Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Texas High School Football
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2011   #1
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Friday night lights!!!

WOW!! An amazing football game between LP Bulldogs and DP Deer! Old rivals taking it to overtime with LP coming out with the win!! YEA!!

So glad to have a grandkid in High School again! Loving every minute of it!!

Interesting the way they do overtime in HS football. Haven't seen a game go into overtime in such a long time I didn't know what they were going to do. Both teams get a chance to either kick a FG or score a TD. They start at the 25 and go from there. DP won the toss, took the FG. LP managed to score! Final score 34-31.

Congrats to the DAWGS!! A fantastic, and very fun, game!!!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011   #2
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Friday night lights!!!

LPHS alum, class of 92...way to go Dawgs!
Old 10-15-2011   #3
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been watching the Deer the last few weeks and man their QB is really good (Austin Rainer is his name).
Old 11-11-2011   #4
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 134504 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

just got back from the game...La Porte wins their first rd playoff game tonight vs PA Memorial. 35-7 (not a pic from the game) OLB/RB Hoza Scott pictured

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011   #5
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

My son's team plays tonight at 7 pm at Tully stadium. Go Cards!!!
Old 11-18-2011   #6
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3754 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Katy once again favored to win 5A DivII. They ran right thru everyone so far, I think the most anyone scored against them was 14..
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011   #7
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 134504 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

La Porte takes on the Fort Bend Bush Broncos at 1 at Abshire Stadium in Deer Park today...should be a Bulldog win. Hosa Scott on the edge is a beast. La Porte plays really good defense. They are fast and big.

Quote:
La Porte vs. Fort Bend Bush, 1:00 p.m. Saturday, Deer Park
Here's a fascinating matchup — the easy pick here would be La Porte, which ended up sweeping a far tougher district than Bush's 23-5A, while the Broncos came in second to Hightower. The Bulldogs should also have a pronounced edge defensively, where it's seen and defeated the likes of Beaumont West Brook, PA Memorial, Channelview, North Shore and even Deer Park. But there's just something about Bush that makes me think they're very much in this game; coach Allen Aldridge has done such a great job with the program, and they seem to be unable to say die, even in underdog matchups. Ultimately, I think La Porte RB Keith Whitely is going to win this game for LP, but don't be surprised if Bush goes down fighting, a thriller to the end.
Travis' pick: La Porte 34, FB Bush 28
- from a Fort Bend newspaper

Sponsored links
Old 11-19-2011   #8
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 146679 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
La Porte takes on the Fort Bend Bush Broncos at 1 at Abshire Stadium in Deer Park today...should be a Bulldog win. Hosa Scott on the edge is a beast. La Porte plays really good defense. They are fast and big.
#1 son played against Clements and Derek Carr there in 07 in the playoffs . The game changed after a fumble that should have been nothing because the RB had his facemask pulled half off . Their was a flag but it was holding on us . My friend was the sideline judge and monday at work I got on him about missing that call . He told me it wasn't him cause he pulled a hammy right before that . Exciting times those playoffs are .
Old 11-19-2011   #9
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
#1 son played against Clements and Derek Carr there in 07 in the playoffs . The game changed after a fumble that should have been nothing because the RB had his facemask pulled half off . Their was a flag but it was holding on us . My friend was the sideline judge and monday at work I got on him about missing that call . He told me it wasn't him cause he pulled a hammy right before that . Exciting times those playoffs are .
nice and yeah, everyone in this community is excited. My neighbor is going too, and he doesn't make many HS games but he is a La Porte grad from way back and (the last decade or so) La Porte hasn't been as dynamic a team as they used to be in the past when they were a dominant, dominant area power, so this is a nice flashback. It helps when the game is in our backyard also. Easy road trip to Deer Park Stadium. Keith Whitely and Hoza Scott are game changers and difference makers. Look for both of them to have big games. I think OLB Scott (La Porte runs a base 3-4 defense) has NCAA Division 1 potential. Texas A&M is recruiting him hard from what he tells me....he's a physical freak - nice kid too.

Old 11-19-2011   #10
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Pullin for LaPorte Bulldogs to pull this one off! I started to go, esp since DP stadium is almost within walking distance of my house, but, to many things going on for it to happen today. If they win today, I think they meet Katy next. Should be interesting.

Viinny! Did you go to the game? Let me know what ya think!
Old 11-19-2011   #11
Vinny
shiny happy fan

I didn't go since I have my Mother's birthday and some previous commitments to deal with. I'm getting some updates though. At the end of the first quarter La Porte is winning 21-0. On the first play of the second quarter we picked them off and ran it back in for a TD to increase the lead...so right now it looks like a good time for the Bulldog crowd. I'll update the quarters for you.

Old 11-19-2011   #12
SheTexan
Site Contributor

WooooHoooo!! Thanks Vinny! GOOOO DAWGS!!

I'll be leaving about 4 to go across town to see my granddaugher dance, but, keep me posted anyway. Looks like a win though for the Dawgs!!
Old 11-19-2011   #13
Vinny
shiny happy fan

35-0 right before the half. Looks like a rout!

Old 11-19-2011   #14
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Fort Bend Bush with 31 total yards at the half. 2 passing, 29 rushing
La Porte with 149 on the ground and 177 total offense at halftime.

Old 11-19-2011   #15
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Bush just scored their first touchdown. PAT blocked. 42-6 Bulldogs

Old 11-19-2011   #16
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Has DP and Pearland played yet? Any news?
Old 11-19-2011   #17
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 146679 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Has DP and Pearland played yet? Any news?
Pearland won big . Like 44 to 7 .
Old 11-19-2011   #18
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
nice and yeah, everyone in this community is excited. My neighbor is going too, and he doesn't make many HS games but he is a La Porte grad from way back and (the last decade or so) La Porte hasn't been as dynamic a team as they used to be in the past when they were a dominant, dominant area power, so this is a nice flashback. It helps when the game is in our backyard also. Easy road trip to Deer Park Stadium. Keith Whitely and Hoza Scott are game changers and difference makers. Look for both of them to have big games. I think OLB Scott (La Porte runs a base 3-4 defense) has NCAA Division 1 potential. Texas A&M is recruiting him hard from what he tells me....he's a physical freak - nice kid too.
I watched LaPorte play Stratford in the dome back in the Craig James days . They were in our district back then so I knew something about them .

LaPorte , LaMarque , Texas City , and Galveston Ball have sent quite a few players to the NFL . There is a rich history in this area concerning football .
Old 11-19-2011   #19
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I watched LaPorte play Stratford in the dome back in the Craig James days . They were in our district back then so I knew something about them .

LaPorte , LaMarque , Texas City , and Galveston Ball have sent quite a few players to the NFL . There is a rich history in this area concerning football .
some big time talent. DT Shaun Rogers is the last player I can remember La Porte pumped out and he's been in the league a while now. They had a two way player that was drafted by the Boston Red Sox last year though...he would have played big time College ball.

42-6 Final. La Porte beats Fort Bend Bush Broncos...Katy next. Katy is the program everyone emulates around here now.

Old 11-19-2011   #20
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 28431 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Congrats to Hightower Hurricanes in their victory over North Shore 34-21. Go Canes!
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Texas High School Football
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read