Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-01-2005   #21
LikeABoss
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 LikeABoss seems to be losing the respect of his peers
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis37
We need to stay away from Robinson... Just what we need, a WR that cant catch the ball.
Koren Robinson has already had a season with over 70 catches and a season with over 60 catches

Corey Bradford has never caught over 50 passes throughout his entire career in the NFL.

Koren Robinson has been in the league for four years and has a total of 213 catches.

Corey Bradford has been in the league for seven years and only has a total of 167 catches

Koren Robinson's game>>>Corey Bradford's entire existance in the NFL

Need more proof:

Bradford's stats

Robinson's stats

Last edited by LikeABoss; 06-01-2005 at 08:04 PM.
LikeABoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005   #22
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

We are fine at receiver. If the offensive line improves in its second year using a zone blocking scheme, which I believe they will, then the Texans passing game will improve significantly just because of that.

The smartest thing the Texans did this offseason was exercising a little patience and self control, actions which included sticking with the same starting OL, drafting a receiver in round four, re-signing bradford (who may be the number four or five receiver by the time the season starts). And all of this contrary to the counsel of the many "experts" here on this board.

Many people on this board seem to be modeling the following advice:

When in danger, or in doubt,
run in circles, scream and shout.

You guys crack me up.

Last edited by MojoMan; 06-01-2005 at 07:14 PM.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005   #23
Texan Dave
Veteran

LOL.... I liked that one.
Texan Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005   #24
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss
Koren Robinson has already had a season with over 70 catches and a season with over 60 catches

Corey Bradford has never caught over 50 passes throughout his entire career in the NFL.

Koren Robinson has been in the league for four years and has a total of 213 catches.

Corey Bradford has been in the league for seven years and only has a total of 167 catches

Koren Robinson's game>>>Corey Bradford's entire existance in the NFL

Need more proof:

Bradford's stats

Robinson's stats
Koren Robinson also had 10 drops in 2003 and added 10 more drops in 2004, whereas Bradford only had 1 drop in 2003 and 3 drops in 2004...As a previous poster said, we don't need receivers that can't catch the ball...
D-ReK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005   #25
LikeABoss
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK
Koren Robinson also had 10 drops in 2003 and added 10 more drops in 2004, whereas Bradford only had 1 drop in 2003 and 3 drops in 2004...As a previous poster said, we don't need receivers that can't catch the ball...
First, can you provide a link to backup that claim.

Second, excluding this past season, Robinson has had way more balls thrown to him than Bradford, so of course Robinson's drops are gonna seem more inflated than Bradford's drops, because the ball is being thrown to Robinson more than Bradford.

Third, even with those 10 drops you are claiming, Robinson has still caught more passes in a season than Bradford, which I've pointed out in my earlier post.

I don't see how you can even try to comapre these two when Bradford has never caught over 50 passes nor recieved over 1000 yards throughout his entire existance in the NFL.

And why do you keep talking like no WR can drop a pass? You were saying that same stuff about Troy Williamson. Can you give this dropped passes stuff a rest, because all great WRs have dropped some passes.

Last edited by LikeABoss; 06-01-2005 at 09:40 PM.
LikeABoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005   #26
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss
First, can you provide a link to backup that claim.

Second, excluding this past season, Robinson has had way more balls thrown to him than Bradford, so of course Robinson's drops are gonna seem more inflated that Bradford's drops, because the ball is being thrown to Robinson more than Bradford.

Third, even with those 10 drops you are claiming, Robinson has still caught more passes in a season than Bradford, which I've pointed out in my earlier post.

I don't see how you can even try to comapre these two when Bradford has never caught over 50 passes nor recieved over 1000 yards throughout his entire existance in the NFL.

And why do you keep talking like no WR drops any passes? You were saying that same stuff about Troy Williamson. Can you give this dropped passes stuff a rest, because all WRs drop passes.
Koren Robinson:

Targets: 67 Drops: 10

Targets: 119 Drops: 10

Corey Bradford:

Targets: 54 Drops: 3

Targets: 62 Drops: 1

I realize all WRs drop passes, but Robinson's drop numbers are ridiculous...Also, Robinson was a #1 WR in Seattle, so of course he's going to have more catches than Bradford, who has always been the second (or third) option...
D-ReK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005   #27
LikeABoss
All Pro

Quote:
Koren Robinson:

Corey Bradford:

I realize all WRs drop passes, but Robinson's drop numbers are ridiculous...Also, Robinson was a #1 WR in Seattle, so of course he's going to have more catches than Bradford, who has always been the second (or third) option...
Robinson wasn't the #1

Darrell Jackson is the #1 WR and always has been.

Robinson is the complimentary WR to Darrell Jackson.
Old 06-01-2005   #28
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I tend to agree with DRek. Robinson's production isn't enough for me to ignore the baggage that comes along with him. Koren's has alot of talent, but his hands are horrible. The last thing I want is to see the OLine give Carr time to complete a pass to a wide open Robinson only to have him drop the ball. :brickwall
texasguy346 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005   #29
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan
When in danger, or in doubt,
run in circles, scream and shout.
He He, I like this, I believe I will write it up and hang it in my classroom!
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005   #30
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

All those recievers for Seattle except Rice have horrible hands. what's robinson gonna do with a rocket from carr? he'll drop even more passes. Instead of going out and picking up receivers, let out guys develop. i mean gaffney and armstrong will only get better, plus we got some young talent in mathis, starling, and thomas. i say we stay put at wr unless a young quality receiver is available that has a better upside than the 5 i mentioned above.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005   #31
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Koren Robinson:

Corey Bradford:

Not jumping on one side or the other here, but just to make the comparison apples to apples--Robinson dropped 10.7 % of the passes thrown his way the last two years, Bradford dropped 3.8%--people need to give that one a rest. I will say this, regardless of whether Robinson is better or not, over the last two years Bradford's hands have not been a problem. Now getting open enough, Carr progressing thru to him, time for Carr.....
Old 06-01-2005   #32
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa

Hey guys I haven't been on all day so can someone fill me in on who got cut?
Old 06-01-2005   #33
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

not much news yet. westbrook re-signed with philly, thats about it.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005   #34
YodAa
All Pro

thats it? that sucks I was hoping the Bucs would release some people.
Old 06-01-2005   #35
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodAa
thats it? that sucks I was hoping the Bucs would release some people.
We'll probably hear more sometime tommorrow. The Bucs have been said to be interested in releasing Steussie, Garner, Stinchcomb, and Walker among others. I doubt you'll see all of them get released, but you could see a few being given their walking papers.
texasguy346 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005   #36
YodAa
All Pro

I would love to see them all go.
Old 06-02-2005   #37
nWo
waterboy

i think the texans should try real hard to sign shelton, boulware, and law.
nWo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005   #38
YodAa
All Pro

I don't see any point in us getting law since we already got DRob, PB, and Faggins
Old 06-02-2005   #39
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigTEXan8
First off, the last thing the Texans need is a drunk who can't catch 9 yd in route from a QB who's arm doesn't exactly burn the ball to his WRs. Heck, I'm a better WR than Robinson because I don't do drugs and I don't get ridicuously drunk and then go driving. Second, we need to sign Shelton because Wade or whoever is at LT is about as good as a tree stump. Third, we aren't going to sign Law, because we don't have enough cap room to sign a guy who will get injured 6 weeks into the season. Plus, we want speed, and Law has lost a step. Fourth, what we need to do is get a decent TE. Hopefully, we can fiind someone. I'm out.

Yikes! Something tells me you call the Jim Rome show. First of all, Wade plays RT, Wand plays LT and they are both much better than a tree stump. What makes you think Shelton would be an improvement? Is it the hours of film study you've gone through analyzing Shelton? If you don't have the DirecTV Package you couldn't possibly have watched much of the Cardinals since Shelton was drafted. Second, we've got a decent TE. We signed Marcellus Rivers. I'm sure you don't know who he is but your ignorance of him doesn't make him a poor TE. Everyone would like to have Heap, Tony G., or Crumpler... However, there aren't many of those guys out there.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005   #40
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:

Corey Bradford:

Robinson's career: arrests and drug suspensions (I'm too lazy to research them)

Bradford's career: to my knowledge none of the above

I realize we've starting lowering our "good citizen" policies but Robinson's risk isn't worth the reward IMHO
chuckm is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read