves the stupid trophy no matter WHAT kind of year it's been in the NFL.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #17
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Im so dang confused!

I have the Bears, Pats and Ravens circled on my calendar. But it is the NFL, anything can happen on any given week.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #18
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 45478 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
i think our team is wise enough to have the 1 and 0 each week and they will never underestamate there oppent IMO there mindset is each team every week will be a Super hard game to win
And the team DOES take it one at a time. The fans, who have no impact on the games, can do whatever they want. Schaub isn't going to throw 3 picks tonight because the fans are talking about the GB game.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #19
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78642 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
Jets prepared all week to give Tim Tebow a larger role/more reps vs Texans tonight. They realize he's probably their best playmaker now #nyj
Good thing/Bad thing?
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #20
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
This is a problem that I would like to have to deal with.
Houston pro sports fans know what I'm saying "might" happen is all too possible and plausible.

It's why we had a large group last season say "If we beat the Colts and win the division, I want us to have played against PEYTON MANNING because if not, people will say we only won the AFCS because Manning was out of the league this year."

Houston is awesome...we are damned if we do and damned if we don't, but in the end WE will have a trophy and I'm like you and Thorn: A trophy is a trophy!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read