Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-02-2012   #1
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Looks like Quin might have notched a KO

Quote:
Pagnani thinks surgery is inevitable. In that scenario, Locker would be done for the season with a four to six month recovery time.
Seems as though it's happened before and the problem isn't going to go away without surgery, which would be season ending according to nfl.com.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #2
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Looks like Quin might have notched a KO

Well, not that it matters until Dec, but, I fear Hasselback a heck of a lot more than I did Locker. Might be an upgrade for the meatballs, never know.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #3
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish he was not injured. We don't need guys on bad teams in our division looking for QB injury payback.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #4
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I wish he was not injured. We don't need guys on bad teams in our division looking for QB injury payback.
He was hurt to start with I think. Second time this year he's had his shoulder dislocated. SO, hopefully, our Texans won't have to take full blame!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #5
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

This is the same type of surgery I had with my 1st left shoulder surgery. Reoccuring dislocation. I think he'll wait until after the season to have the surgery due to the fact it's his non throwing arm. But, there's no doubt in my mind he'll need the surgery done. I was young and dumb and allowed mine to go on for a long time. Heck, my wife used to have to be careful getting out of bed in the morning because my arm would be out of socket. Yes, it got so loose it'd fall out during the night. lol

I finally threw in the towel when it came out while I was playing with my daughter on the swing. By that time the ball atop of my humerous has a huge flat spot ground in it, leaving boatloads of bone fragments. As doc Jean knows, I'm still having work done on my shoulders. I've been told to wait until at least 50 for total shoulder replacements.

So, in the end, it'd be wise if he had it done. lol
Old 10-02-2012   #6
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
This is the same type of surgery I had with my 1st left shoulder surgery. Reoccuring dislocation. I think he'll wait until after the season to have the surgery due to the fact it's his non throwing arm. But, there's no doubt in my mind he'll need the surgery done. I was young and dumb and allowed mine to go on for a long time. Heck, my wife used to have to be careful getting out of bed in the morning because my arm would be out of socket. Yes, it got so loose it'd fall out during the night. lol

I finally threw in the towel when it came out while I was playing with my daughter on the swing. By that time the ball atop of my humerous has a huge flat spot ground in it, leaving boatloads of bone fragments. As doc Jean knows, I'm still having work done on my shoulders. I've been told to wait until at least 50 for total shoulder replacements.

So, in the end, it'd be wise if he had it done. lol
I wish you weren't personally experienced in so many injuries presented on the MB. I know you've got to feel the same way. But it's appreciated that you are willing to share your experience with others.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #7
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Seems as though it's happened before and the problem isn't going to go away without surgery, which would be season ending according to nfl.com.
Funny but while at the game, I told SteelBtexan and his wife, while the announcers were talking about probable hand, wrist or arm fracture, I immediately called out shoulder. When he was walking to the tunnel, the announcers still stated the same while describing how he was holding his hand against his abdomen. But this just confirmed a classic splinting posturing for a shoulder injury. If he lets this injury go and he lands on his shoulder with massive force again, since he will have such poor stabilization, he is risking nerve and/or vascular injury, or even taking a piece of bone with it if he hits just right.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-02-2012   #8
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quinn is our Haynesworth! Except he can see his toes and isn't a total dbag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012   #9
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Funny but while at the game, I told SteelBtexan and his wife, while the announcers were talking about probable hand, wrist or arm fracture, I immediately called out shoulder. When he was walking to the tunnel, the announcers still stated the same while describing how he was holding his hand against his abdomen. But this just confirmed a classic splinting posturing for a shoulder injury. If he lets this injury go and he lands on his shoulder with massive force again, since he will have such poor stabilization, he is risking nerve and/or vascular injury, or even taking a piece of bone with it if he hits just right.
Yes. I was reading his lips, and he said "My shoulder. Shoulder popped out. Shoulder popped out."

It also looked like he was saying "Pop it back in. Pop it back in."

He was in a lot of pain. On TV he looked panic stricken, and I felt sorry for him. I've dislocated a pinkie finger, and the pain is intense and constant, unrelenting until it gets popped back in. It took my mom a half hour to come to school to get me, half hour to get to ortho in Lubbock, and that hour felt like an eternity.
Old 10-03-2012   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I wish you weren't personally experienced in so many injuries presented on the MB. I know you've got to feel the same way. But it's appreciated that you are willing to share your experience with others.
That's for darn sure. Heck, I'm beginning to think people around here might think I'm full of poop after thinkin about my recent stories I've posted lately. I have scars for most all of them, I promise.
Old 10-03-2012   #11
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 251410 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
That's for darn sure. Heck, I'm beginning to think people around here might think I'm full of poop after thinkin about my recent stories I've posted lately. I have scars for most all of them, I promise.
Shyeah, right.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012   #12
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Hate to see that, unlike some of the classless Tack fans, I don't root for injuries.
Old 10-03-2012   #13
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 181073 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Well, not that it matters until Dec, but, I fear Hasselback a heck of a lot more than I did Locker. Might be an upgrade for the meatballs, never know.
I have to agree , Hasselbeck came in and moved the ball quite well early .... Locker might end up being a solid NFL QB but he looked way overmatched to me.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012   #14
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 280296 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
In that scenario, Locker would be done for the season with a four to six month recovery time.
That's a shame, if true. I'd like to see Locker play/mature into whatever he will become.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read