Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-30-2012   #21
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
And in today's NFL, we often see surprises. We need to be ready for this game. That's all I'm saying.
Now that's some award-winning, expert analysis right there...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #22
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 52595 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Week 5 Texans @ Jets - Predictions

Quote:
Yes, the Broncos were coming home to play us after getting beat by the Falcons. It is a good thing the clock ran out when it did because Manning was beating us late in that game. But the Texans held on, give them credit.
and the jags, and the dolphins ... you're 0-4 so far.
Old 09-30-2012   #23
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

i think his name stands for full of bullShi**z
Old 09-30-2012   #24
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
and the jags, and the dolphins ... you're 0-4 so far.
Actually, the Dolphins weren't returning to their home field after a regular season loss to face us. The Titans weren't either. The Jaguars and Broncos were however. So, I'm 0-2 on those predictions.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #25
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Actually, the Dolphins weren't returning to their home field after a regular season loss to face us. The Titans weren't either. The Jaguars and Broncos were however. So, I'm 0-2 on those predictions.
i sy u just make an account at the other 31 NFL teams and go on their board when they play us ! See problem solved
Old 09-30-2012   #26
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 52595 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
and 0-2 with dolphins and titans for completely different reasons, gotcha. my sincerest apologies, i havent been paying enough attention to WHY we're going to lose each game.
Old 09-30-2012   #27
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 10357 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Now we're gonna lose, not because of football related reasons, but because Ellis Unit didn't start the thread like he has for the past 4 weeks. There wasn't even a nice little smiley face.

There goes the super bowl!

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-30-2012   #28
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
Now we're gonna lose, not because of football related reasons, but because Ellis Unit didn't start the thread like he has for the past 4 weeks. There wasn't even a nice little smiley face.

There goes the super bowl!
THANK you, thats what i'm saying. Guess i'll start making the prediction thread when we hit the 2 minute mark in the 4th every game
Old 09-30-2012   #29
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10357 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
THANK you, thats what i'm saying. Guess i'll start making the prediction thread when we hit the 2 minute mark in the 4th every game
I agree.

Don't forget the smiley face.

Made my day.

We also need that other poster to make his Must win @New York.

Call me superstitious, but it has worked.

Old 09-30-2012   #30
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So.......your system is more reliable than just going with the team that is 4-0 right now?

On second thought, I want you to continue picking against us. It seems you're good luck for us in that regard.

Disregard any attempts by other posters to sway you. Keep doing yo thang.
Old 09-30-2012   #31
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
So.......your system is more reliable than just going with the team that is 4-0 right now?

On second thought, I want you to continue picking against us. It seems you're good luck for us in that regard.

Disregard any attempts by other posters to sway you. Keep doing yo thang.
Will do.
Old 09-30-2012   #32
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13798 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to say that the Jets are a desperate team...must be.

Got smacked around this week. Will be at home next week. Will be a tough game...

Then I look at their offense and really without Holmes...it doesn't look good.

Any Given Sunday...especially on Monday where it seems crazy things love to happen. Jets will show up, give their best, but just like this week I expect their best to just not be good enough and take another beating.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #33
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
I want to say that the Jets are a desperate team...must be.

Got smacked around this week. Will be at home next week. Will be a tough game...

Then I look at their offense and really without Holmes...it doesn't look good.

Any Given Sunday...especially on Monday where it seems crazy things love to happen. Jets will show up, give their best, but just like this week I expect their best to just not be good enough and take another beating.
They're about to get more desperate. I would hate to be in their shoes playing us Monday night. I watched their game today, they sucked.

I've seen the Texans in desperate situations, the Oilers too, didn't make them squat better.

I'm going to love this week. Us playing the Jets, guess what....ESPN, NFLN galore!
Old 09-30-2012   #34
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39734 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's DESTROY them. Relentless annihilation.

There is not a team that is more over-discussed, overexposed, or overrated. **** them AND their fans.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #35
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I have this weird feeling that Rex is going to start Tebow against us.

We have historically not defended a mobile QB very well. Vince Young, David Garrard, Cam Newton.

I think Vick is the only time I have seen us really bottle in a mobile QB on a consistent basis the whole game.

Rex will try and throw us a curve ball by featuring Tebow, at home, on a big setting such as MNF. Bank on it.
Old 09-30-2012   #36
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I have this weird feeling that Rex is going to start Tebow against us.

We have historically not defended a mobile QB very well. Vince Young, David Garrard, Cam Newton.

I think Vick is the only time I have seen us really bottle in a mobile QB on a consistent basis the whole game.

Rex will try and throw us a curve ball by featuring Tebow, at home, on a big setting such as MNF. Bank on it.
I have little respect for the damage Tebow can do to Houston's defense. Big Ben?, I get that as a bulky guy that can hurt you after eluding a lineman, but Tebow not so much.

To me, Tebow does not belong in the QB crowd listed in your post.
Old 09-30-2012   #37
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Rex has managed to put that team in such disarray that it wouldn't matter who the QB of the minute was - the rest of the team has to be on the same page. Even being in the same book would be helpful.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #38
BullBlitz
Section 331

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkcookie View Post
Now that's some award-winning, expert analysis right there...
No one on this site offers award-winning, expert analysis. It's a message board intended for casual discussion.
Old 09-30-2012   #39
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

I said all offseason that this is the game where all of the talking heads start saying Tebow should start, because we will dominate.

It's almost a perfect storm at this point. Jets are coming off of a huge defeat, Texans are 4-0.

It can go either way, Jets could get the win.

Or, The Texans will blow them out.

I guess we will find out in eight days.

As for my prediction, I bet the vets remember that painful comeback victory two years ago and dominate up front.

DOMINATE!!!!
Go Texans!

Old 09-30-2012   #40
Scooter
Funky

Quote:
No one on this site offers award-winning, expert analysis. It's a message board intended for casual discussion.
true, but most here are texans fans ... and own up to being absolutely wrong.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read