Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-19-2012   #1
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 5916 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Block in the back on Justin B. TD

Not that it matters but I searched the game thread and saw no mention of the obvious (to me) block in the back on number 81 (for the Jags) that took McCain out of the play. I think Brice could have taken him down because #15 was caught from behind on a previous reception.

Am I alone on this? Seemed obvious to me.

Not complaining, even though I think the game was not well called it either evened out or even leaned towards the Texans, but this seemed an obvious miss. #81 even looked back after the TD looking for flags.
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #2
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 55784 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Block in the back on Justin B. TD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBill View Post
Not that it matters but I searched the game thread and saw no mention of the obvious (to me) block in the back on number 81 (for the Jags) that took McCain out of the play. I think Brice could have taken him down because #15 was caught from behind on a previous reception.

Not complaining, even though I think the game was not well called it either evened out or even leaned towards the Texans, but this seemed an obvious miss. #81 even looked back after the TD looking for flags.
No you are correct, Robinson, 81, pushed McCain in the back and it was a missed call. Happens...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Pickspatrick!....
BullNation4Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #3
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw the play in question and thought it was utter BULL I$HT. I love how refs see what they want to see.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #4
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7521 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
I saw the play in question and thought it was utter BULL I$HT. I love how refs see what they want to see.
I saw it, I was pissed. Also the 2nd face mask penalty on Foster that they missed
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #5
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81710 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Saw it at the time. Knew it's going to be a high scoring affair. Didn't sweat about it. Late in the fourth quarter I even told my wife "looks like this one is going to OT". It may be a conspiracy about Vegas but this is far from the first time I've seen it.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #6
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

I watched the game at a bar, so no audio. Can someone explain to me the Arian fumble. It looked like once the Jags player recovered the fumble, his back & butt was out of bounds. Did I miss something?
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #7
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
I saw it, I was pissed. Also the 2nd face mask penalty on Foster that they missed

Preaching to the choir rev....
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-19-2012   #8
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #9
Joeycharp89
Veteran

Rep Power: 650 Joeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respected

Saw it, was wondering why it wasn't mentioned, even by the commentators. Of course, those two seemed kind of clueless. It was completely blatant and it was right next to the play.
Joeycharp89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #10
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeycharp89 View Post
Saw it, was wondering why it wasn't mentioned, even by the commentators. Of course, those two seemed kind of clueless. It was completely blatant and it was right next to the play.
I think it's because we got stuck with the Texans hatin' Tasker. First time he's called a game for us this season and he ain't changed a bit. He's the #1 Texan hater booth guy there in IMO. Can't stand to hear his voice or see his mug in the booth at a Texans game. D'bag.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #11
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 6013 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

The refs didn't want to blow their whistles all day.

There were 90 passes and not a single holding call - offensive or defensive.

One of the long runs by Parmalee was the result of a blatant hold on Mercilus. I'd be shocked if we weren't getting away with stuff all day too, because Schaub was amazingly clean for the number of times he dropped back.
noxiousdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #12
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBill View Post

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...&postcount=542

I commented on it, I was about to break the damn TV. A couple of other people commented, it was blatant, but probably not called because the Ref figured McCain wouldn't catch up.
Old 11-19-2012   #13
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
I watched the game at a bar, so no audio. Can someone explain to me the Arian fumble. It looked like once the Jags player recovered the fumble, his back & butt was out of bounds. Did I miss something?
Probably felt there wasn't enough to overturn the call on the field.
Old 11-19-2012   #14
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 5916 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...&postcount=542

I commented on it, I was about to break the damn TV. A couple of other people commented, it was blatant, but probably not called because the Ref figured McCain wouldn't catch up.
ah i see, it was a little hard to search the thread. I am listening to the podcast of the Matt and Adam 790 show and some guy called in with the same thing at 7, so that was funny.

I disagree with your post though, I think they could have brought him down.
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #15
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5747 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

I was so pissed when I saw this. I paused the game and rewinded it adn paused it at the point of the push in the back. It's amazing that they didn't call that.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #16
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
While I definitely agree with you my brother, we as fans also see what we wanna see, too. I'm not saying that in this particular case that the refs missed it but you know dayum well we (as fans) see things differently too. In your immortal words: "Vugg it!"
Old 11-20-2012   #17
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
While I definitely agree with you my brother, we as fans also see what we wanna see, too. I'm not saying that in this particular case that the refs missed it but you know dayum well we (as fans) see things differently too. In your immortal words: "Vugg it!"
It was not called cause it was going to be a TD, other wise there would have been the obligatory late flag.
Old 11-20-2012   #18
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 89551 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

it was in the back, but not enough so IMO to call. had the ref's called the game tight to that point i might change my stance, but as it was they were consistent in letting most things go. we got beat on the play, mccain chasing got pushed MOSTLY in the back, and they scored. i put this on the defense for missing another tackle in the secondary - to ask for the refs to bail us out by calling back a touchdown on a somewhat questionable call is too much in my opinion.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read