Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-06-2012   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209676 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default TLarry Johnsoon: A Tale of What Happens After An RB is Overused

416 carries seem to have worn out more than his legs. His brain was evidently not left unaffected.

Quote:
After his arrest on Friday in Las Vegas, former All-Pro running back Larry Johnson has now been arrested five different times after allegations of violence toward women. But Johnson insists the latest allegation against him is bogus.

“I know people will try to pass judgment on me from my previous record but I didn’t do what I am being charged with,” Johnson told TMZ.

In court, Johnson is of course due the same presumption of innocence that every criminal defendant is entitled to receive. But Johnson’s past history makes it hard to give him the benefit of the doubt.

In 2003, Johnson was charged with felony aggravated assault and misdemeanor domestic battery, but those charges were dropped when he agreed to enter a domestic violence diversion program. In 2005, he was arrested for assaulting a woman, but that charge was dropped when the woman didn’t appear in court to testify against him. In 2008, he was arrested once in February when a woman accused him of shoving her and once in October when a woman accused him of spitting in her face. Johnson pleaded guilty to two counts of disturbing the peace as part of a plea deal on both of those accusations.
link

EDIT: SORRY, MODS PLEASE CORRECT TYPOS IN TITLE.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012   #2
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 295477 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TLarry Johnsoon: A Tale of What Happens After An RB is Overused

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
In 2003, Johnson was charged...In 2005, he was arrested for assaulting...In 2008, he was arrested once in February ... and once in October ...Johnson pleaded guilty to two counts...
Bu.. But he didn't do it this time, mmm hmmm.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012   #3
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
n court, Johnson is of course due the same presumption of innocence that every criminal defendant is entitled to receive.
But in the real world this is not the case, you are presumed guilty. In a court of law it is not about guilt or innocent it is about % wins and losses.
Old 10-07-2012   #4
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

My favorite from the responses

"Tough guy. Id like to seem him try that on me. Well, not me. But somebody bigger. Like my neighbor. Id like to see him try that on my neighbor!"
Old 10-07-2012   #5
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, I'd like to see him try that on somebody I don't like.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012   #6
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 251959 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

This guy has always been a turd and in that sense nothing has changed.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read