Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-02-2012   #1
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

Rep Power: 2095 Bleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Quinton Demps to miss Games?

The injury list is growing after the 38-14 win over Tennessee.

Strong safety Quintin Demps underwent surgery for the second consecutive week and will miss a few games. He had surgery to repair a broken left forearm Monday. Last week, he had surgery on a broken right thumb but played with a cast.

Its not a season-ending situation, but I know hes going to miss some time, coach Gary Kubiak said.

Think we either call up Pleasent or activate Brandon Harris and play Ball at Safety sucks we will be thin in the secondary but should be ok.
Bleed_Blu_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #2
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Quinton Demps to miss Games?

I'm having a hard time believing McCain is still outplaying Harris anyway. I know they think highly of Pleasant though, so interesting to see which way this cookie crumbles.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #3
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed_Blu_Red View Post
The injury list is growing after the 38-14 win over Tennessee.

Strong safety Quintin Demps underwent surgery for the second consecutive week and will miss a few games. He had surgery to repair a broken left forearm Monday. Last week, he had surgery on a broken right thumb but played with a cast.

Its not a season-ending situation, but I know hes going to miss some time, coach Gary Kubiak said.

Think we either call up Pleasent or activate Brandon Harris and play Ball at Safety sucks we will be thin in the secondary but should be ok.
I think we'll see Ball & Keo as the extra safety .... Balls skillset is probably better suited for the S spot than CB .... He wont have to get his head around as often in man coverage and can react to the ball much like a CB playing in zone or breaking on a route - Things he does well.

If thats the case , I have to wonder if they replace him on ST .... but he has been really good there always around the ball and one of the first to arrive on the scene.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #4
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

Rep Power: 2095 Bleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I think we'll see Ball & Keo as the extra safety .... Balls skillset is probably better suited for the S spot than CB .... He wont have to get his head around as often in man coverage and can react to the ball much like a CB playing in zone or breaking on a route - Things he does well.

If thats the case , I have to wonder if they replace him on ST .... but he has been really good there always around the ball and one of the first to arrive on the scene.
Agreed on ST Ball is solid, I never liked him period but maybe Safety is a good thing for him.
Old 10-02-2012   #5
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
I'm having a hard time believing McCain is still outplaying Harris anyway. I know they think highly of Pleasant though, so interesting to see which way this cookie crumbles.
Ya I haven't really ever been a McCain fan. I have been real Disappointed that we have been putting Harris on the inactive list. Hopefully he gets his shot now.
Old 10-02-2012   #6
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

demps has casts on both arms.. things are about to get real awkward at home for him..
Old 10-02-2012   #7
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post

Why would they replace him on special teams?

He's stepping in for a back up safety, not a starting safety. I know we play the three safety look a lot, but I'm pretty sure he can still play special teams.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-02-2012   #8
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
demps has casts on both arms.. things are about to get real awkward at home for him..
I noticed that Sunday too I was like WTH does he have wrist/hand issues on both arms?
Old 10-02-2012   #9
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Two guys the Texans might bring in are Akwasi Owusu-Ansah and Mark Legree.
Both have bounced around the league for a while now.

AOA was drafted by Wade Phillips in the fourth round in 2010 as a CB.
He ran 4.32 at the combine.
Teams have been trying him at CB, safety, and WR but he hasn't been able to stick with any team.
He had his second stint with the Cowboys last year but did not make the final cut.
He was last cut by the Raiders on Sep 27.

Mark Legree was drafted in the 5th round in 2011 by the Seahawks.
He had 22 INTS in his 3 years at Appalachian St.
He ran a 4.49 at the combine.
He's currently on the Falcons PS.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #10
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

He's stepping in for a back up safety, not a starting safety. I know we play the three safety look a lot, but I'm pretty sure he can still play special teams.
Right!

I'm pretty sure most of the guys (if not all) in the secondary play here and there on ST.

I've seen Quin, Jackson, Allen (when he was here), Demps, and McCain on ST.
I think I've seen JJo and Manning (not just as a returner) as well.
Old 10-02-2012   #11
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Two guys the Texans might bring in are Akwasi Owusu-Ansah and Mark Legree.
Both have bounced around the league for a while now.

AOA was drafted by Wade Phillips in the fourth round in 2010 as a CB.
He ran 4.32 at the combine.
Teams have been trying him at CB, safety, and WR but he hasn't been able to stick with any team.
He had his second stint with the Cowboys last year but did not make the final cut.
He was last cut by the Raiders on Sep 27.

Mark Legree was drafted in the 5th round in 2011 by the Seahawks.
He had 22 INTS in his 3 years at Appalachian St.
He ran a 4.49 at the combine.
He's currently on the Falcons PS.
Akwasi Owusu-Ansah was also a returnman for the Cowboys, so maybe he could displace Holliday. Might be good to open up another roster spot for depth.
Old 10-02-2012   #12
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I noticed that Sunday too I was like WTH does he have wrist/hand issues on both arms?
He played with a cast on his right thumb.

He suffered a broken left forearm during the game and now has cast on both sides.
Old 10-02-2012   #13
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You answered your own question with the bold.

I dont know that they will take him off ST .... But being so thin at the S spot with Demps out and Keo suffering an injury too .... That could force Harris and Carmichael to the active list and a spot on coverage teams.

I think it has to be considered with the lack of healthy depth there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Right!

I'm pretty sure most of the guys (if not all) in the secondary play here and there on ST.

I've seen Quin, Jackson, Allen (when he was here), Demps, and McCain on ST.
I think I've seen JJo and Manning (not just as a returner) as well.

J-Jo does not play ST and neither does Manning outside of returns and with Tricycle on the roster .... he wont.

The rest are on coverage teams.

Old 10-02-2012   #14
mokalus
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 mokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respected

Troy Nolan lookin' real good right about now.
mokalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #15
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30855 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Mark Berman just twetted that Nolan has been resigned.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #16
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Who gets cut?

John Beck?

Trindon? (I hope not)

Nading?

Gardener?
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #17
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Who gets cut?

John Beck?

Trindon? (I hope not)

Nading?

Gardener?
He's as good a guess as any.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #18
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

Quote:
Who gets cut?

John Beck?

Trindon? (I hope not)

Nading?

Gardener?
I think Beck since Caldwell got injured doubt we Just have Harris as are only extra olineman with the exception of Brooks but he has yet to play he is always inactive.
Old 10-02-2012   #19
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Demps' right thumb cast could have easily been missed Sunday in that it was made to blend in so well with his jersey.

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #20
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Who gets cut?

John Beck?

Trindon? (I hope not)

Nading?

Gardener?
Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
He's as good a guess as any.
Quote:
I think Beck since Caldwell got injured doubt we Just have Harris as are only extra olineman with the exception of Brooks but he has yet to play he is always inactive.
I dont think Caldwell's injury factors in as he's a guard and Gardner is a tackle while they have both Jones and Brandon Brooks to back that spot up.

If Holliday got cut , he's be picked up instantly.

Dont think it'll be Beck ... but he'd be my second option.

Nading can play all the LBer positions and is solid on ST - cant see letting that quality depth go.

Gardner - He's who I would cut. THink he was horrible in preseason , still wondering how he has hung around this long since Harris has already passed him on the depth chart.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read