Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-28-2012   #61
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Football Gameplan's 2012 Wk 4 Texans vs Titans Video Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmDiggy View Post
Okay
Maybe if you define your opinion of "skill-set" when it comes to RB position.

Texan fans feel that you are slighting their RB's because of OL & run blocking scheme. The Titans OL is no chopped liver either as they lead league in pass pro, so they can control line of scrimmage to a high level as well. That's a push.

As a fan of RB's how can anyone in the league even compare to Arian Fosters skill set- production, athletic & big play ability, leadership/character, balance, power, ability to run after the catch, yards after contact, blocker, vision etc....

Chris Johnson was a phenomenal talent, but it's been two years since he flashed that explosive power & elusiveness. I remember him from scouting him during his college days @ ECU so familiar w/his "skill-set" last 6 years but he never, despite early production, looked like a durable, franchise RB on the road to Canton unlike Arian Foster.

There is a kid playing right now with the Oregon Ducks, named De'Anthony Thomas, closest thing I've seen since to CJ. Explosive speed, ability to cut-back on a dime & fearlessness to run between the tackles, yet nobody strikes me as the next AF.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012   #62
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Okay
Thats all you got ?

I have to admit , you never had me as a viewer .... but this thread will make sure you never have me as a viewer .... I wont support you with clicks.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012   #63
EmDiggy
Veteran

Rep Power: 6533 EmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post

Texan fans feel that you are slighting their RB's because of OL & run blocking scheme. The Titans OL is no chopped liver either as they lead league in pass pro, so they can control line of scrimmage to a high level as well. That's a push.

As a fan of RB's how can anyone in the league even compare to Arian Fosters skill set- production, athletic & big play ability, leadership/character, balance, power, ability to run after the catch, yards after contact, blocker, vision etc....

Chris Johnson was a phenomenal talent, but it's been two years since he flashed that explosive power & elusiveness. I remember him from scouting him during his college days @ ECU so familiar w/his "skill-set" last 6 years but he never, despite early production, looked like a durable, franchise RB on the road to Canton unlike Arian Foster.

There is a kid playing right now with the Oregon Ducks, named De'Anthony Thomas, closest thing I've seen since to CJ. Explosive speed, ability to cut-back on a dime & fearlessness to run between the tackles, yet nobody strikes me as the next AF.
Thanks Beerlover! I'll go further into explaining in the next video. Youtube's max time limit is what kills me from going even more in-depth..that and the fact that I have to film & edit all these vids.. But most definitely will explain more of how I came up with the personnel breakdown
EmDiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012   #64
EmDiggy
Veteran

Rep Power: 6533 EmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Thats all you got ?

I have to admit , you never had me as a viewer .... but this thread will make sure you never have me as a viewer .... I wont support you with clicks.
You've never had me as a responder to your posts but after this post I'll make sure not to respond to any more posts that you make about my posts
Old 09-28-2012   #65
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not responding to anybody's posts about any of these posts....except this time.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012   #66
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thanks Beerlover! I'll go further into explaining in the next video. Youtube's max time limit is what kills me from going even more in-depth..that and the fact that I have to film & edit all these vids.. But most definitely will explain more of how I came up with the personnel breakdown
Youtube's base limit for videos is 15 minutes, and you can make it much higher (10 hours I think), if you verify your account. Feel free to take all the time you need to explain how the Oline and Runningbacks are a push.

I also suggest that you add a check box for special teams. If there's one area that the Titans clearly have an advantage, it's special teams.
Old 09-28-2012   #67
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64065 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-28-2012   #68
EmDiggy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Youtube's base limit for videos is 15 minutes, and you can make it much higher (10 hours I think), if you verify your account. Feel free to take all the time you need to explain how the Oline and Runningbacks are a push.

I also suggest that you add a check box for special teams. If there's one area that the Titans clearly have an advantage, it's special teams.
Yep its 15 mins..but I film in HD, so my videos push the limit of the GB space.. I think its 2GB. The videos where its strictly voiceovers I can go 15 mins.. but videos where I'm actually on camera I can mayyyyybe squeeze out 9:30.. I try to find an efficient & happy medium to maximize the amount of videos I can edit/upload in a day
Old 09-28-2012   #69
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69969 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post

For me it isn't that he is slighting anyone, it is that he just seems to be wrong. I went back and looked at a few of his videos and honestly, he doesn't seem to want to anger any fan bases. I can understand that position because he seems to give every team something to hang their hat on. It is as if we were playing the worst team in the league, rather than finding that they have a better lighting system in the stadium he will manufacture something to which he can point to and say "I don't hate you guys, I pointed out something you do well". The only reason I would watch somebody do something like that is if I think I can learn something. This is two weekends in a row that he has told us that our RB corps (who top to bottom is the BEST in the league) are on par with two struggling teams. He doesn't argue the numbers he argues some kind of "observation" that he claims to have made that we aren't capable of making because we haven't "been" what he has been. Hell, he doesn't even tell us what it is. "Skill set"? You mean that Johnson can use a circular saw better than Foster? If he had perhaps defined it as "quick to the hole" or "Quick in quick out" or "better patience", I might be able to go with it. Instead we get "better skill set". Really? Bush would work well in a zone system? No, he wouldn't. Johnson would do better? The only thing Johnson does well is get to the edge and then get up field. Now he doesn't get to the edge.

I've just figured out that there isn't much for me to learn from him. I can't trust what he says so I'm just going to stop visiting. Glad you make your videos, you have either the time or the motivation that I don't to make these videos. I respect you for putting the work in but I view your contribution to be negligible.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012   #70
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike02 View Post
For me it isn't that he is slighting anyone, it is that he just seems to be wrong. I went back and looked at a few of his videos and honestly, he doesn't seem to want to anger any fan bases. I can understand that position because he seems to give every team something to hang their hat on. It is as if we were playing the worst team in the league, rather than finding that they have a better lighting system in the stadium he will manufacture something to which he can point to and say "I don't hate you guys, I pointed out something you do well". The only reason I would watch somebody do something like that is if I think I can learn something. This is two weekends in a row that he has told us that our RB corps (who top to bottom is the BEST in the league) are on par with two struggling teams. He doesn't argue the numbers he argues some kind of "observation" that he claims to have made that we aren't capable of making because we haven't "been" what he has been. Hell, he doesn't even tell us what it is. "Skill set"? You mean that Johnson can use a circular saw better than Foster? If he had perhaps defined it as "quick to the hole" or "Quick in quick out" or "better patience", I might be able to go with it. Instead we get "better skill set". Really? Bush would work well in a zone system? No, he wouldn't. Johnson would do better? The only thing Johnson does well is get to the edge and then get up field. Now he doesn't get to the edge.

I've just figured out that there isn't much for me to learn from him. I can't trust what he says so I'm just going to stop visiting. Glad you make your videos, you have either the time or the motivation that I don't to make these videos. I respect you for putting the work in but I view your contribution to be negligible.

Mike
Many of us here in this forum have played highschool and college sports .... tho a few were back in the stone age , that doesnt change the fact that we have just as good an understanding - If not better due to much longer experiences - as he believes he does.

This dude doesnt do his homework with stats .... thats flat out being lazy IMO. Thats like building something without measuring - Measure twice , cut once.
He's just begging for clicks to generate income and not doing a very good job of it.

Old 09-28-2012   #71
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77990 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Wonder what the comments will be next week aginst the Jets....."Put Tebow in the Texans system and he is just as good as Schaub."?
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012   #72
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Many of us here in this forum have played highschool and college sports .... tho a few were back in the stone age , that doesnt change the fact that we have just as good an understanding - If not better due to much longer experiences - as he believes he does.

This dude doesnt do his homework with stats .... thats flat out being lazy IMO. Thats like building something without measuring - Measure twice , cut once.
He's just begging for clicks to generate income and not doing a very good job of it.
Can you imagine a legitimate analyst using those lame arguments and reasoning? They would get laughed off of TV. Good thing these are hidden on youtube.
Texn4life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012   #73
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94442 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

These attacks on Em are just wrong.

Agree with him or disagree with him, at least he has the balls to go out and produce something that is not from the East Coast machine of "legitimate" analysts.
Old 09-28-2012   #74
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post

Agree with him or disagree with him, at least he has the balls to go out and produce something that is not from the East Coast machine of "legitimate" analysts.
Legitimate was a poor choice of wording. What I meant is a more recognizable analyst meaning one that is seen on tv. My opinion of his reasoning being lame still stands though.
Texn4life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012   #75
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

If he had the balls to produce it then he has to have the balls to take the attacks because of his silly comments
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012   #76
ESAD2-14
TexanAmerican

Rep Power: 17283 ESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

My thoughts exactly. Em has been coming here for a few years and has always been cordial in his approach. I don't agree with him that the Titans RB's and Texans RB's are a push by any stretch of the imagination, but it's no reason to get butt hurt about his analysis. Hell, out of all the video he has provided the Dolphins and Titans analysis from this year are the first two that I can remember anyone having issues of this magnitude. Plus he actually posts and interacts with the board as opposed to just linking his videos. Last time I checked no one is correct 100% of the time anyway. But I do think that further explanation is due when saying that the Texans RB's are equivalent to the Titans RB's, CJ401k is no where near the complete back that AF or Tate are.
Old 09-28-2012   #77
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94442 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Legitimate was a poor choice of wording. What I meant is a more recognizable analyst meaning one that is seen on tv. My opinion of his reasoning being lame still stands though.
I'm betting that comment is close to what the blowhards at the chronicle have said about our beautiful miss Stephanie.

Take on his points. Don't attack the man.

Last edited by DBCooper; 09-28-2012 at 03:48 PM.
DBCooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012   #78
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Whats wrong with calling it how you see it ? When the truth is wrong .... Our world is too PC.

He isnt really analizing anything .... since he doesnt use stats. Whats he producing ? An opinion .... based upon what ?! The eyeball test ?!

Measure twice - Cut once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESAD2-14 View Post
he actually posts and interacts with the board as opposed to just linking his videos.
He didnt do that until I called him on it .... but I give him credit for making the neccessary change there.

Maybe he'll do the same with the stats issue.

Old 09-28-2012   #79
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I have not suggested in any way your right to post here will be cut off.

I personally think your stats argument is lame. Emmitt and JB are two of my favorite RB's. The stats favor each in different ways and then you have to examine when they played and how long they played. I will say if you are one of these Emmitt only thrived off of his OL people then yeah I will immediately throw anything you claim to know in the dumpster.

At the same time, continue to post your analysis. I and others appreciate it even if we disagree with it.
This.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012   #80
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69969 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Can you imagine a legitimate analyst using those lame arguments and reasoning? They would get laughed off of TV. Good thing these are hidden on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv2jqFd2-qI

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read