Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-26-2012   #21
Lucky

Rep Power: 132950 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Football Gameplan's 2012 Wk 4 Texans vs Titans Video Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmDiggy View Post
Texans have the best backfield since Hershel Walker & Tony Dorsett. How's that?
Dorsett was pretty much washed up by the time Walker was on the scene. Foster and Tate are probably the best combo since the Jags had Fred Taylor and Maurice Jones-Drew.
Old 09-26-2012   #22
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 88794 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

These previews are nothing more than hedging bets so that the reviewer can say he was right no matter which team wins.

FAIL
michaelm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #23
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 89551 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i'm with diggy, skill matters - results dont. jerry rice was too slow, we should give ted ginn those records. polamalu isnt big enough to be very good, from now on taylor mays is the best strong safety. jamarcus russell should be the highest paid player in football for just sitting on his couch, that dude has a cannon! schaub? noodle arm, slow, and just plain goofy looking ... david car though, that guy has a big arm, good feet and great hair - why havent we brought him in yet?
Old 09-26-2012   #24
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 97853 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks Em, always appreciate your work.

First of all, the Oiler reference to the Titans is as offensive as it gets. Real Oiler fans hate the Titans.

Spread the 3-4? You know, the talking heads are all talking about "Revis Island" as the best defensive player in the league. The best D player right now this season is JJ Watt. And I don't care what the possums do to spread out the 3-4, JJ will be lockin up some Jake on Sunday!

Thanks man!
Old 09-26-2012   #25
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 50432 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

I enjoy the occasional Em Diggy video but at this point it's obvious that he is trolling Texans Talk for the hits.

Nobody who has ever watched a game of NFL football thinks that Tennessee and Houston have equal RB's and O'lines. The comment about "more of a skill set type of thing" are disingenuous at best.
Old 09-26-2012   #26
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

He had Bush/Thomas as a push against Foster/Tate in his Miami preview as well.
Old 09-26-2012   #27
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 57275 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
He had Bush/Thomas as a push against Foster/Tate in his Miami preview as well.
The funny thing is that at least that comparison, while still totally flawed, actually has played out somewhat evenly. Bush has been decent this year. The miami run game has been ok.
They are ranked 4th overall, we are ranked 5th overall. The key though is they are averageing 5 yards per carry, and we are at around 4.

But the Titans? Of all the teams? The titans? Chris Johnson has the lowest ypc of any player in the NFL that receives multiple touches a game
Old 09-27-2012   #28
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 82785 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I swear, when I clicked on this thread I was going to come in here and type "Texans/Titans running game is a push. Just messing with you EM, I know you know better than to write something like that

Mike"

and holy cow... he actually said it? Not sure what's a bigger disappointment this year, EM or the Saints. Was your producer caught up in bountygate or something? Should I just wait for next year?

#SeriouslyManWTFWasThat

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012   #29
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
He obviously bumped his head, hard.
Texas Tom, be nice to the guy. It is nice to hear non Texans fan's opinion and sometimes very informative. Although I often disagree with what Em said, it is interesting to know the 3rd party's opinion to see what other fans(Non Texans fan) think of us.

You and I included, the most of us here at TTC are well aware of how BAD ass team we got and that is enough for me. Other fans will eventually find out how good we are. I would say Non Texans fans will find out about us after SB win in February.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012   #30
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 82785 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
Texas Tom, be nice to the guy. It is nice to hear non Texans fan's opinion and sometimes very informative. Although I often disagree with what Em said, it is interesting to know the 3rd party's opinion to see what other fans(Non Texans fan) think of us.

You and I included, the most of us hear at TTC are well aware of how BAD ass team we got and that is enough for me. Other fans will eventually find out how good we are. I would say Non Texans fans will find out about us after SB win in February.

Go Texans!!!
I would agree with you except that when he says stuff like that it is impossible for me to compare what he says and take it seriously. "Skill set?" Vince Young had a great skill set.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012   #31
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post

Seriously? What the hell man? Are you a professional troll now?

Stats & W/L record - What more do you have to evaluate teams / players?!

Oh , the eyeball test .....

Man , Im going back to believing this guy's a troll begging for clicks.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012   #32
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike02 View Post
I would agree with you except that when he says stuff like that it is impossible for me to compare what he says and take it seriously. "Skill set?" Vince Young had a great skill set.

Mike
I hear you Mike. I just take it as no more than their opinion and just let it go when others said something incorrect. Because, we as the Texans fans know much better about our team than the others (non Texans fans). Like I said, we all know what kind of team we got this year and I just can't wait until February. We waited long enough. It is our turn to shine.

After February, I don't think not many people dare to try compare our talents to other teams talents.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012   #33
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
The funny thing is that at least that comparison, while still totally flawed, actually has played out somewhat evenly. Bush has been decent this year. The miami run game has been ok.
They are ranked 4th overall, we are ranked 5th overall. The key though is they are averageing 5 yards per carry, and we are at around 4.

But the Titans? Of all the teams? The titans? Chris Johnson has the lowest ypc of any player in the NFL that receives multiple touches a game
Yeah and his argument was that bush, Thomas and Lamar miller were better than our top three...Lamar miller was his big sticking point and he basically said his talent far outweighed forsett's.

Only thing is Lamar miller wasn't even a top three rb for them at that point and was not even active.

And then it was "if they switched o-lines and schemes"...

Well, that made no sense either since they weren't switching olines and schemes.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012   #34
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Yeah and his argument was bush
You coulda stopped right there ....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012   #35
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh, guess it's a good thing I've never read/watched any of these in the past. It doesn't look like I ever will going by the posts in this thread.

Old 09-27-2012   #36
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought it was a pretty decent video. I like how you've incorporated some x's and o's on the board. If there was a way to go even further and incorporate a video of the type of plays you're talking about it would be that much better.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012   #37
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 192752 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Fine, putting aside the dodge of "I don't use stats," CJ has not demonstrated his skill set in the last 19 games (other than I think 1 game last season). Skill set from three seasons ago which hasn't been demonstrated since isn't a current skill set.
Like I said, "skill sets" don't mean squat if they don't translate into real, measurable performance. Give me a guy whose EFFORT and work ethic translate to production over some guy with "skill sets" that look good in the combine or pro days. If I've got a guy with both... JACKPOT!!
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012   #38
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
I thought it was a pretty decent video. I like how you've incorporated some x's and o's on the board. If there was a way to go even further and incorporate a video of the type of plays you're talking about it would be that much better.
He can't really do that though, because his videos might get DMCA'd by the NFL. They have people that troll through Youtube and similar sites making DMCA claims to force people to go to NFL.com and other sites for their content.
Old 09-27-2012   #39
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmDiggy View Post
Thanks Austrian.. I don't look at stats when breaking down personnel..I look at skill set. And I think "Skills-wise" there's talent in both teams' backfield
Arian Foster was a UDFA, so what did that say about his "skill set"? It wasn't until he put up some "stats" that somebody said look what we've got here. At some point you have to look at a stat or it's going to appear like you don't have much of a clue, which is apparent in your videos.

That skill set vs. stats thing you keep clinging to is killing your credibility. Props to what you've got going on but I've probably seen my last of your vids.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012   #40
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Why look at stats when you can look at Madden ratings to get an in-depth analysis of player "skill sets?"

Actually it makes sense now, CJ500 is the fastest RB on Madden so that's all that matters. Foster's speed rating on Madden isn't as good therefore CJ>AF in the all important speed skill set.
It's been so long, I don't know last time I remember CJ sweeping around the end for any long gain. In fact, I'm not sure that he has taken anything long in recent history. I definitely looks like he has lost his blazing speed and now is not fast enough to take it to the outside.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read