Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Platinum & Blue Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012   #1
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1256 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Blue Crew Chili-gate 9/30

Starting a new thread - the other one spans multiple years.

Bust out those flamin meatballs - It's Chili Cook-off time! Our annual cook-off happens everytime we play the bud adamses, and here are the rules for this year, courtesy of our very own Joe Texan:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan
Chili cook off rules.

1. Bring chili however you want to
Make it, bring from home, buy from
Sonic, whatever you want to do.
2. Do whatever you need to do to win
The judges taste buds while heating
It up
3. Bronco Billy cannot be judge. Period
4. Judges picked by a person agreed upon by joetexan, kathrine, and jezzabelle (katie)
5. Turn in at 10 am
6. Results at annoucements

Good luck to all and Go Texans
The grill will be there, to heat Chili Pots as well as cook all the other foodstuffs for the tailgate. We're breakin' records this year baby! Go Texans!!!!!
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #2
jjjezebel
ĦAy, caramba!

Section: Section 116, seats 15-17
Rep Power: 11835 jjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blue Crew Chili-gate 9/30

I won't be bringing chili, but I will be bringing the crack-weens.

And I guess I'm either judging or helping to pick a judge...I dunno. But if I judge, your chili better be good. I don't need to spending the whole game in the ladies room thankyouverymuch.
jjjezebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #3
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 78404 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjezebel View Post
I won't be bringing chili, but I will be bringing the crack-weens.

And I guess I'm either judging or helping to pick a judge...I dunno. But if I judge, your chili better be good. I don't need to spending the whole game in the ladies room thankyouverymuch.
I think many of the competitors would consider that a sign of GREAT chili!
Old 09-25-2012   #4
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Bringing the breakfast tacos, as always!

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #5
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Not sure if I'm bringing chili, but, I will be bringing "flamming meatballs!" Been bringing those things to the tailgate ever since Aj nicknamed Buds team the "meatballs!" I guess it's my own personal tradition, along with Earls!!

Are we gonna have hookups for crock pots?
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #6
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Not sure if I'm bringing chili, but, I will be bringing "flamming meatballs!" Been bringing those things to the tailgate ever since Aj nicknamed Buds team the "meatballs!" I guess it's my own personal tradition, along with Earls!!

Are we gonna have hookups for crock pots?
The generator will be there with plenty of extension cords.

Love the Flamming Meatballs, great catch.
Old 09-25-2012   #7
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
The generator will be there with plenty of extension cords.

Love the Flamming Meatballs, great catch.
Thanks Katie! Got a lot going on this weekend so might have to crock pot cook Sat night. Never made chili in a crock pot, have to think about that one. Should be easy enough.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-26-2012   #8
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1256 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

There will be plenty of outlets for the crock pots. I'll have power strips out there.
Old 09-26-2012   #9
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4090 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Katie we just picking the judges you are not required to taste anything although you should taste mine. This is gonna be a great game so rest your voices. I am thinking Barwin gets a sack or two
Old 09-27-2012   #10
jjjezebel
ĦAy, caramba!

Rep Power: 11835 jjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
Katie we just picking the judges you are not required to taste anything although you should taste mine. This is gonna be a great game so rest your voices. I am thinking Barwin gets a sack or two
Oh well, that's a relief. I didn't want to be "Fartin' Martin" for the course of the game.
Old 09-27-2012   #11
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Quote:
Oh well, that's a relief. I didn't want to be "Fartin' Martin" for the course of the game.
Hmmm...Maybe the BullPen won't be the best place to be for this game lol Beware the Phantom Farter!!!
Old 09-27-2012   #12
jjjezebel
ĦAy, caramba!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxDavid View Post
Hmmm...Maybe the BullPen won't be the best place to be for this game lol Beware the Phantom Farter!!!
I don't try to hide it though. I OWN my farts!

So is anyone going to actually talk about what they're bringing for tailgating this Sunday?
Old 09-27-2012   #13
BullPenPhotos
Veteran

Rep Power: 13156 BullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I can attest to that...She is proud of them...
Try my All Purpose Spice Mix
Andys-Spice-Mix.com
BullPenPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012   #14
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG TORO View Post
Bringing the breakfast tacos, as always!
Why don't you engage in the Chili cookoff? I think Chili breakfast tacos should be entered!!!
Old 09-27-2012   #15
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
YES.... YES you do!! Thanks for my gametime experience!! I'm not sure what is worse, your gas out the ass, or those jackasses behind us!!!!

All things considered, "the gas out your ass" IS WAY BETTER than the gas out of those guys mouth!!!!

Thank G*D this weekend is the Chili Cook-off!!! I can join you in stinking them out!!!
Old 09-27-2012   #16
jjjezebel
ĦAy, caramba!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
YES.... YES you do!! Thanks for my gametime experience!! I'm not sure what is worse, your gas out the ass, or those jackasses behind us!!!!

All things considered, "the gas out your ass" IS WAY BETTER than the gas out of those guys mouth!!!!

Thank G*D this weekend is the Chili Cook-off!!! I can join you in stinking them out!!!
Eff you, dude...that was NOT me!
Old 09-27-2012   #17
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
No........... No....... I'm pretty sure that was you dropping the "crack weenie" gaseous bombs!!!!

*EDIT*

BTW, I have a strategy to not hear those dumbasses behind us!! I only hope it works!!
Old 09-27-2012   #18
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4090 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thats funny
Old 09-28-2012   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rip ass, possum Sunday just around the corner!!!
Old 09-28-2012   #20
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 78404 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Bill thinks "Beer Can Chili" is a sequence, not a food.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Platinum & Blue Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read