Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-27-2012   #41
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 145454 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Football Gameplan's 2012 Wk 4 Texans vs Titans Video Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
It's been so long, I don't know last time I remember CJ sweeping around the end for any long gain. In fact, I'm not sure that he has taken anything long in recent history. I definitely looks like he has lost his blazing speed and now is not fast enough to take it to the outside.
Against the Lions, he bounced a couple to the outside, broke into open field, and ran for <15 yards before being tackled. His first couple of years in the league, those would have been touchdowns of 40+ yards.

He's just not the same guy he was and I'm hoping he doesn't suddenly remember who he was against us this weekend.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012   #42
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

lol

Old 09-27-2012   #43
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

From Walterfootball's 2013 mock draft:

3rd round pick: Tennessee Titans: Andre Ellington, RB, Clemson
Based on the way he's running the football, you'd think Chris Johnson wants to retire and join Dancing with the Stars. The Titans need to bring in someone to push him.

haha!
Old 09-28-2012   #44
EmDiggy
Veteran

Rep Power: 6533 EmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respected

So I guess playing and coaching holds no weight anymore.. Schefter/Schein is more knowledgable about football than me I guess.. Makes complete sense. Seeing my experience doesn't matter.. I'll go start Basketball Gameplan and be an expert in something I've never done before.

Last edited by Lucky; 09-28-2012 at 10:24 PM. Reason: removed deleted quote
EmDiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012   #45
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225351 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmDiggy View Post
So I guess playing and coaching holds no weight anymore.. Schefter/Schein is more knowledgable about football than me I guess.. Makes complete sense. Seeing my experience doesn't matter.. I'll go start Basketball Gameplan and be an expert in something I've never done before.
Keep your thong out of your cheeks.

We tolerate and actually appreciate your providing your opinion.

We get to disagree. That simple. You're the one who pulled the superior knowledge and I cant be questioned on stats cards.

Live with what you created or bail if you can't stand the heat.
Old 09-28-2012   #46
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61321 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Thankfully, I am Deaf and do not have to listen to the videos.

As an aside, please click the CC button in the video. You will not regret it.
Old 09-28-2012   #47
EmDiggy
Veteran

Rep Power: 6533 EmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Keep your thong out of your cheeks.

We tolerate and actually appreciate your providing your opinion.

We get to disagree. That simple. You're the one who pulled the superior knowledge and I cant be questioned on stats cards.

Live with what you created or bail if you can't stand the heat.
So I can't respond to asinine attacks on my credentials/credibility? I don't mind disagreement/debates on scheme/philosophy that's expected and comes with the territory

As far as the 'stats' argument.. Stats only tell a small portion of the story.. Stats would lead you to believe that Emmitt Smith is better than Jim Brown. Although its up to your own opinion, just using stats in that case would be misleading
Sponsored links
Old 09-28-2012   #48
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225351 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
So I can't respond to asinine attacks on my credentials/credibility? I don't mind disagreement/debates on scheme/philosophy that's expected and comes with the territory

As far as the 'stats' argument.. Stats only tell a small portion of the story.. Stats would lead you to believe that Emmitt Smith is better than Jim Brown. Although its up to your own opinion, just using stats in that case would be misleading
I have not suggested in any way your right to post here will be cut off.

I personally think your stats argument is lame. Emmitt and JB are two of my favorite RB's. The stats favor each in different ways and then you have to examine when they played and how long they played. I will say if you are one of these Emmitt only thrived off of his OL people then yeah I will immediately throw anything you claim to know in the dumpster.

At the same time, continue to post your analysis. I and others appreciate it even if we disagree with it.
Old 09-28-2012   #49
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 74437 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thanks Gang! The good thing you guys have going for you guys this week is that its a divisional opponent so the game will be close. And unlike the Jags & Colts, you guys have talent to actually pull off the upset. I think it will come down to controlling the clock so the RBs will have to step up. The way to stop a rusher like Watt is to run right at him
http://www.gotitans.com/threads/foot...w.84388/page-2

This is your post on the titans board, I really do hope they decide to run right at Watt.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012   #50
EmDiggy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post

This is your post on the titans board, I really do hope they decide to run right at Watt.
That's the best way to stop pressure.. You have to make a pass rusher be a run defender.. The pass rusher may be just as good at stopping the run, but I would much rather have him do that than getting after the QB.

Thanks for doing the research and finding that!
Old 09-28-2012   #51
EmDiggy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I have not suggested in any way your right to post here will be cut off.

I personally think your stats argument is lame. Emmitt and JB are two of my favorite RB's. The stats favor each in different ways and then you have to examine when they played and how long they played. I will say if you are one of these Emmitt only thrived off of his OL people then yeah I will immediately throw anything you claim to know in the dumpster.

At the same time, continue to post your analysis. I and others appreciate it even if we disagree with it.
No Prob Cap'n! I actually enjoy back and forth banter
Old 09-28-2012   #52
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53447 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post

Feels like more trolling
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012   #53
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7394 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh come on people, he's not a troll. He just has a different (maybe a bit crazy) viewpoint.

Em, I get the feeling sometimes that its not so much that you don't like the players but our running scheme. Do you buy into the school of thought that this Denver based ABS is 70% scheme 30% running back talent? If so what would change your mind cause I really think these guys are more talented than you are giving them credit for.
Old 09-28-2012   #54
EmDiggy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
Oh come on people, he's not a troll. He just has a different (maybe a bit crazy) viewpoint.

Em, I get the feeling sometimes that its not so much that you don't like the players but our running scheme. Do you buy into the school of thought that this Denver based ABS is 70% scheme 30% running back talent? If so what would change your mind cause I really think these guys are more talented than you are giving them credit for.
Thanks JC! I'm conflicted when its about scheme/system... Although it helps, it ultimately depends on the the talent in it. For instance, there's a difference between Terrell Davis, Arian Foster, Clinton Portis as opposed to Olandis Gary, Mike Anderson, Mike Bell and Ben Tate. Exceptional talent in the right system will put up numbers like the first group of backs and solid talent will put up yards like the latter.

What the ZBS RB HAS to have is acceleration and above-average field vision. Just like some backs need to be told what hole to go to.. the ZBS RB just needs a landmark hence (Inside/Outside Zone)
Old 09-28-2012   #55
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53447 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thanks JC! I'm conflicted when its about scheme/system... Although it helps, it ultimately depends on the the talent in it. For instance, there's a difference between Terrell Davis, Arian Foster, Clinton Portis as opposed to Olandis Gary, Mike Anderson, Mike Bell and Ben Tate. Exceptional talent in the right system will put up numbers like the first group of backs and solid talent will put up yards like the latter.

What the ZBS RB HAS to have is acceleration and above-average field vision. Just like some backs need to be told what hole to go to.. the ZBS RB just needs a landmark hence (Inside/Outside Zone)

In truth though numbers dont really matter, its more about potential than results
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012   #56
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26531 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
In truth though numbers dont really matter, its more about potential than results
I know a guy who had the talent to be great in the NFL, but he got caught up in drugs. So in a matchup between him and Arian I'd say its a wash.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012   #57
EmDiggy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I know a guy who had the talent to be great in the NFL, but he got caught up in drugs. So in a matchup between him and Arian I'd say its a wash.
Try... but

Old 09-28-2012   #58
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26531 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Try... but

You just don't know. In the Texans ZBS this guy would run for 3000 yards. You better recognize!
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012   #59
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 145454 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

First off, a "classic" logical fallacy is the Argument from Authority. "I know more than you do therefore you're wrong." Just because you've been something doesn't mean you're right. It gives you perspective and insight and that's it.

And there's a HUGE difference between "the stats only tell a small portion" and "numbers always lie." Numbers don't lie, people do. Numbers don't mislead, people do. People use numbers to show one thing or another. The numbers are what they are.

One of the huge flaws in what you're doing (and that started this whole thing) is that you're comparing group to group. That's a totally irrelevant comparison. Who's the better Running Back? Who has the better defensive line? Doesn't matter. What matters is the running attack of Team A vs. the Defense against the run of Team B or the passing attack vs. the pass defense. That's what matters. Who's going to win and why, that's what matters.

But who has the better running back is just mental masturbation. Reggie Bush's talent level and skill set means jack if it's not used to win the game. If he's in New Orleans and they've got him sitting on the sidelines in short yardage situations, the fact he COULD break a long run is irrelevant.

You lost me as a viewer as soon as you started comparing the talent levels of Bush and Foster. You lost all credibility. Cause it doesn't matter what your experience is if you not giving me something useful or informative.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012   #60
EmDiggy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
First off, a "classic" logical fallacy is the Argument from Authority. "I know more than you do therefore you're wrong." Just because you've been something doesn't mean you're right. It gives you perspective and insight and that's it.

And there's a HUGE difference between "the stats only tell a small portion" and "numbers always lie." Numbers don't lie, people do. Numbers don't mislead, people do. People use numbers to show one thing or another. The numbers are what they are.

One of the huge flaws in what you're doing (and that started this whole thing) is that you're comparing group to group. That's a totally irrelevant comparison. Who's the better Running Back? Who has the better defensive line? Doesn't matter. What matters is the running attack of Team A vs. the Defense against the run of Team B or the passing attack vs. the pass defense. That's what matters. Who's going to win and why, that's what matters.

But who has the better running back is just mental masturbation. Reggie Bush's talent level and skill set means jack if it's not used to win the game. If he's in New Orleans and they've got him sitting on the sidelines in short yardage situations, the fact he COULD break a long run is irrelevant.

You lost me as a viewer as soon as you started comparing the talent levels of Bush and Foster. You lost all credibility. Cause it doesn't matter what your experience is if you not giving me something useful or informative.
Okay

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read