Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-02-2012   #61
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24999 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What Jets Fans Saying About The Upcoming Game (I Agree With Them)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I about fell out of my chair when I read the post that said "and Tebow leaves due to injury.. splinters to the ass". At least they have a sense of humor.
I really like the Jets fans. They are a realistic bunch and don't hold back their displeasure when things are going bad. For the most part they respect their opponents as well. Good fan base considering all of the down times they've had.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #62
BlueSteel
Veteran

Rep Power: 150 BlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerTastesLikeVictory View Post
Apparently you have not seen the commercial where Sanchez throws the ball clear out of Reliant stadium with an open roof and hits a farmer or someone in the midwest square in the chest. Quite impressive I say.
Unfortunately he was trying to throw a fade route to one of his WRs and missed slightly.
Old 10-02-2012   #63
BlueSteel
Veteran

Rep Power: 150 BlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I really like the Jets fans. They are a realistic bunch and don't hold back their displeasure when things are going bad. For the most part they respect their opponents as well. Good fan base considering all of the down times they've had.
I don't know. All the Jets fans I have seen are arrogant jerks. I still remember groups of jets fans taunting Texans fans in our seats and on the way out of the stadium when they beat us on opening day.

I guess classless would be a better word.
Old 10-02-2012   #64
TackHammer
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Because you get tired of hearing the same old crap from the same old people here.
Yep! I love going to the opponents board and seeing how they view the Texans.
This year in particular........because it's mainly fear and trepidation instead of joy and the thoughts of an easy win.

I'm not gonna lie. I love to see our opponents fans shaking in their boots for a change.
TackHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #65
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Why does it feel like one of the posters in this thread is going by a new screen name? Hmmmm.....
I think I explained it a while back.
Old 10-02-2012   #66
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225226 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

OK, you have to appreciate the humor of some of the Jets fans at TheGangGreen.com:

Quote:
By CHRIS DUNCAN
AP Sports Writer

In a move that most NFL analysts are calling "highly unusual", the Houston Texans announced today that they are seriously considering resting their starters when they face the NY Jets Monday night at Met Life stadium.

“I’m really proud of our team and how they’ve been playing. I watched the game tape from the the 49er's ass whooping of the Jets, and I really don't see the need to put our best players on the field Monday night." Texans coach Gary Kubiak said at the teams Monday press conference.

He may have a point. Why risk injury to the starters this early in the season?

"I heard that Rex Ryan gave his players a few days off, so I figured if they deserve some days off, my guys deserve the week off at least."

It's not like the starting squad is not going to travel to New York with the team. They'll be dressed and waiting on the sideline, Kubiak assured reporters. "We might need them to step in...you know, if something flukey happens and the Jets get a field goal or two."

Asked if his team is spending any time at practice defending the Jets wildcat package, Coach Kubiak responded with a hardy laugh. "Yeah, we're going to squeeze it in after our mandatory team yoga session".

"As it stands now, I'm trying to arrange an earlier charter flight so the team can enjoy a little bit of that New York City night life."

Questioned further, the coach had this to say. "Listen, if I didn't think T.J. (Yates) could handle this, he wouldn't be backing up Matt. Actually, I'm kind of hoping that we can get a good look at Beck (Texans third string QB) sometime in the second half".

Matt Schaub, caught boarding a plane to Disney World for a few days, had this to say. "The guys are really looking forward to this trip. If they don't get enough rest this week, they can always take a nap during the game. It should be nice and quiet at the stadium."

"Frankly, with the way NY Jets players looked yesterday, I'd be surprised if any of them show up Monday night."
Old 10-02-2012   #67
TejasTom
Get #80 a ring!

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 32888 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
OK, you have to appreciate the humor of some of the Jets fans at TheGangGreen.com:
That's hilarious. I like this one too.

Quote:
Sub out mangold and Kerley and just toss a grenade in the huddle.
TejasTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-02-2012   #68
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

That's funny as ****.

I visit the opponents board(s) every week and the jets are by far the funniest. I cracked up so hard reading through their threads.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #69
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24999 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
That's good stuff. Those guys have been through a lot as a franchise so I can easily identify with them. They may have a few bad apples, but overall I think its a good fan base.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #70
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I think I explained it a while back.
I don't catch every single post. Neither do you.

Lighten up, Francis Fiddler.

Old 10-02-2012   #71
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Because you get tired of hearing the same old crap from the same old people here.
I never get tired of hearing the same old crap from myself on here.
Old 10-02-2012   #72
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerTastesLikeVictory View Post
Apparently you have not seen the commercial where Sanchez throws the ball clear out of Reliant stadium with an open roof and hits a farmer or someone in the midwest square in the chest. Quite impressive I say.
If I'm Kubiak I'm showing the team that commercial along with clips of when we played them during Sanchez rookie year, clips of Rex Ryan saying we are a finesse team and can't do anything if they punched us in the mouth, and the last 45 seconds of the last time we played the Jets in NY.

I keep hitting the back button too. Just to get my point across.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #73
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13798 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

New York fans are pretty amusing when their teams are bad...but annoying if their teams are good.

If you think this is fun then you should visit a Knicks forum.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #74
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 56992 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

I like the way this guy thinks.

Quote:
^ yeah. The posters in this thread are delusional.

Sanchez was stifled by Miami's defense. Sanchez was baffled against 49ers defense. Sanchez is ****ed against Texans defense.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #75
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 12708 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry, everybody, but, I remember how the Jets fans were after two back-to-back AFC Championship games. INSUFFERABLE.

They get no pass this time.

F--k em.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #76
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 18937 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Sorry, everybody, but, I remember how the Jets fans were after two back-to-back AFC Championship games. INSUFFERABLE.

They get no pass this time.

F--k em.
Got a feeling some Texans fans are starting to be the same way.
Old 10-02-2012   #77
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Got a feeling some Texans fans are starting to be the same way.
Just the ex-cowgirl fans who are jumping on the bandwagon.
Old 10-02-2012   #78
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

There's nothing like a MNF game in either NY or Green Bay. I hope it's a close game right up until the final gun.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #79
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
There's nothing like a MNF game in either NY or Green Bay. I hope it's a close game right up until the final gun.
I don't. I'd rather them beat the Jets at New York in the same surgical fashion they beat the Jaguars. Make them chant for Tebow. Embarrass them on national TV.
Old 10-02-2012   #80
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope we crush the jets. Not a fan.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read